Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Stan has also been using a rotation with both Gortat and Howard in this series. We saw a little bit of it against Cleveland, but more of it now. Even Battie has seen playing time. Any time the Magic play a good Western team, they have had issues matching up defensively against their big men. While Rashard poses a match up problem for teams on offense, it becomes problematic when he's on D. The Bynum/Gasol tandem is winning the war so far. If the Magic can find a quality PF, I think that would put them over the hump as far as being able to enforce their will and versatility.

Biggest question is how Hedo's contract is handled. I'm sure he wants to be back and I fully welcome his return. I just hope the financials work out.
Sign and trade Hedo for Odom, also a sign and trade!

Lakers get a real 3, Magic get a real 4. Lewis returns to his natural position, Ariza becomes the murderer off the bench.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled reality.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Sign and trade Hedo for Odom, also a sign and trade!

Lakers get a real 3, Magic get a real 4. Lewis returns to his natural position, Ariza becomes the murderer off the bench.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled reality.
In what world is Odom a real 4?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odom is a solid rebounder, which is something we don't have outside Dwight Howard in the starting lineup.

That said, he's only a .314 career 3-point shooter. That doesn't cut it with us.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Odom is a solid rebounder, which is something we don't have outside Dwight Howard in the starting lineup.

That said, he's only a .314 career 3-point shooter. That doesn't cut it with us.
I'd take all the upside Odom brings over Turkoglu any day of the week.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
In what world is Odom a real 4?
Candyland?

When he shows up, he has all the rebounding and post game you could ever ask for, with a mercurial jumper, and he plays D. Not to mention serious passing skills and size you can't teach.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not thaaaat tough a shot, the guy probably let himself drift a little too far under the basket but all he had to do was kiss it off the glass. I guarantee you, me, and especially Lee make that shot 9 times out of 10. with glee.
Not gonna blame Lee for missing that shot. I guarantee YOU don't make that shot 9 times out of 10. Ha. Let's not forget he had just free'd himself from Kobe off a screen and that's tough to do in it's own right.

Lee has always had a hard shot around the rim. I've been saying that for a while now that he just needs to ease up a tiny bit and add some touch. Same thing with Dwight... though Dwight has already improved a lot from last year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not blaming Lee for that shot either, he had to catch and release the ball almost as soon as he caught it, so with him running at near full speed, jumping and with his head almost behind the backboard and .6 seconds on the clock, i'm not gonna kill him for missing that shot.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not gonna blame Lee for missing that shot. I guarantee YOU don't make that shot 9 times out of 10. Ha. Let's not forget he had just free'd himself from Kobe off a screen and that's tough to do in it's own right.

Lee has always had a hard shot around the rim. I've been saying that for a while now that he just needs to ease up a tiny bit and add some touch. Same thing with Dwight... though Dwight has already improved a lot from last year.
Doood you can't knock my skills D! :) All you have to do is not slam it off the backboard. Freeing myself from Kobe however, might prove a challenge...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:54 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sense a Magic W by no less than 10 points today...

I actually wanna say a blowout.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I actually think the Magic will end up losing in five. I think they lose again tonight, then rebound in game four, only to lose again in game five. The only shot they had at this series was taking one in LA, and to lose that heart breaking game must have killed their morale. I'm not expecting much of a fight anymore.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I actually think the Magic will end up losing in five. I think they lose again tonight, then rebound in game four, only to lose again in game five. The only shot they had at this series was taking one in LA, and to lose that heart breaking game must have killed their morale. I'm not expecting much of a fight anymore.
Someone predicting that the Magic would collapse after a heart-wrenching loss?

Gee, that's something I've never heard before in these playoffs.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Someone predicting that the Magic would collapse after a heart-wrenching loss?

Gee, that's something I've never heard before in these playoffs.
The "world is out to get us/nobody believes in us" card has been overused.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
The "world is out to get us/nobody believes in us" card has been overused.
I don't think the world is out to get the Magic, but you can definitely say "nobody believes in them". ...as far as the national media and national fan audience goes. You're proof of that.

The fact that the Magic have made it this far is already awesome as a fan. Nobody predicted them to be here when the season started. They are ahead of schedule, so there's no way I can be down on them.

One thing they have showed is resiliency, so until this is over, there's always a chance.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think the world is out to get the Magic, but you can definitely say "nobody believes in them". ...as far as the national media and national fan audience goes. You're proof of that.

One thing they have showed is resiliency, so until this is over, there's always a chance.
Like I said already, it was over after Game 1. Phil Jackson's never lost a series where he's been up 1-0.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I sense a Magic W by no less than 10 points today...

I actually wanna say a blowout.
I can buy that. The Lakers have had some rough road games and tonight could certianly be another one.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm saying that through the eyes of an objective fan of basketball. I have no preference as to who should win this series, but i'm calling em like i see em. In two games, Orlando really hasn't shown they can run with LA, and provided that the Lakers keep playing the way they have, i just really don't see how the Magic will win even one game.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toronto traded Jason Kapono to the Sixers for Reggie Evans.

Discuss.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Toronto traded Jason Kapono to the Sixers for Reggie Evans.

Discuss.
The Raptors desperately needs some inside toughness and I guess Evans provides that. Also clears some cap space for the Raps.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm saying that through the eyes of an objective fan of basketball. I have no preference as to who should win this series, but i'm calling em like i see em. In two games, Orlando really hasn't shown they can run with LA, and provided that the Lakers keep playing the way they have, i just really don't see how the Magic will win even one game.
I've tried to stay as objective as possible, but I really think the Lakers get a win tonight...game 2 was their "oh we should wake up" game and it showed. Kobe with 7 turnovers and an overall sleepy game from the Laker team? I don't think it occurs again. I think the Lakers come out a lot more focused tonight. Of course, with the Magic's offensive scheme, they could just shoot the lights out and win the game, but that applies basically anytime they take the floor.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is the NBA. If you're within a foot of the basket it needs to go in almost every time.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I feel bad for Lee, but that was a very makeable shot. I guarantee I could make that shot more times than I miss it and I'm not a professional.

Making a layup when your a little behind the backboard really isn't all that tough.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With .6 seconds left it is THAT tough
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough, but he really should have made it.

He also prolly should have made the off balance shot prior to it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
With .6 seconds left it is THAT tough
I don't think time was a factor...if anything he rushed the shot.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think time was a factor...if anything he rushed the shot.
There's no such thing as rushing a shot when there's less than a second left.