Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4336149

heats offer a 35 mil contract for odom
This brings me mixed feelings. I'm really happy that he's not a Laker... but not sure how I feel about him coming into the division. I'm not afraid of the Heat though and was never a huge fan of Odom... he just really seemed to find a good role and fit in LA. I guess since I'm more afraid of LA repeating that I'd want Odom to go to Miami.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This brings me mixed feelings. I'm really happy that he's not a Laker... but not sure how I feel about him coming into the division. I'm not afraid of the Heat though and was never a huge fan of Odom... he just really seemed to find a good role and fit in LA. I guess since I'm more afraid of LA repeating that I'd want Odom to go to Miami.
Is Miami under the cap? Or is this their 5 year MLE? Would love to sign and trade but if either of those are true he probably just walks, which would be lame.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Is Miami under the cap? Or is this their 5 year MLE? Would love to sign and trade but if either of those are true he probably just walks, which would be lame.
It's the MLE, around 6 years 33 mil. I think he definitely ends up walking from the Lakers and signing with the Heat. One factor is because of California income tax Lamar would save over 3 million in tax money alone over the length of his contract if he were to go to Miami. Personally though for Miami I don't understand the fit. It's obviously a big bargain but if you land Boozer too that means you push Beasley to the 3, and we all know he sucks when he's on the perimeter. Either that or Odom comes off the bench unhappy and you still have an undersized center in Boozer. More questions than answers IMO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It's the MLE, around 6 years 33 mil. I think he definitely ends up walking from the Lakers and signing with the Heat. One factor is because of California income tax Lamar would save over 3 million in tax money alone over the length of his contract if he were to go to Miami. Personally though for Miami I don't understand the fit. It's obviously a big bargain but if you land Boozer too that means you push Beasley to the 3, and we all know he sucks when he's on the perimeter. Either that or Odom comes off the bench unhappy and you still have an undersized center in Boozer. More questions than answers IMO.
So Lamar is going to turn down 4/36 to take 6/33 and leave LA, where even as recently as Monday he was talking about how much he loved? I just don't see it happening, even with the tax difference. They would probably try to play him at the 3 (aka the experiment that culminated in Kobe demanding a trade :D) or else, with Boozer's trade imminent, he is right back to coming off the bench. Doesn't make much sense for him to accept it, but it also doesn't make much sense to eat a bunch of candy before a game and LO makes it work.

JO is still around to play the 5, right?

MLE makes me bitter though, definitely would have been okay with prying away Beasley, who I think is a future big timer, for our sixth man. Ultimately though I think LO stays.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic are going to sign C.J. Watson to an offer sheet. I like it, hopefully, the Warriors dont match. It wont be for much.

This would put an end to all this wing player talk...because we'd be broke. Not a prototypical PG at all but, I'm a fan. He'd fit in well. Nice spark off the bench.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-17-2009 at 07:28 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Magic are going to sign C.J. Watson to an offer sheet. I like it, hopefully, the Warriors dont match. It wont be for much.

This would put an end to all this wing player talk...because we'd be broke. Not a prototypical PG at all but, I'm a fan. He'd fit in well. Nice spark off the bench.
CJ Watson? YES! I hope you're right.

Watson give us size at the PG position, and more importantly some defense. He scores like his hair is on fire, but jacks up 3s that he can't cash in. He's going to have to hone down his trigger until he develops more consistency, but at least we know he'll hit his Free Throws *cough* Anthony Johnson you suck *cough cough*

Warriors probably match though. With what we have left to spend, he's a bargain.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._join_celtics/
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watson was one of the guys I put on my Ideal 2009 Depth Chart. Glad we're pursuing him. He gives us the PG/SG combo guard on the bench that I've been stumping for all offseason.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Damn I hate the Celtics but they are going to be so stacked next year especially if they retain Big Baby. That's a steal for that kind of money for Daniels. Daniels can score at any time no matter how many minutes he gets, he can play a little point and is a solid rebounder and defender.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you guys seen Watson play or are you just looking at his stats? He's really not that good.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Jim Hill says that Lamar called Dr. Buss to smooth things over. Not bad news.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OKC is going to be a scary team. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, and Jeff Green is one impressive group of talent.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Have you guys seen Watson play or are you just looking at his stats? He's really not that good.
He's young. He can score. He hits his Free Throws. He gives us more size at the PG position. He plays better D than Jameer. He's better than Anthony Johnson. He's cheap. What more can a fellah want? haha.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'd go after Earl Watson who was just cut. He's a very solid PG, capable of starting if there is an injury. He'll come cheap and has experience and NBA production as a pure point.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but then again D wants Matt Barnes for the Magic as well so who knows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Watson isnt that bad at all. He can score in bunches and is a hell of a lot better than AJ or Lue. Quick hands, active on defense, good three point shooter, high percentage jump shot...he's a nice fit for us. Sure, he's pretty one dimensional but, the guy is very active on both ends. I'd expect him to get better on a team that actually calls for him to play defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but then again D wants Matt Barnes for the Magic as well so who knows.
Barnes off the bench is not a bad option when you have JJ Redick at SG or need a 3rd string SF. Especially at the price tag he's going for.

The reason why he gets a bad wrap here is because you guys are criticizing him as a starter. He started 40 games for Phoenix last year. No wonder fenikz can't stand him. That's not his role.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
CJ Watson isnt that bad at all. He can score in bunches and is a hell of a lot better than AJ or Lue. Quick hands, active on defense, good three point shooter, high percentage jump shot...he's a nice fit for us. Sure, he's pretty one dimensional but, the guy is very active on both ends. I'd expect him to get better on a team that actually calls for him to play defense.
I dunno if he's a good 3pt shooter, but yeah... he definitely has the balls to pull the trigger. Reminds me of a young Rafer Alston actually... He'll need to continue to work on his 3pt range and until then hone it down. I'd really like him in Orlando. I think he's one of the diamonds in the rough in this year's FA. Otis is continuing to impress me. I just hope that Golden State with their gluttony of guards don't decide to match. If they do, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Otis go for Earl Watson. He's tried to trade for him in the past.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really anxious to see the Kings' new season come. I want to see how Thompson and Hawes develop and see if Donte Greene and Tyreke Evans are able to cash in on their athletic ability. The Kings wouldn't be that deep (only Sergio Rodriguez and Francisco Garcia would be intriguing bench guys) but those 4 (with Kevin Martin) have a buttload of ability.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I dunno if he's a good 3pt shooter, but yeah... he definitely has the balls to pull the trigger. Reminds me of a young Rafer Alston actually... He'll need to continue to work on his 3pt range and until then hone it down. I'd really like him in Orlando. I think he's one of the diamonds in the rough in this year's FA. Otis is continuing to impress me. I just hope that Golden State with their gluttony of guards don't decide to match. If they do, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Otis go for Earl Watson. He's tried to trade for him in the past.
I've always seen him as a pretty good three point shooter. He's just never been real big on shooting them. I always said the same thing w/ Dooling...I dont know why he never wanted to shoot them. He's always had an excellent stroke. But yeah, I like Watson's offensive game for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
He's young. He can score. He hits his Free Throws. He gives us more size at the PG position. He plays better D than Jameer. He's better than Anthony Johnson. He's cheap. What more can a fellah want? haha.
the warriors will match pretty much anything for watson. he doesnt get a lot of pt but the warriors are in love with him. we are relying on him to play the 2nd/3rd pg role and nellie is said to covet him.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I am really anxious to see the Kings' new season come. I want to see how Thompson and Hawes develop and see if Donte Greene and Tyreke Evans are able to cash in on their athletic ability. The Kings wouldn't be that deep (only Sergio Rodriguez and Francisco Garcia would be intriguing bench guys) but those 4 (with Kevin Martin) have a buttload of ability.
If you can, go to the Kings website and check out the highlights of the summer league games Tyreke has been playing. Before the draft, i said he reminded me of Dwyane Wade, and i'll tell ya, he plays a whole lot like him. He slashes the rim at will, and draws fouls. He scored over 30 in his third game i believe, going to the line sixteen times. SIXTEEN TIMES. He made most of those too. He's a good FT shooter, relentless attacker, and is getting better as a passer. He still needs to cut down his turnovers, but he has been making very nice assists also.

This team is gonna be exciting to watch, no doubt, especially with another year for Hawes and Thompson to develop. Watch out for Jon Brockman as well, he has been getting some heavy minutes this summer.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who else has been rippin' it in summer league? Yes, DeMar Derozan. Heir Canada!

Every game it seems like he's putting up 20+ points with what looks to be a refined jump shot, and a more aggressive game defensively. He just oozes with athleticism on both ends of the court. You can't help but be reminded of the original Air Canada every time this kid is on the court.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
You know who else has been rippin' it in summer league? Yes, DeMar Derozan. Heir Canada!

Every game it seems like he's putting up 20+ points with what looks to be a refined jump shot, and a more aggressive game defensively. He just oozes with athleticism on both ends of the court. You can't help but be reminded of the original Air Canada every time this kid is on the court.
The Summer League: where Marco Belinelli was a superstar.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barnes off the bench is not a bad option when you have JJ Redick at SG or need a 3rd string SF. Especially at the price tag he's going for.

The reason why he gets a bad wrap here is because you guys are criticizing him as a starter. He started 40 games for Phoenix last year. No wonder fenikz can't stand him. That's not his role.
god dont remind me, dude is terrible

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote