Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I doubt Gortat remains a Magic after the trade deadline.
I agree but, that's still a couple a months where he is just playing 10 minutes per game. And his departure doesnt help Bass or Anderson much. Bass may see some minutes at center but that is it.

I just hope Otis doesnt go pissing off our own players because, they're stuck on the bench...because, we have too many guys deserving of PT.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't understand this statement. Brandon Jennings may be very turnover prone and out of control but he is probably one of the purest points in the draft. Tyreke is in a tough spot. As a PG he lacks lateral quickness defensively and isn't natural running sets, and you can't move him to the two because aside from already having Kevin Martin in place, Tyreke is horrific playing off ball as he can't shoot off screens. I don't get the argument though that Jennings isn't a pure point. Jason Williams was out of control but still a pure point. If Jennings could cut down on turnovers some and improve decision making and more consistency on his outside shot, he has potential to be an Allstar point guard. Very few players in the league have his end to end speed and quickness with the ball in his hands as well as vision and ability to make tough passes.
Don't fret man. I'm with you on everything you just said to a T. I like Evans as a player, but I've always thought of him closer to OJ Mayo than Derrick Rose. Evans is a combo guard. Jennings is a point guard.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evans no doubt will be a big time scorer in this league because he can get to the line whenever he wants. He also has big time potential with his length to be a good perimeter defender against 2's and 3's and also provide as a rebounder, but I don't think he will ever be an efficient PG to run a team, and he will never have good shooting percentages from the field.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Did anyone see ESPN's list of the top 10 rookies from the summer league? Names?
I didn't see it but here's nba.com's list

1. Blake Griffin
2. Jonny Flynn
3. Tyreke Evans
4. James Harden
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Ty Lawson
7. Dante Cunningham
8. Dejuan Blair
9. Austin Daye
10. Tyler Hansborough
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Jennings could cut down on turnovers some and improve decision making and more consistency on his outside shot, he has potential to be an Allstar point guard.
That's a lot of "ifs" for a pure point guard. My problem with Jennings is that he would rather make a highlight play than make the easy play. He does have All-Star potential but he is very, very raw at this stage and has a lot of maturing to do.

I really don't understand why Milwaukee took him with Skiles as their coach. I understand they wanted to cover for the possibility of losing Sessions but Scott really doesn't like to play young guys who aren't ready, and that will only hurt Jennings' development, unless the organization is committed to give him playing time to develop. Skiles had issues with Tyrus his rookie year, didn't want to play him because he wasn't ready. I forsee some run-ins between Skiles and Jennings if Brandon isn't willing to start listening. I've read multiple places that he doesn't take coaching very well, maybe chalk that up to immaturity but it's an area that he will need to fix.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I didn't see it but here's nba.com's list

1. Blake Griffin
2. Jonny Flynn
3. Tyreke Evans
4. James Harden
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Ty Lawson
7. Dante Cunningham
8. Dejuan Blair
9. Austin Daye
10. Tyler Hansborough
So awesome to see Dante on that list. I'd love to see him stick in the NBA, he sure works hard enough to continue improve and find a role on a team. Seems like the Blazers like him, they've said he's to get a contract.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Cunningham and Pendergraph should make the roster for the Blazers, especially with Patty Mills out of the running for a roster spot after breaking his leg. I think both of them will fight for extra minutes. Cunningham could find some decent playing time as his style offensively is very similar to the sets they run for Lamarcus Aldridge, Pendergraph though I think could carve more minutes because he's a better rebounder and defender, and much more efficient inside. Still though both should be contributors their rookie season as Pryzbilla is the only backup big in front of them, and that's assuming Oden doesn't get hurt or continues to stink it up.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7941504.story

Not sure if this was already posted, but the Magic signed SG/SF Matt Barnes.

Bam bam bigalo! Otis Smith is dealin'!

Our bench is starting to get real sick. What's funny is that Barnes is another prior GS Warrior... LOL. Otis keeps going back to his old stomping grounds. So let's see... Barnes, Pietrus, Foyle, got Hendrix in SL, and could be signing CJ Watson next... this is funny.

CJ next?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...fer-sheet.html
Pretty big deal. Barnes can cover three positions, and he is a pretty good producer. I hope he doesn't start, like MOTH thinks he will, but he'll be very solid off the bench.

I'm glad that they didn't overpay him--- I'm always hesitant about signing players well into their 30s, but Barnes' contract will end at 31 before he sees much (if any) drop off.

Now sign CJ Watson and we can officially call it an offseason after signing Hendrix to an offer sheet.

PG: Nelson/Watson/Johnson
SG: Carter/Pietrus/Redick
SF: Rashard/Barnes
PF: Bass/Anderson/Hendrix
C: Howard/Gortat

And Watson, Pietrus, Barnes and all of the PFs can cover at least two positions. Great depth.

Last edited by JT Jag : 07-21-2009 at 05:04 PM.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Pretty big deal. Barnes can cover three positions, and he is a pretty good producer. I hope he doesn't start, like MOTH thinks he will, but he'll be very solid off the bench.

I'm glad that they didn't overpay him--- I'm always hesitant about signing players well into their 30s, but Barnes' contract will end at 31 before he sees much (if any) drop off.

Now sign CJ Watson and we can officially call it an offseason after signing Hendrix to an offer sheet.

And Watson, Pietrus, Barnes and all of the PFs can cover at least two positions. Great depth.

I have always liked Barnes, don't know why he keeps bouncing around.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Tyreke >>>> Jennings.
These are my 2 favorite prospects this year easily, I'm still mad that Tyreke spurned Texas for Memphis :(

Either way they are two different types of players and hard to compare...Both seem like they get away from the team concept and start doing their own thing, but both are extremely talented players.

Both have to learn alot more about the game, but I think they can both be great players, just hard for me to compare them or say who is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I didnt say I think he will start, I said that is what almost everyone is saying. Hell if I know what they'll do. It seems like Lewis will remain as the starting PF, though. Atleast at the moment, could change before the season, i suppose. I have no idea on how they plan on getting our bench guys minutes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-21-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I didnt say I think he will start, I said that is what almost everyone is saying. Hell if I know what they'll do. It seems like Lewis will remain as the starting PF, though. I have no idea on how they plan on getting our bench guys minutes.
I think that we'll only start out with Lewis at PF so that we can gain momentum early in the season by doing something the team is used to. Every game counts when you're trying to be the #1 seed in the East.

As soon as we go on a little five-game winning streak, we'll start incorporating the new system, and I'm guessing from that point on Bass will be starting.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Meh...there are going to be some odd men out. The minutes just dont add up for the guys we have. It will be interesting to see what Stan decides to go with.

Flexibility wise, we're fantastic but, it could be tough keeping everyone happy w/ their playing time. They def. have the look and talent of a championship caliber team, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-21-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That's a lot of "ifs" for a pure point guard. My problem with Jennings is that he would rather make a highlight play than make the easy play. He does have All-Star potential but he is very, very raw at this stage and has a lot of maturing to do.

I really don't understand why Milwaukee took him with Skiles as their coach. I understand they wanted to cover for the possibility of losing Sessions but Scott really doesn't like to play young guys who aren't ready, and that will only hurt Jennings' development, unless the organization is committed to give him playing time to develop. Skiles had issues with Tyrus his rookie year, didn't want to play him because he wasn't ready. I forsee some run-ins between Skiles and Jennings if Brandon isn't willing to start listening. I've read multiple places that he doesn't take coaching very well, maybe chalk that up to immaturity but it's an area that he will need to fix.
I'd agree with your assesment of Jennings. His offense has actually suprised me a little bit so far. Granted its only summer league but its been nice to see.

We took him because we wanted someone who can run the pick and roll and run the fast breaks. He's going to get playing time this year, either splitting it with Ridnour or Sessions. Skiles has said that Jennings reminds him alot of himself back when he was playing. There's definetly going to be bumps around the way but the Bucks seem comitted to developing and playing their youth this year.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
These are my 2 favorite prospects this year easily, I'm still mad that Tyreke spurned Texas for Memphis :(
World Wide Wes had A LOT to do with that. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Either way they are two different types of players and hard to compare...Both seem like they get away from the team concept and start doing their own thing, but both are extremely talented players.

Both have to learn alot more about the game, but I think they can both be great players, just hard for me to compare them or say who is better.
Here's where i disagree slightly with you. While i concede that Evans isn't a "true" PG, he does a lot of the things a PG does fairly well, and at just 19 he has plenty of room for learning. On top of that, he gets to the line relentlessly, is so strong with the ball and is improving his jump shot every game. He's the kind of guy that can remain on the floor every minute of the game with his ability to play and guard multiple positions.

I honestly don't think Jennings has the brain and the maturity to guide himself in these early years through what he needs to do to become a good player in the league.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

My problem is that with Evans and Kevin Martin in your backcourt who defends the PG? Evans while long doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with so many PG's in this league, especially the smaller quicker one's. He may give them some trouble with his length contesting outside shots, but he will struggle mightily to fight off screens and keep his man from penetrating.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think you're underestimating the quickness of Evans. He's a big strong guy, but by no means is he slow, and i don't think he'll have a lot of trouble guarding PG's to be honest, the only time i'll really see him struggling are the days when the Chris Pauls and Tony Parkers' of the world are shooting lights out. If he gives his guy a little space, he has the quickness to guard anyone, and i doubt many PGs are gonna be trying to take him to the post.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I have always liked Barnes, don't know why he keeps bouncing around.
Because he's not good at basketball.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'd agree with your assesment of Jennings. His offense has actually suprised me a little bit so far. Granted its only summer league but its been nice to see.

We took him because we wanted someone who can run the pick and roll and run the fast breaks. He's going to get playing time this year, either splitting it with Ridnour or Sessions. Skiles has said that Jennings reminds him alot of himself back when he was playing. There's definetly going to be bumps around the way but the Bucks seem comitted to developing and playing their youth this year.
I'm just really, really surprised that Skiles put the approval stamp on a guy that has been known to have "character issues." He didn't put up with that in Chicago (especially with Tyrus).

If Jennings has his head on straight he has a chance to be a dynamic player in this league, but he needs a lot of work and patience will need to be a virtue for the Bucks.

It is an ideal situation for him in that the guard depth on Milwaukee isn't very strong and he should see significant playing time, or well he needs to see significant playing time. Only way he's going to develop is by trial and error on the court.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, I'd go Boston. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, and KG are better than Nelson, VC, Lewis, and Dwight. Throw in Perkins/Sheed is going to be much better than whoever Orlando starts at SF/PF.
I disagree. Who's to say the KG even returns to his old form? They are a team of grandpa's.

This is the year Boston will truly show their age down the stretch.

Magic/Cavs will be the class of the East. No doubt. With the Magic being better than Cleveland IMO.

were going back to the finals.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just really, really surprised that Skiles put the approval stamp on a guy that has been known to have "character issues." He didn't put up with that in Chicago (especially with Tyrus).

If Jennings has his head on straight he has a chance to be a dynamic player in this league, but he needs a lot of work and patience will need to be a virtue for the Bucks.

It is an ideal situation for him in that the guard depth on Milwaukee isn't very strong and he should see significant playing time, or well he needs to see significant playing time. Only way he's going to develop is by trial and error on the court.
If Sessions returns then Jennings playing time will be more limited. They're reportedly looking to trade Ridnour but if Sessions isn't here then I'd look for a 50/50 split between Jennings and Ridnour.

Skiles didn't have a problem playing Luc Richard Mbah a Moute last year either. Only he and Richard Jefferson played in all 82 games. As I said before it seems like the Bucks are comitted to developing the youth because thats how they're going to rebuild. So really Skiles is limited with his options because the team is so young.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because he's not good at basketball.
He's a SG/SF with a solid 3-point percentage who rebounds. Considering we won't ask too much from him, I don't see what the problem is.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Skiles didn't have a problem playing Luc Richard Mbah a Moute last year either. Only he and Richard Jefferson played in all 82 games. .
Mbah a Moute was a little more mature than Jennings. I would not be at all surprised if Jennings finds himself in Skiles' doghouse this year.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He's a SG/SF with a solid 3-point percentage who rebounds. Considering we won't ask too much from him, I don't see what the problem is.
Barnes is not a very efficient shooter and with the amount of guys on that team who deserve looks, his shot selection is going to have to be a lot better than past years. No doubt he can light it up but he's very streaky.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Barnes is not a very efficient shooter and with the amount of guys on that team who deserve looks, his shot selection is going to have to be a lot better than past years. No doubt he can light it up but he's very streaky.
At least he gives us a reserve guard-forward who can actually handle the ball. Unlike a certain perimeter-shooting Frenchman I know.