Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Can anyone explain to me just what the hell the Pistons plan to do with all their cap space they gutted the roster to get?

Are they really gonna blow all their money this offseason and not in the 2010 free agent class?
Chris Bosh? Carmelo Anthony?
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i really kinda want to. Might be too late now, although my aunt lives in Manhattan. If I weren't on crutches, I think I'd look really hard at going haha. It'd be sweet to go. I'd rock my Sean Williams jersey
sucks your on crutches. Its not too late, you just have to get there at like 6 AM and wait and you get in for sure. The crutches would be a huge pain in the ass tho.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Bucks won't be that bad, I hope. A starting five of Ridnour, Redd, Alexander, Amir Johnson and Andrew Bogut should be alright. Add in our rookie point guard, Mbah a Moute, Kurt Thomas, Charlie Bell and our second round pick. Plus, Charlie V and Ramon Sessions may be back too. CV could possibly start at the 3.
I doubt that Alexander would start next year. He should get more minutes but Mbah a Moute would start. I'd like to see CV back but when they traded for Amir that puts a big question mark on their intentions with him. If healthy, I agree with you, the Bucks won't be that bad. They could be a middle of the pack team next year.
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me just what the hell the Pistons plan to do with all their cap space they gutted the roster to get?

Are they really gonna blow all their money this offseason and not in the 2010 free agent class?
My instinct tells me that it's gonna be spent on Carlos Boozer and Ben Gordon.

Just hope not. I don't really want either one. I'm actually somewhat hoping, if we don't pick Earl Clark, that we draft a PG at #15. Move Stuckey to SG and move Rip if possible.

I fear the offseason acquisitions of Ben Gordon, Carlos Boozer, and BJ Mullens.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
sucks your on crutches. Its not too late, you just have to get there at like 6 AM and wait and you get in for sure. The crutches would be a huge pain in the ass tho.
6 in the morning? That sucks, I wouldn't have minded going, except for the 6 am part. Isn't it held at the Nokia theater now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

ESPN reporting that the Twolves are trying to trade up to the #2 spot. Hello Rubio
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
My instinct tells me that it's gonna be spent on Carlos Boozer and Ben Gordon.

Just hope not. I don't really want either one. I'm actually somewhat hoping, if we don't pick Earl Clark, that we draft a PG at #15. Move Stuckey to SG and move Rip if possible.

I fear the offseason acquisitions of Ben Gordon, Carlos Boozer, and BJ Mullens.
I would be so pissed if that happened. Who exactly would be the centerpiece of our team then? Gordon and Boozer have no star power to speak of. And we'd have no money for next year.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
ESPN reporting that the Twolves are trying to trade up to the #2 spot. Hello Rubio
They could trade up to #2 while still keeping either #5 or #6.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I would be so pissed if that happened. Who exactly would be the centerpiece of our team then? Gordon and Boozer have no star power to speak of. And we'd have no money for next year.
Rodney Stuckey of course!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
6 in the morning? That sucks, I wouldn't have minded going, except for the 6 am part. Isn't it held at the Nokia theater now?
well, you can get there later, but to guarantee seats 6:30 is probably the latest. The tix go on sale at eleven I think. Its at the theatre at MSG.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodney Stuckey of course!
Stuckey
Gordon
Tayshaun
Maxiell
Boozer

Uhhhhhhh . . . #1 pick in 2010? Who's the early favorite anyways?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Stuckey
Gordon
Tayshaun
Maxiell
Boozer

John Wall, Ed Davis, Derrick Favors, Donatas Motiejunas, or Greg Monroe..

Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
well, you can get there later, but to guarantee seats 6:30 is probably the latest. The tix go on sale at eleven I think. Its at the theatre at MSG.
Does it work like the NFL draft, have to get their and get a wristband, one per person (as in I can't go and get more then 1 ticket?). U headed to the draft Rob S?

Quote:
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
John Wall, Ed Davis, Derrick Favors, Donatas Motiejunas, or Greg Monroe..
Never heard of any of them. Maybe I should watch more college basketball . . .
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Never heard of any of them. Maybe I should watch more college basketball . . .
Wall seems to be a pretty heavy favorite to go #1 at this point. Big, super athletic PG with pretty nice instincts. He'll be a freshman at Kentucky next year, Davis and Monroe are gonna be sophs at UNC and Georgetown, Favors will be a frosh at Georgia Tech, and Motiejunas is an international guy. All but Wall are big guys.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Wall seems to be a pretty heavy favorite to go #1 at this point. Big, super athletic PG with pretty nice instincts. He'll be a freshman at Kentucky next year, Davis and Monroe are gonna be sophs at UNC and Georgetown, Favors will be a frosh at Georgia Tech, and Motiejunas is an international guy. All but Wall are big guys.
Sweet. Pistons need a PG, haha.

Clearly I am not high on our chances next year.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sweet. Pistons need a PG, haha.

Clearly I am not high on our chances next year.
Haha just hope you don't land Ben Gordon, though as a Bulls fan I don't think I'd really mind. Dunno how good Wall's gonna be at Kentucky, not exactly the smartest guy either, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't excel in Cal's system and become a very high draft pick. Outside of Wall though that draft class may not have another elite PG, unless of course Corey Fisher gets more PT and explodes for 'Nova this year... (kidding of course)
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stuckey
Gordon
Tayshaun
Maxiell
Boozer

lol, you must not know that the Pistons have promised BJ Mullens that he is the pick at #15.

Stuckey
Gordon
Prince
Boozer
Mullens

also what a weird day for the Bucks. Jefferson to the Spurs for 3 old players who essentially amount to jack -. Then for some god foresaken reason (money) the Pistons trade Amir Johnson for Oberto. So now they cleared nearly 15 million in cap-space, got rid of Jefferson who will be replaced by Alexander and managed to get a young and athletic PF. They just made the future a little brighter in Milwaukee
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Question to non-Pistons fans: Is Rodney Stuckey a Point Guard or a Shooting Guard? Or more importantly, which one should he be?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Question to non-Pistons fans: Is Rodney Stuckey a Point Guard or a Shooting Guard? Or more importantly, which one should he be?
He should be a combo guard off the bench but he's being forced into a point guard role.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He should be a combo guard off the bench but he's being forced into a point guard role.
Amen. Please forward your post to Joe Dumars.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amen. Please forward your post to Joe Dumars.
I think he stopped reading my letters after the death threats about him keeping Michael Curry on as coach continued.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think he stopped reading my letters after the death threats about him keeping Michael Curry on as coach continued.
Makes sense. Curry is a chump. Give me Isaiah Thomas anyday . . .
Old 06-23-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Makes sense. Curry is a chump. Give me Isaiah Thomas anyday . . .
You can take him

Quote:
Old 06-23-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, Stuckey should be a 6th man, or at least a ball dominating SG with a distributor at PG.