Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Here's what that meant, ready?
he's easily a top 10 PG. nobody should argue that. By me calling him top 5, it's hardly a stretch, yet you're acting as if I called Courtney Lee a top 5 shooting guard.

What i did there was admit, yes I over-rate my own players. If you just said that, then fine, we're cool. BUT, you said it's a case of "Now that he's on my team now, he's amazing" which is clearly not the case. I've always had Harris as one of my favorite PG's and was ecstatic when we got him.

I love how you just ignored the other parts of Nash and can't think of other PG's. You're just a hater and brought up a stupid point of why or how I'm over-rating Harris.
I'm actually a huge Harris fan and like him quite a bit, I just don't think he's top 5, I just think it's funny that you have to have a temper tantrum nearly every post you make. So all in all I'm a hater and an idiot because I don't think he's top 5, at least we have that to go off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm going to be very pissed off if Carter ends up playing the 3 for us. What a god damn waste. If you listen to Chad Ford, this is probably the plan. And listening to Otis, you cant tell exactly what he wants to do here but, it seems like this may actually be the plan. I dont see how we're going to be any better than last year if this is what we plan on doing. Carter can play the 3, sure...but he shouldnt be starting there at all.

A lot of people seem to think...Redick would replace Lee as the starter, Carter would replace Hedo, and Pietrus would remain on the bench. This doesnt make us better, I'm sorry. Redick is terrible and while improved, a defensive liability w/ extended minutes and VC has no business playing the majority of the game at SF. This better not be what we plan on doing. I mean, seriously.

Redick seemed to gain more confidence in the Finals at times, but he's definately not a starter, and he gets beat too easily on defense...Really thought you guys should of kept Lee but I guess missing that tip in pissed ownership off lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm actually a huge Harris fan and like him quite a bit, I just don't think he's top 5, I just think it's funny that you have to have a temper tantrum nearly every post you make. So all in all I'm a hater and an idiot because I don't think he's top 5, at least we have that to go off of.

i already said I think that it's fine you don't have him top 5. just your reasoning I do because of the whole "he's on my team now so he's amazing" is false logic. you also never addressed why at all. you just beat around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm going to be very pissed off if Carter ends up playing the 3 for us. What a god damn waste. If you listen to Chad Ford, this is probably the plan. And listening to Otis, you cant tell exactly what he wants to do here but, it seems like this may actually be the plan. I dont see how we're going to be any better than last year if this is what we plan on doing. Carter can play the 3, sure...but he shouldnt be starting there at all.

A lot of people seem to think...Redick would replace Lee as the starter, Carter would replace Hedo, and Pietrus would remain on the bench. This doesnt make us better, I'm sorry. Redick is terrible and while improved, a defensive liability w/ extended minutes and VC has no business playing the majority of the game at SF. This better not be what we plan on doing. I mean, seriously.
I think VC can still play the 3. When we went with our small lineup he played with harris and dooling at the guards. He can easily play it for a stretch, but at his age, i'm not sure how much longer. defensively at the 3, he may be a bit of a liability as well. Guys like Lebron would outmuscle him all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
did somebody whoop your ass with the stupid stick?
It's a fever dream of a desperate fan, lay off.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could be another sign and trade in the wroks with three teams, Bulls, Jazz, & Blazers, the deal in place would send Boozer to Chicago, Hinrich to Portland, & Tyrus Thomas to Utah

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
could be another sign and trade in the wroks with three teams, Bulls, Jazz, & Blazers, the deal in place would send Boozer to Chicago, Hinrich to Portland, & Tyrus Thomas to Utah

How come in this deal the Bulls are giving up 2 players and getting 1, what is Portland giving up that they get Heinrich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How come in this deal the Bulls are giving up 2 players and getting 1, what is Portland giving up that they get Heinrich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
The deal is broken down into two things most likely.
Utah trades Boozer to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich.
Utah then trades Kirk Hinrich to Portland most likely for cash, although it never specifies. What utah really gets is an athletic wing and some cap space to sign Millsap, so Portland knows that, which is why they offered to take Hinrich since they need a PG. Its a win, win, win.
props to balla a few pages back.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That $9 Million trade exception for Orlando is a great asset. They only have it for one year though, right?

They should use it to go after Tyson Chandler.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post

Tyrus Thomas might be the most un-Utah player ever.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
That $9 Million trade exception for Orlando is a great asset. They only have it for one year though, right?

And... what? Move Dwight Howard to power forward? Because goodness knows, Chandler can't play there.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great trade for both Portland and Chicago. Chicago finally gets the post scoring they've needed for like 10 years and Portland gets an upgrade over Steve Blake who can play solid D and knock down 3's.

For Utah, meh I'm not big on Thomas but I guess they don't really need Boozer anymore and it frees up money for Millsap.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty, you still have to show me where recently it said D Lee was going somewhere, cause his deals have really gone dead. This situation has gone perfectly for Donnie Walsh, he could offer D Lee less then what he wants for $6-7 million a year, or D Lee could just take the one year tender and be a valuable trade chip during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

I want Detroit and N.O. to do a trade that sends Rip and Tayshaun to N.O. for Chandler and James Posey.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
And... what? Move Dwight Howard to power forward? Because goodness knows, Chandler can't play there.
whats wrong with that? D-ho actually started his career there.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
whats wrong with that? D-ho actually started his career there.
because one guy with NO post moves and pure athleticism is okay, two is a problem.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:19 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackJaxx View Post
because one guy with NO post moves and pure athleticism is okay, two is a problem.
Orlando just made it to the Finals without one..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Suns' chances to retain free-agent forward Grant Hill improved after a Suns contingent of Managing Partner Robert Sarver, General Manager Steve Kerr and coach Alvin Gentry traveled to Orlando to meet with him Wednesday night and Thursday morning, according to sources familiar with the talks.

Suns guard Steve Nash also helped Phoenix's recruiting cause, putting in a call to his co-captain and good friend, Hill, to lobby for his return to the Suns. Nash's move falls in line with sources saying that the Suns and Nash have made significant progress toward a contract extension for the point guard.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...9spt-suns.html

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight isnt playing PF ever again. He's fine where he is, especially with his current limitations. And Howard/Chandler would be a recipe for disaster anyway. They dont compliment eachother on offense at all. And Howard couldnt make a jump shot in a game to save his life at the moment. If they wanted a center...they just would have re-signed Gortat to play next to Howard...another bad idea.

I just wish I knew what Otis was thinking right now. Because he isnt saying much. We could realistically sign Bass and still stay w/ a "small" lineup...one w/ two starting small forwards. But if that means Carter at SF, that is a god awful idea. Pietrus starting...would kill our bench and he's foul prone. So yeah, I dont know what we're going to do. We could maybe sign Barnes who we're linked too and then start Pietrus at the 3. hmm. haha. There are a lot of directions Otis Smith can take this in. I just pray it's not a Nelson, Redick, Carter, Lewis, and Howard starting lineup. With the moves we made...I'd say the best thing we could do is sign, and start Bass. And I've never been a fan of going conventional. But without Hedo, the two SF idea doesnt look nearly as good as it once did, in mass minutes. You dont need to feel obligated to start Bass, 30+ minutes per game either...it's not like he's ever been a starter. So, you could still get Lewis plenty of minutes at the 4. With Pietrus checking in off the bench to play the 3. When you feel you need to stretch the floor more or if the matchups are better...go back to your uncoventional two forward lineup and run, run, run and let the threes rain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-10-2009 at 05:11 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have hope that the Suns will eventually pull the trigger on the Chandler deal, Amar'e plays better at PF and Chandler won't clog the lane like Shaq; plus he can defend the pick and roll.

I think they are trying to take care of everything in house 1st.

Last edited by fenikz : 07-10-2009 at 05:16 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Celtics are still in the running for Grant Hill even though they are offering far less money than the Suns and the Knicks. I really hope he goes to the celtics further cementing their status as the 1998 All Stars. All they need is to get back Starbury and go for AI
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not ready to give up on Tyrus yet. One more season, then see where he's at development wise. It's not like we're going anywhere in the East anyways; Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando will lock down the 1-3 seeds and we aren't getting past them. So why not another year for developing our young guys?

Tyrus is extremely frustrating to watch sometimes but he's also shown some things that get me very excited and it's reported that he's been working his ass off again this offseason.

I understand wanting to free up cap room for 2010 but how about we wait for a bit and see what our young players do this year before we make any moves. Boozer would be a one year rental anyway and is injury prone. I don't think it's a bad trade but I prefer to wait on Tyrus for one more season to see what he does, then we can make a move if need be.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrus is actually one of my favorite young players. I think if he eventually figures things out, he is just going to explode. I liked what I saw towards the end of last year when he would get on good midrange streaks. If he can figure out his midrange shot consistently, he can be an extremely dangerous player.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it doesn't help that he is our best defender and Vinny would take him out for the last 5-7 minutes of close games. If they just let him play, hopefully he will improve.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrus was not our best defender, that honor goes to Kirk, Salmons, or Noah. Tyrus has the potential to be a great defender but he's way too aggressive right now and really doesn't understand defensive positioning yet.

Year 2 of Rose and Thomas makes me salivate and I don't want to trade Tyrus away only to see him bud into a star in a couple years because he has that kind of potential and his work ethic is starting to get a lot better.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Quote:
Hill is weighing offers from the Knicks, the Phoenix Suns and the Boston Celtics, with entirely different incentives to consider each of them.

No one will predict the outcome with any confidence, but there is a growing consensus that Hill is leaning hard toward the Knicks.

“It’s looking more like he will be a Knick,” said a Suns official, who hastened to add that Phoenix was not ready to concede the race.

There is cautious optimism at Madison Square Garden. But the Knicks have already been spurned by one veteran star, Jason Kidd, and they know that Hill has a better chance to win in Phoenix and Boston.

Yet a variety of factors seem to be pushing the 36-year-old Hill toward New York. The Knicks have offered Hill the most money — at least $5 million in a one-year deal, or if he prefers, $10 million over three years, according to officials in New York and Phoenix. Those parameters were first reported by The Arizona Republic. (The Knicks could easily push their one-year offer to $5.85 million, the full midlevel exception.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/sp...r=1&ref=sports

Also, a really interesting quote from Jason Kidd regarding LeBron James
Quote:
Asked if James will stay in Cleveland, Kidd said, "I would say yes right now. He'll stay in Cleveland."

But Kidd added, "The Garden would be a great match, the Garden and LeBron, the excitement he would bring, like being in Chicago for Michael [Jordan]."

Kidd sounded incredulous when asked if he thought Nets minority owner Jay-Z could sway James to Kidd's former club. "LeBron? To play in Jersey?" Kidd said, his voice rising. Kidd added he didn't know if the Nets would make it to Brooklyn.
via the NY post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote