Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shaq deal should've happened before the trade deadline. They wouldn't have given up much at all and probably would still be playing basketball if they made it. Hopefully Shaq can have a season like this past one for the Cavs to put us over the top. They need a scorer at #4 in the frontcourt too though, they can't just settle on Shaq, they need firepower down low to help out LeBron and put us over the hump. I think this might be our starting five in 2009/2010:

Mo
DeLonte
LeBron
Rasheed
Shaq

They need healthy and younger guys as depth up front though. Wallace and Shaq are too old to put all the eggs into their basket. Resigning Varajeo would solve that issue, but I dont' know anything about the salary cap situation if we were to get Oneal and Wallace.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Miller not on the top 50 list is a joke. Reggie is better than a lot of those dudes.
25000 points (13th all time), 2500 3's (#1 all time), 1500 steals (#33 all time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the Suns really just give Shaq away like that? I know they're cheap, but that's bad. They don't even have a Center aside from Fropez.

The Cavs have needs besides Center. They need a new coach, they also need a Shooting Guard and PF. If I'm the Cavs, instead of Shaq from the Suns, I'd have my eyes on Amare Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa.

If they aren't going to get either of them, just wait. If things go their way, they could really cash in at the trade deadline with the expiring contracts of Ben Wallace (14.5 Mil) and Sasha Pavlovic (4.5 Mil). Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao also have player options for next year which add up to nearly $18 Million expiring, too.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I don't like a Shaq deal for Cleveland. LeBron would have to slow down the show for him even more.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaq the Cav would be sheer brilliance, how could anyone not like this move?

Lebron wouldn't have to slow the show down anymore than he already does for Big Z. Shaq would give them a legitimate post presence on both ends, if only because of his ridiculous size. That's the only reason they lost to Orlando, they got dominated inside by D12.

Would this guarantee them a championship? No. Boston, Orlando, and LA are too strong to give anyone a guarantee for next year. But it makes them a better team and shores up a big weak spot. Get er done, it will be good for basketball.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Lebron wouldn't have to slow the show down anymore than he already does for Big Z. Shaq would give them a legitimate post presence on both ends, if only because of his ridiculous size. That's the only reason they lost to Orlando, they got dominated inside by D12.

Would this guarantee them a championship? No. Boston, Orlando, and LA are too strong to give anyone a guarantee for next year. But it makes them a better team and shores up a big weak spot. Get er done, it will be good for basketball.
He may have size but he isn't exactly a shot blocker on the defensive end, so I'm not sure how he will be a presence there. And aside from Lebron, the rest of the team looked slow in rotation and unathletic compared to the Magic. Adding Shaq to the mix can only make that worse.

And as I stated earlier, Wallace and Pavlovic's expiring contracts will be prized commodities, why waste them on a player who might make your team just a tiny bit better.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Yeah and what I should have added is that they need to speed up the tempo more that's why I don't like it. They have a ton of length in the frontcourt but no high fliers or anybody that can finish plays (besides LeBron) and they're undersized in the backcourt.

Bosanac01

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 06-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I an asshole if I muted the TV when the girl started singing?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This girl is getting old. But they do win every time she steps out there.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not last game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

I predict a Laker win by 8+ points although I would rather see them win it at home.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Not last game.
Really? I could've sworn they did. Then boo on the Magic for putting her out there again.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering if they would pull the plug on her after they lost. haha. But I soon realized there was no chance of that happening. That would just be awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I figure, it's going to be a Lakers blow out or a Magic win.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Heh, you really narrowed it down there...
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Heh, you really narrowed it down there...
I did actually...I could have worded it better, though. If it's close, Magic win. But I could see them getting blown out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yea that's pretty much what every1 thinks

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Tip-off.

Whatever happens, it's been a great season.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The HD is all sketchy for me at the moment. blah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Kobe needs to wait until after the play to complain to the refs. That's just stupid.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Hhahahaha....

"Sometimes you're open for a reason"

after Bynum goes 0-6 in first couple minutes.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

This is why you play Courtney Lee, Stan. No trust in him at all this series.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
This is why you play Courtney Lee, Stan. No trust in him at all this series.
Heh, so he can foul Kobe every chance he gets? ;)
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Refs are trying to extend this series omg conspiracy!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yay, Stan didnt take Lee out after giving up one three.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS