Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There was also a report floating around that we'd match any offer for Gortat but, i dont buy it.

With Millsap probably going back to Utah now, apparently, OKC has turned their sights to Gortat.
Wow, you're quick. I haven't heard Millsap is now going back to Utah. What were the #s? Did OKC change their mind? I thought Gortat would end up there with or without Millsap, but yeah, it does seem like a strong possibility.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...r_two_seasons/

Quote:
According to a report from El Periodico, Ricky Rubio has decided not to come over to the United States to play for the Minnesota Timberwolves and will remain with DKV Joventut for the next two seasons.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we fail to add a good player with the MLE...I dont think we're better than last year. Especially if it means starting Pietrus, which is a possibility. Some have even said there could be a chance that Redick starts and Carter plays forward. Talk about epic failure.

It's still early but, there is a good chance we would have been better off paying Hedo his money, keeping the depth we had and making a run at Bass to play off the bench with the full MLE. I'll certainly reserve judgement until we actually have a set roster but, the Carter deal looks worse by the day, when we hear talk about not adding the starting caliber PF, this team has been looking for this off-season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wow, you're quick. I haven't heard Millsap is now going back to Utah. What were the #s? Did OKC change their mind? I thought Gortat would end up there with or without Millsap, but yeah, it does seem like a strong possibility.
No numbers or deal yet but that is the plan, they say. And while they're now shopping Boozer. They say they can make it work one more year w/ both of them. But it seems like they see Millsap as more of the future. That being said, if OKC throws some insane deal at him, they may change their tune. But everything I've been hearing lately is that OKC is starting their courtship of Gortat and they can offer him a pretty penny. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No numbers or deal yet but that is the plan, they say. And while they're now shopping Boozer. They say they can make it work one more year w/ both of them. But it seems like they see Millsap as more of the future. That being said, if OKC throws some insane deal at him, they may change their tune. But everything I've been hearing lately is that OKC is starting their courtship of Gortat and they can offer him a pretty penny. :)
I heard Houston wasn't even offering Gortat the MLE, and they really were pushing for him. I really question how much he will command.

OKC doesn't seem like the kind of team that would splurge, but I thought they were going to make it tough for Utah to match.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I heard Houston wasn't even offering Gortat the MLE, and they really were pushing for him. I really question how much he will command.

OKC doesn't seem like the kind of team that would splurge, but I thought they were going to make it tough for Utah to match.
OKC was talking $65 million for Millsap a few days ago. So...

I dont get the fit at all, though. They'd be much better off with Gortat and that seems to be where they are looking. Gortat will see the MLE at least...he's a young talented center, they're always over paid. I wouldnt be shocked to see him get a rather large offer from OKC or the Kings. The Spurs are interested in him as well and willingt o spend the MLE on him. I dont think he is at the top of their list, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
OKC was talking $65 million for Millsap a few days ago. So...

I dont get the fit at all, though. They'd be much better off with Gortat and that seems to be where they are looking. Gortat will see the MLE at least...he's a young talented center, they're always over paid. I wouldnt be shocked to see him get a rather large offer from OKC or the Kings. The Spurs are interested in him as well and willingt o spend the MLE on him. I dont think he is at the top of their list, though.
I agree. Millsap is not even an upgrade at PF over Jeff Green, imo.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jeff Green was a top 5 pick who plays 37 minutes per game and he keeps getting better. I seriously doubt they would bench Green in favor of Millsap. And if they want Millsap, a 6'7 PF at center. Good luck with that. haha. I just dont get it. Go for Gortat, a true center and you could actually run a lot of the same things Orlando did last year. I dont see them as a playoff team this early but, what an amazing young lineup that would be. They wouldnt be all that far away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Did you guys see this? I think it's funny. Do people on these boards still drool over Rubio?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...r_two_seasons/

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Rubio would flock back to Europe for a couple more years I've said it all along. If he were to come to the NBA now he'd have to pay 3 mil out of his pocket to get out of his current contract. Considering he hasn't been paid yet he'd have to come up with 3 mil before the season by getting some sponsorship to pick up the cost. He can make his money now in Europe and hope the T'wolves trade his rights at some point.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope nothing but terrible things for that bastard. Go Flynn.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Mavs blog says they've made an offer to Gortat for the MLE.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Gortat Update!

We're now hearing that the Mavericks have indeed made an offer to Marcin Gortat and the only hangup will be if the Magic decides to match the offer.

Barring that, the next center of the Mavericks appears headed this way.

This would represent the first domino in the Mavericks' summer makeover and probably would be a good move in helping sway Jason Kidd's return.

--Eddie Sefko

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...at-update.html

I'm hearing it's for the full MLE. Why not do a S&T with Orlando to get Bass? Then both teams still have the MLE to use.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Gortat Update!

We're now hearing that the Mavericks have indeed made an offer to Marcin Gortat and the only hangup will be if the Magic decides to match the offer.

This would represent the first domino in the Mavericks' summer makeover and probably would be a good move in helping sway Jason Kidd's return.

--Eddie Sefko

I'm hearing it's for the full MLE. Why not do a S&T with Orlando to get Bass? Then both teams still have the MLE to use.
They're both BYC so you cant. And Hollinger just said he thinks Orlando will be splitting the MLE again. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you guys see this? I think it's funny. Do people on these boards still drool over Rubio?

Rubio is a smart man, he is the future of the PG position

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
They're both BYC so you cant. And Hollinger just said he thinks Orlando will be splitting the MLE again. :(
Ah crappy. Splitting the MLE might be crappy to. Will have to wait and see. Otis makes me nervous. I really want McDyess. Who do you like?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Mavs blog says they've made an offer to Gortat for the MLE.
I can live with it. It's an upgrade over Damp that's for sure.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ah crappy. Splitting the MLE might be crappy to. Will have to wait and see. Otis makes me nervous. I really want McDyess. Who do you like?
I liked Bass. :D There isnt much out there. If we split it than we'll have to get more of a back PF like Frye or Diogu. Someone like that. Hopefully, they're all wrong and we still get Bass. But all this news is discouraging. Mcdyess is old as sin. lol. But he'd be fine if he'd work with us contract wise. I dont know what he'll get exactly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gortat Update!

--Eddie Sefko

Ok, why is it that the Raptors haven't done anything to get him? What is the offer on the table that the Magic have to match? are they overpaying him?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Ok, why is it that the Raptors haven't done anything to get him? What is the offer on the table that the Magic have to match? are they overpaying him?
The Raptors are forced to wait on Hedo. So they can't really be aggressive on anyone else until things are settled since he's their first priority.

But with Toronto, what I'm wondering is if they are looking for trade partners on Bosh.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Paul posted it like 5 posts above you.
and smokescreen by Rubio. He understands Minnesota won't undersell him unless he is proving to them he does not want to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I liked Bass. :D There isnt much out there. If we split it than we'll have to get more of a back PF like Frye or Diogu. Someone like that. Hopefully, they're all wrong and we still get Bass. But all this news is discouraging. Mcdyess is old as sin. lol. But he'd be fine if he'd work with us contract wise. I dont know what he'll get exactly.
Yeah, I still would love Bass, but McDyess is a better defender, scorer and is hungry as hell for that ring. I don't want him for the full MLE though, that's for sure.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dallas should be one of several teams offering up the full mle but OKC can give him a real good offer that tops that. If it's just the MLE...that would 5.6 million the Magic would have to match and even that may be too much for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-02-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets get it done!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If that happens I'm going to do a little dance. Gortat is the only player that I want at all in FA, doesn't seem to likely at this point though. But they can offer the most.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote