Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I have to admit, I don't like Brewer at all he is tied 3rd with me along with Julian, but I like Julian slightly more.
I think he's basically Josh Howard with a higher ceiling. That's more than enough for me to like him.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I really don't like Florida but I like Brewer and how he plays.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Ghetto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7JD...elated&search=

:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

tyrus=beast
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazing player, reminds me of this guy named Jonothan Bender.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazing player, reminds me of this guy named Jonothan Bender.
Bender was extremely talented, he just never was able to stay healthy.

And Tyrus in his rookie season >>>>> Jonathan in his rookie season, that in limited minutes (about 12 a game).

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm antsy, Jeff Green must make his decision by monday.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Tyrus Thomas can dunk....that is all that I have seen..

no I don't wanna hear about LeBron, Ghetto.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Tyrus Thomas can dunk....that is all that I have seen..

no I don't wanna hear about LeBron, Ghetto.
Tyrus can also rebound and block shots which is crucial on a team that lacks a definite inside presence

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be post #4 in a row in here....

anyway, latest rumor is... if the magic cant acquire a top tier FA, their top target will be, Mickael Pietrus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Carlos Delfino has been traded to Toronto for 2 future 2nd rounders, 2009, 2011.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Cavs are awful they are going nowhere after round 1.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I still love you.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent checked this thread in a while... I'm sure it's been said but, if it has hasnt... The Magic had to give up pick #39 in able to get Van Gundy. Miami also has the right to flip-flop first-round picks in 2008, unless the Magic are in the lottery.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I havent checked this thread in a while... I'm sure it's been said but, if it has hasnt... The Magic had to give up pick #39 in able to get Van Gundy. Miami also has the right to flip-flop first-round picks in 2008, unless the Magic are in the lottery.
I believe I mentioned it, it's great for magic fans lol.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carlos Delfino has been traded to Toronto for 2 future 2nd rounders, 2009, 2011.
Good trade for the raps in my opinion, because those picks should be relatively late in the second round, plus Delfino will fit in well with the raps style of play, and he is european which is important for colangelo lol
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Here's the latest;

Minnesota has guaranteed Hawes at #7 according to draftexpress.com...Interesting. I heard that Brewer was their favorite for that pick so it must mean he'll be gone before #7 (Boston is my guess).

Charlotte loves both Noah and Brewer. I'm hoping Corey goes before #7 so he doesnt' have to choose b/w the two. :D I really, really, really, really don't want Noah.

Yi's stock is dropping a bit due to the report that came out about his age. It said he was 25. We've heard rumors of 19, 22, and 25 now. Which one is true? Are any of them true? That causes some concern. But if Yi is there for Chicago at #9, they will take him. That's if he gets there

I'm hearing (maybe Ghetto is hearing something else) that Wright looks good for the #3 slot. I know JJ pushed for Yi but I don't see it happening. I think Wright is the pick.

Horford is a lock or #4 if he gets there. If he's not, I think they go Wright.

Milwaukee really, really likes Conley. I think he goes #6, even if Williams is resigned. Despite what people are saying though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Green or Noah at #6.

Word out of Chicago is that they're intrigued by Julian Wright. Even though he hasn't had a workout with them, Paxon I guess really likes him. I'd be all for Julian at #9, we could use his versatility if we don't go with a big man.

So my lottery now is;

1) Portland - Oden
2) Seattle - Durant
3) Atlanta - Wright
4) Memphis - Horford
5) Boston - Brewer
6) Milwaukee - Conley
7) Minnesota - Hawes
8) Charlotte - Noah
9) Chicago - Jianlin (possibly Wright)
10) Sacramento - Nick Young
11) Atlanta - Javaris Crittenton
12) Philadelphia - Al Thornton
13) New Orleans - Julian Wright
14) LA Clippers - Acie Law

Edit: I'm keeping Jeff Green out of that mock because I don't know if he's staying or not.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of rumors that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Minnesota really likes Spencer Hawes and they're leaning toward taking him at 7. Supposedly McHale sees a bit of himself in Hawes.

Corey Brewer had a great workout in Charlotte and it looks like they'd take him if available at 8. This wouldn't mean too much but if Minnesota does take Hawes, it's possible Brewer falls to that spot.

Minnesota taking Hawes at 7 would also mean that there's a solid chance the Bulls trade their pick. It would increase the chances of Conley falling to 9 (see trade posted by GS at the top of the page), and even if he doesn't there's really no bigs to take at that spot so they could look to deal it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that Atlanta likes Horford at 3

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
A couple of rumors that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Minnesota really likes Spencer Hawes and they're leaning toward taking him at 7. Supposedly McHale sees a bit of himself in Hawes.

Corey Brewer had a great workout in Charlotte and it looks like they'd take him if available at 8. This wouldn't mean too much but if Minnesota does take Hawes, it's possible Brewer falls to that spot.

Minnesota taking Hawes at 7 would also mean that there's a solid chance the Bulls trade their pick. It would increase the chances of Conley falling to 9 (see trade posted by GS at the top of the page), and even if he doesn't there's really no bigs to take at that spot so they could look to deal it.
Mentioned that about 30 seconds before you did, haha. The thing that makes me wonder is that a day before they said they were in love with Hawes, Brewer was the favorite for the #7 pick. So that makes me think that Boston really likes Corey at the #5 slot.

I don't think Conley gets passed the Bucks at #6 either.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I've heard that Atlanta likes Horford at 3
Well that would be interesting, that means Wright goes to Memphis then. I still see Wright at #3 right now though.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well that would be interesting, that means Wright goes to Memphis then. I still see Wright at #3 right now though.
What do the Hawks want with another athletic forward though?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
What do the Hawks want with another athletic forward though?
The way they're going as a franchise. For the style they want to run, Wright is a better fit than Horford. Smith, Johnson, and Williams are all very good open court players. Add in a guy like Crittenton and that team is going to run, run, run all over the place. I think Brandan would be a better fit for that team.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mentioned that about 30 seconds before you did, haha. The thing that makes me wonder is that a day before they said they were in love with Hawes, Brewer was the favorite for the #7 pick. So that makes me think that Boston really likes Corey at the #5 slot.

I don't think Conley gets passed the Bucks at #6 either.
Interesting, because in that scenario you have the top 4 picks being Oden, Durant, Horford, Wright in some order. Then you have Brewer to Boston at 5, Conley to Milwaukee at 6, Hawes to Minnesota at 7, and presumably Noah to Charlotte at 8. Does that leave Yi to the Bulls at 9??

Also, I wouldn't be too shocked if Brewer and Noah end up flipping spots, Noah 5 to Boston and Brewer 8 to Charlotte.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Interesting, because in that scenario you have the top 4 picks being Oden, Durant, Horford, Wright in some order. Then you have Brewer to Boston at 5, Conley to Milwaukee at 6, Hawes to Minnesota at 7, and presumably Noah to Charlotte at 8. Does that leave Yi to the Bulls at 9??

Also, I wouldn't be too shocked if Brewer and Noah end up flipping spots, Noah 5 to Boston and Brewer 8 to Charlotte.
Well the concerns about Yi's age have dropped his stock. I'd still take him at #9 though without a doubt. I'm just speculating. Rumors are rumors and that's all I've heard. But my lottery that I just made is how I see things shaping up as or RIGHT NOW That could change though in a few days when we find out more info.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The way they're going as a franchise. For the style they want to run, Wright is a better fit than Horford. Smith, Johnson, and Williams are all very good open court players. Add in a guy like Crittenton and that team is going to run, run, run all over the place. I think Brandan would be a better fit for that team.
Between Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and even Josh Childress, I don't see a lot of minutes available for Wright at PF. I think Horford is more likely because he could likely play center for the Hawks and he can run the floor very well.

A lineup featuring Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Al Horford all at once would be very effective I think. They can all get up and down the court and present serious mismatch problems.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote