Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You mean like a...Cowboys fan.
Meh maybe back in the day...you look at our roster now and it's actually built through the draft for the most part. Now in an uncapped year, I'm going to hate being a Cowboys fan at times. You dont buy championships.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh maybe back in the day...you look at our roster now and it's actually built through the draft for the most part. Now in an uncapped year, I'm going to hate being a Cowboys fan at times. You dont buy championships.
like the 2007-2008 celtics?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Spurs, Sheed.

I want Fran to come over, and no way that he will if we bring someone like Wallace in.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if Sheed picks the Spurs, they win the Championship in 2010. I'm no fan of Sheed but I know what he is capable of.. Can any team put out a lineup as good as Parker/Ginobili/Jefferson/Duncan/Sheed? with Finley, Mason, and Blair in there.. they'll definitely be a tough team.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
He's looking for the MLE so it would certainly work out for the Nets.
I so called that a few pages back! I only thought about him because I was playing 2k9 and was doing mavs-suns game for an achievement, and Bass dunked everything! except for the baby hook he missed at the buzzer, but still.

I'd be all for it, now I must go yell at diab why lebron would come to jersey:

1. I'M HERE!!!
2. To win. There's no doubt in my mind, come the 2010 offseason, the Nets will give Lebron the best chance to win out of any possible suitor. good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah, if Sheed picks the Spurs, they win the Championship in 2010. I'm no fan of Sheed but I know what he is capable of.. Can any team put out a lineup as good as Parker/Ginobili/Jefferson/Duncan/Sheed? with Finley, Mason, and Blair in there.. they'll definitely be a tough team.
If the Magic manage to keep Turk, I'd rate Nelson/Carter/Turkaglu/Lewis/Howard higher than Parker/Ginobili/Jefferson/Duncan/Sheed. If only because of the likelihood of injury that exists between Ginobili, Rasheed and Jefferson. Of the Magic starting five, you can only really rate Nelson as an injury risk.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If the Magic manage to keep Turk, I'd rate Nelson/Carter/Turkaglu/Lewis/Howard higher than Parker/Ginobili/Jefferson/Duncan/Sheed. If only because of the likelihood of injury that exists between Ginobili, Rasheed and Jefferson. Of the Magic starting five, you can only really rate Nelson as an injury risk.
of the magic starting five you can only really rate nelson as an injury risk?

Do you not realize you just acquired VINCE CARTER?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
of the magic starting five you can only really rate nelson as an injury risk?

Do you not realize you just acquired VINCE CARTER?
Carter has missed just 11 games since joining the Nets.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where's this Vince injury risk **** coming from? Vince was ******* awesome for us. Some rolled ankles here and there, but he's a basketball player, that comes with it. His scoring dropped, but his leadership and passing ability and heart really stood out to me this year. He and Harris carried this team. I mean, the **** Carter had to work with, he never gave up and kept the Nets fighting. With him, I've got Orlando as the early favorites. Orlando-Spurs finals, book it.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carter has missed just 11 games since joining the Nets.
something is wrong with your math cause its 37. and he has played 1 full season as a net.

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-26-2009 at 01:25 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
something is wrong with your math cause its 37.
Two last year

Six the year before

None in 06-07

Three in 05-06

Played 57 games in Jersey after playing 20 in Toronto in 04 (dunno if he missed those 5 as a Raptor or a Net)

Your math is wrong.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

guess what, I've seen more of the new, recent Carter than anyone here! muwahahaha so no matter what, I'm going to be right! rawr
Quote:
Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Also, LTGiants, LeBron James has NEVER played a "complete season" in his entire career.

Guess he's an injury risk.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Two last year

Six the year before

None in 06-07

Three in 05-06

Played 57 games in Jersey after playing 20 in Toronto in 04 (dunno if he missed those 5 as a Raptor or a Net)

Your math is wrong.
82- 77 = 5 games missed in 04-05

5+ the 3 in 05-06= 8

8+6 in 07-08= 14

14+2 08-09= 16

edit o **** didnt add the toronto numbers my bad i was still right just messed up a little

he missed 16 not 11

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-26-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
82- 57 = 25 games missed in 04-05

25+ the 3 in 05-06= 28

28+6 in 07-08= 34

34+2 08-09= 36

sry hit the 7 instead of 6
Knock 20 games off that 04-05 total because, like I said, he was traded midseason after playing 20 games for the Raptors.

Edit: Just looked it up: In 04-05, Vince missed two games to injury while playing for the Raptors, two games because of being deactivated due to the trade proceedings, and one game because he hadn't practiced with the Nets yet.

Last edited by JT Jag : 06-26-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Knock 20 games off that 04-05 total because, like I said, he was traded midseason after playing 20 games for the Raptors.
i realized i messed up after re looking at my post look above your post you will see i did the math over. I admit I messed up but VC has a injury history there is no arguing that he is been better of late then i realized but vc is still risky.

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i realized i messed up after re looking at my post look above your post you will see i did the math over.
Check my edit. It's still 11. 12 if you're picky.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Check my edit. It's still 11. 12 if you're picky.
no its not its 16 which is i edit in 1 of my posts i admit he has been better then i have realized.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Check the game logs. He missed just one game as a Net in 2004, and it's the very first one after being traded to the Nets.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Check the game logs. He missed just one game as a Net in 2004, and it's the very first one after being traded to the Nets.
i am looking at this right here

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/vince_...eer_stats.html

i admit i messed up and didn't add the other Toronto # for 04-05 but its not 11 its still in the teen range which is a lot better then i realized like i have said now 3 times but still to say that jameer nelson is the only injury risk on the team when you acquired vc who lets be honest even though he has been better recently its not like he hasn't been hurt in the past.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...=136&year=2005

And I appreciate your statement.

I R ARGUMENT

Last edited by JT Jag : 06-26-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

no ur not cause even though my math was wrong at first cause i said it was 37 cause of me forgetting to add the raptors numbers.Your math was wrong to. It is still more then 11 which is what I said he missed more then 11.

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-26-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
no ur not cause even though my math was wrong your math was wrong to at first cause i said it was 37 cause of me forgetting to add the raptors numbers. It is still more then 11 which is what I said he missed more then 11.
You'll find Carter missed just one as a Net if you look at the game-by-game, but w/e, not going to waste more time arguing if he missed one or three games in 2004.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You'll find Carter missed just one as a Net if you look at the game-by-game, but w/e, not going to waste more time arguing if he missed one or three games in 2004.
OK lets say I take away another 1 game from the 16-1 that's 15 and just for the sake of it I will take 3 off the 16-3= 13 either way its still more then 11

we don't have to argue about this anymore it really isn't that relevant and just for the sake of going through this i will give u rep
Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

YAY REP

Rep makes the world go round.