Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear Pietrus likes to double fist Spaniards.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Fisher is Sub Zero in his spare time because he is one cold blooded ninja.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brah, I'm pretty sick bags right now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
If Dwight could have made one free throw at the end there, we would have one this game. Missed opportunities, my friend. I hate to put it on Dwight like that because there was so much wrong in this game, but he's Dwight Howard, he needs to make those.
Howard missing is understandable... Hedo missing like he did tonight.... Lack of focus... or too much focus... whatevers... he missed a ton.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Dwight should shoot a thousand free-throws a day over the postseason.
Dwight's gotten a WHOLE lot better... He should only keep improving.

But Jameer's DEFENSE.... Never had it, never will.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
That's why terrible free throw shooters like Howard and Shaq don't get the ball at the end of important games...

Or they shouldn't at least.
King James is sitting at home and disagreeing with you right now. Howard nailed his FTs in that series and sent the King home whining.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dwight's gotten a WHOLE lot better... He should only keep improving.

But Jameer's DEFENSE.... Never had it, never will.
Jameer has never played defense this bad. He's no where near 100%, he shouldnt even be out there.

As for Dwight, I would reserve judgement pertaining to his free throws until next year. He's shooting 62% in the finals. That's hovering around his career average.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Howard missing is understandable... Hedo missing like he did tonight.... Lack of focus... or too much focus... whatevers... he missed a ton.
Very true. That is inexcuseable as well.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Jameer has never played defense this bad. He's no where near 100%, he shouldnt even be out there.

As for Dwight, I would reserve judgement pertaining to his free throws until next year. He's shooting 62% in the finals. That's hovering around his career average.
Usually bad form spells the end... Shaq and Big Ben are atrocious... But Howard actually has a decent shot, he just needs to remind himself to shoot with more touch and less force. If he'd just hang his right hand up in the cookie jar until the ball hits the rim, he'd learn what touch is.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He short arms everything and he has been doing so since he got in the league. I dont know why he hasnt learned to extend on his free throws.

I hope he gets better but, some guys never get better from the stripe. He's been consistent but, w/ a poor percentage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

His improvement seems noticeably different, but I guess I can't argue the numbers.

Can't hate on him though. He was a one man defensive wreaking crew tonight.

No matter what, I have to be damn happy for the Magic's season though. So long as I keep reminding myself of that, it helps ease the pain. I hope they can pull something out of their butt and win though. Now THAT would be sweet.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry to say this because I was pulling for the Nuggets and then the Magic but this series is over.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm sorry to say this because I was pulling for the Nuggets and then the Magic but this series is over.
Well, to be honest, most never gave the Magic a chance to begin with. ...and this series could easily be 3-1 in the Magic's favor with a little bit of focus on Free Throw shooting in the 4th quarter.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:47 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, to be honest, most never gave the Magic a chance to begin with. ...and this series could easily be 3-1 in the Magic's favor with a little bit of focus on Free Throw shooting in the 4th quarter.
Lol this sounds like Cavs fans last series.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
King James is sitting at home and disagreeing with you right now. Howard nailed his FTs in that series and sent the King home whining.
Because that relates to my post at all? Nice try chief...

Yeah, 50% FT shooters like Shaq and Howard should be given the ball in critical situations late in the game. Makes perfect sense.

Shows what you know about that.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

Quote:

Yeah, 50% FT shooters like Shaq and Howard should be given the ball in critical situations late in the game. Makes perfect sense.

He was given the ball because he was the only sure thing to score or get fouled
**Turk was terrible from the stripe im upset with Dwight as well both those guys missed every opportunity and it just made me so mad i could poop.

Christ sake Turk is supposed to be Mr.Clutch and he cant make ONE free throw
not a set but just one
then dwight choked
blah
I'm very upset.
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The series is getting dark for the Magic, but it isn't over, they have been in the last three games and if two shots go in they could be up 3-1. I hate hypotheticals but what I mean is they could get back in it. That is if they don't let this break them.

I don't know who their free agents are but if they bring everyone back and improve some small things I would see them as heavy favorites.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Magic win the next game.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

That's a pretty awesome picture. hahahahaha.

Dwight was wide open for the dunk when he got fouled hard. Of course that was a good pass to him at the time. Shows what you know about nothing.

Fact of the matter is that Dwight is still not a great FT shooter, but has improved by leaps and bounds. He hit a lot of key FTs that sent Lebron home. They deliberately tried to foul him and send him to the line and he made them pay. He could've done the same thing yesterday, but missed. ...and that was the difference between winning and losing.

Last edited by D-Unit : 06-12-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think the Magic win the next game.

I think so too. But that's going to be it. Magic will win the next game, everyone will talk about how we have a series again, and then the Lakers will wrap it up in Game 6.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does Dwight push off with his arm in at least half of his box outs?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:

This is one of the msot pathetic things I have ever seen. Drop the ego pal. Its an internet forum.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Is it just me or does Dwight push off with his arm in at least half of his box outs?
It's not just you; Just like Shaq, refs still don't really know how to officiate Dwight.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
His improvement seems noticeably different, but I guess I can't argue the numbers.

Can't hate on him though. He was a one man defensive wreaking crew tonight.

No matter what, I have to be damn happy for the Magic's season though. So long as I keep reminding myself of that, it helps ease the pain. I hope they can pull something out of their butt and win though. Now THAT would be sweet.
Dwight played great and terrible at the same time. He was fantastic on defense and the boards but, the guy was a turnover machine yesterday and couldnt buy a free throw. He contributed to the loss quite a bit as well but, at the same time he was a big reason why we had a big lead and dominated that first half as well.

I'm very proud of this team as well. It just sucks that we probably wont be able to win it all. They've shown that they belong with the rest of these elite teams. The talent was there to win the championship. It could just as easily be 3-1 Magic or 2-2 in this series as well. That's the way the ball bounces I suppose. They really have no one to blame but, themselves but, you still cant help but be proud of what they've accomplished. Especially considering we lost Nelson around mid year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

So is it time to revisit the Master of Panic conversation?

I think when the dust settles booting up Jameer Nelson after 4 months out is going to be looked at as one of the weirdest coaching moves ever.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Half the NBA does that. You could pick out at least a couple fouls every time down the floor which is why officiating in the NBA is sketchy. It's mostly judgement calls.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote