Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
-MJ

People tend to confuse resiliency for never failing in Jordan's case.

Great game by the Magic, loved that dunk by Lee. I'm glad this isn't a bad series like last year.
Not really.

Everyone accepts that he wasn't perfect. But he never failed on the big stage. He always hit his free throws or made the shot when it counted.

With Kobe last night, he didn't play the first 5 mins of the 4th quarter. He missed too many free throws late that would have tied it. He forced ridiculous shots when he should have passed. You never saw Michael doing that in the finals.

And yes, I know early in his career he failed earlier in playoffs. I'm saying when he had the opportunity to win a championship, he didn't choke.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Kobe to opt out and sign with the Pistons this year.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And yes, I know early in his career he failed earlier in playoffs. I'm saying when he had the opportunity to win a championship, he didn't choke.
Uh the series is not exactly over, I'd say Kobe still has a bit of a chance to win a championship this year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Not really.

Everyone accepts that he wasn't perfect. But he never failed on the big stage. He always hit his free throws or made the shot when it counted.

With Kobe last night, he didn't play the first 5 mins of the 4th quarter. He missed too many free throws late that would have tied it. He forced ridiculous shots when he should have passed. You never saw Michael doing that in the finals.

Well Kobe still has that opportunity. Michael wasn't perfect in the Finals either, I remember him having an off game against the Suns. Kobe was really good in the first two games and started off strong in Game 3 before struggling down the stretch. I fully expect him to respond for Game 4.

Game 3 though last night was incredible from start to finish, very well played. I do think that if the Magic keep doubling Kobe that Phil needs to move him off the ball and get someone else involved in the pick and roll because even though he's making the right reads off the double, I think he can be more effective if he's coming off the ball on curls, screens, cuts, etc.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Uh the series is not exactly over, I'd say Kobe still has a bit of a chance to win a championship this year.
I didn't say he blew the series. I'm saying he choked when he had a chance to at least tie the game for his team.

I'm not saying Michael never had a bad game, either. I'm saying that late in a close game, he wouldn't be on the bench for like half the 4th quarter, miss crucial free throws, or force everything while not even looking to involve his teammates. I know guys like Kobe, MJ, Lebron, etc. are supposed to be the ones with the ball in their hands at the end, but that doesn't mean you force it and don't even look to move the ball when you are doubled with no view of the basket.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Michael knew how to close better than any player in the history of the game. If he didn't succeed he'd die trying. MJ usually made good decisions when the game was on the line.

Kobe while the best closer in the NBA right now still has his moments where you scratch your head on what he's trying to do. Although the double teams I think threw him out of his rhythm.

He did play two very good games though before that and against Denver he pretty much carried his team so one "off game" where he really wasn't that bad isn't something I'd be concerned about. He'll be ready to go for Game 4.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Well Michael knew how to close better than any player in the history of the game.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Miller has some of the best daggers in the history of ever, difficult to argue for sure.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That push still grinds my gears. Also that was awesome to win game 6 for them only to lose game 7.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

What are you doing down here, NBA thread? Don't you know there's a finals game today?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
What happened in Game 7 again?

He's still the greatest closer in basketball history.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the crap back up here thread.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might heart is beating way too fast right now. I'm amped up. Gotta win.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Courtney.

1-4 from the arc now. Damn. But if they're giving it to him. Shoot the hell out of it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-11-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee is looking great.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He had a real similar start in a game against the sixers earlier in the year. Actually turned out to be a good game for him.

edit...2 fouls. BLAH.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee hasn't started out so hot, but if they keep leaving him open in at the corner like that he's going to make them regret it eventually.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The bad news is that one more foul on Pietrus and Redick checks in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quick question.

Why do they have blimps for indoor sports games?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Love the energy out of Rafer and Dwight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Both Gasol and Bynum with two fouls.

If the Lakers aren't careful, the rest of this quarter could turn into a rout.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well that wasn't too bright Ariza.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

After he did that, I wondered if it would be a T.

And it was. Not a smart move by Trevor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every single starting Laker forward is now in foul trouble.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If it wasnt for turnovers we should have a large lead. Lakers arent too hot at the moment and we've killed them on the glass.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Dwight with double digit rebounds in the 1st quarter, he could finish this quarter with around 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote