Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Well the concerns about Yi's age have dropped his stock. I'd still take him at #9 though without a doubt. I'm just speculating. Rumors are rumors and that's all I've heard. But my lottery that I just made is how I see things shaping up as or RIGHT NOW That could change though in a few days when we find out more info.
I wouldn't have any problems with Yi at 9 regardless of his age either. I think we can afford to take a shot on a guy as talented as him at 9 developing. Now I have two questions, lets say Yi, Hawes, and all of the top 4 guys are gone when we pick at 9, as is Conley. What direction do we go in? You mentioned Julian Wright, where do you think he'd fit and get his play time? If not Julian, what other players (barring a trade) do we look at? Crittenton? Maybe reach for Smith?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way they're going as a franchise. For the style they want to run, Wright is a better fit than Horford. Smith, Johnson, and Williams are all very good open court players. Add in a guy like Crittenton and that team is going to run, run, run all over the place. I think Brandan would be a better fit for that team.
I can't agree Jsmoove is cemented at the 4 and maybe even 5 Horford could play the 5 not Wright, and Wright is too much of a project, Horford is ready to start.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I can't agree Jsmoove is cemented at the 4 and maybe even 5 Horford could play the 5 not Wright, and Wright is too much of a project, Horford is ready to start.
We'll see come draft day but don't be surprised to see them take Wright. Btw, what do you do with Shelden Williams now? Basically he's a wasted pick now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also when picking for Atlanta, you have to think like Atlanta. Passing on Williams and Paul for Marvin. Taking Shelden Williams over Roy and Foye. Which is why I think they go Wright. I think his upside really intrigues them.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also when picking for Atlanta, you have to think like Atlanta. Passing on Williams and Paul for Marvin. Taking Shelden Williams over Roy and Foye. Which is why I think they go Wright. I think his upside really intrigues them.
But you can't say Shelden's upside intrigued him over Foye, even front office said they made the pick cause they wanted a safe pick, that is the direction the front office is taking, and Horford is the safe pick. If we wanted potential we would have gone Saer Sene or Patrick O'Bryant. Also Shelden will be alright off the bench. He was actually more than decent last year and will be a good role player ala Antonio Davis.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
But you can't say Shelden's upside intrigued him over Foye, even front office said they made the pick cause they wanted a safe pick, that is the direction the front office is taking, and Horford is the safe pick. If we wanted potential we would have gone Saer Sene or Patrick O'Bryant. Also Shelden will be alright off the bench. He was actually more than decent last year and will be a good role player ala Antonio Davis.
True but look how that safe pick worked out. Basically they'd be drafting the same "type" of player 2 years in a row. Back to the basket, big body type guys. Which is why I think they go Brandan Wright, or Yi at #3. I don't think Atlanta is ready to give up on Shelden yet.

I'm thinking like the front office, you're thinking like a rational Hawks fan. Big difference there GS.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
True but look how that safe pick worked out. Basically they'd be drafting the same "type" of player 2 years in a row. Back to the basket, big body type guys. Which is why I think they go Brandan Wright, or Yi at #3. I don't think Atlanta is ready to give up on Shelden yet.

I'm thinking like the front office, you're thinking like a rational Hawks fan. Big difference there GS.
Thinking like Hawks I can easily see us going Wright, but Julian not Brandan, I think we need another athletic swingman, and maybe Nick Young at 11 lol, but true what you say although I don't find it possible to think like the Atlanta front office.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the trade Toronto made yesterday trading a couple of second rounders to Detroit for Carlos Delfino. Coangelo does it again! Damn, he's the man. Knows what he wants and goes for it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Love the trade Toronto made yesterday trading a couple of second rounders to Detroit for Carlos Delfino. Coangelo does it again! Damn, he's the man. Knows what he wants and goes for it.
Don't like Delfino.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Thinking like Hawks I can easily see us going Wright, but Julian not Brandan, I think we need another athletic swingman, and maybe Nick Young at 11 lol, but true what you say although I don't find it possible to think like the Atlanta front office.
Here we'll make a deal. If Atlanta takes anyone other than Wright, our sig bet deal is off. If they take Brandan the duration increases from one month to 3 months. That's a fair trade off.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Here we'll make a deal. If Atlanta takes anyone other than Wright, our sig bet deal is off. If they take Brandan the duration increases from one month to 3 months. That's a fair trade off.
Deal..........

Old 06-16-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Orlando Magic currently don't have a first-round pick in the June 28 draft – it was part of a trade with Detroit that brought Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo – but they continue exploring the possibility of trading for one.

They still have two second-round picks (44th and 54th), even after giving one away to the Miami Heat (39th ) to sign coach Stan Van Gundy.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

They've been saying they've had their eye on someone for the longest time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Orlando Magic currently don't have a first-round pick in the June 28 draft it was part of a trade with Detroit that brought Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo but they continue exploring the possibility of trading for one.

They still have two second-round picks (44th and 54th), even after giving one away to the Miami Heat (39th ) to sign coach Stan Van Gundy.

I read that. I don't think Otis Smith has the ability to or savvy to pull of a trade to get into the first round. If he does, he'll get ripped off. That's the kind of GM he is.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Orlando Magic currently don't have a first-round pick in the June 28 draft – it was part of a trade with Detroit that brought Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo – but they continue exploring the possibility of trading for one.

Any idea of who that someone could be, or are there no indications at this point? At least a position? Any area they're trying to trade into/potential partners? If they're looking for late first Charlotte is possible, I think they'd be open to trading their second first.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I read that. I don't think Otis Smith has the ability to or savvy to pull of a trade to get into the first round. If he does, he'll get ripped off. That's the kind of GM he is.
Well, we'll find out... I have the feeling this may be a very disappointing off-season... Did you hear that if we dont get one of the top tier FA's... Mikael Pietrus is looking like a real possibility.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Any idea of who that someone could be, or are there no indications at this point? At least a position? Any area they're trying to trade into/potential partners? If they're looking for late first Charlotte is possible, I think they'd be open to trading their second first.
Really havent heard anything other than, they've had their eye on one specific player for a very long time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Any News on the Blazers?
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're taking Oden. *Shock*

But they do have a crap load of 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be surprised if they found there way back into the 1st.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Really havent heard anything other than, they've had their eye on one specific player for a very long time.
That's really interesting. So we're probably looking at a college senior or junior, or an international guy like Belinelli or Splitter who's been out there for awhile I guess.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's really interesting. So we're probably looking at a college senior or junior, or an international guy like Belinelli or Splitter who's been out there for awhile I guess.
I imagine that player would be a guy to replace Grant Hill

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I imagine that player would be a guy to replace Grant Hill
It's gonna get interesting this off-season... I've even heard some rumors that Ariza may start at SG next year...

As for Hill...if we cant sign a big name FA...i wouldnt be shocked to see him return.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Question

Quote:
Wait what? What's this "we" talk? I thought you were a Bulls fan.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's gonna get interesting this off-season... I've even heard some rumors that Ariza may start at SG next year...

As for Hill...if we cant sign a big name FA...i wouldnt be shocked to see him return.
I think the prospect may be Marcus Williams. He was terrific as freshmen at Arizona but his game leveled off a bit this year. His stock has dropped due to it, but he has the ability to be a very good player.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Wait what? What's this "we" talk? I thought you were a Bulls fan.
I was using we as a very general term attempting (I guess unsuccessfully) to refer to anyone speculating about who they Magic were targeting. I am most definitely a Bulls fan (although I kind of like the C's because they're my dad's team). But the Bulls always have, and always will be, my favorite team.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better prospect:

Morris Almond vs. Arron Afflalo

Both projected around the late 1st to mid first. I've seen enough of Afflalo to have pretty good gauge on his game, but what about Almond?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote