Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Felton isn't a pass-first PG. That's why he got ousted.

Seems like a horrible trade for the Bobcats, but we'll see.
Felton is a smooth PG. I don't base my judgements off stats. I don't even know how many assists he averaged. On the Bobcats, he was probably called on to score more than normal, because of how pathetic their offense was. He definitely understands how to play the game right and he gets a bad rap here.

Larry Brown is an idiot when it comes to assembling a team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Felton is a smooth PG. I don't base my judgements off stats. I don't even know how many assists he averaged. On the Bobcats, he was probably called on to score more than normal, because of how pathetic their offense was. He definitely understands how to play the game right and he gets a bad rap here.

Larry Brown is an idiot when it comes to assembling a team.
Well I'm just saying. Felton was one of my most favorite players coming out of college and I've watched him very closely. The stats would actually probably lead you to believing that he is pass-first, but he's always about looking for his shot. He mostly gets volume assists. He can help a team get to the playoffs, but he can't put a playoff team over the top. Not really a floor general at all, if that's what you're looking for.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Well I'm just saying. Felton was one of my most favorite players coming out of college and I've watched him very closely. The stats would actually probably lead you to believing that he is pass-first, but he's always about looking for his shot. He mostly gets volume assists. He can help a team get to the playoffs, but he can't put a playoff team over the top. Not really a floor general at all, if that's what you're looking for.
The guy lead his team to a National Championship. Not a floor general AT ALL?

He had Marvin Williams and Sean May... you can't tell me his team was stacked. LOL.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean May was a damn good college player, his NBA career doesn't change that. Felton played on a really good team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The guy lead his team to a National Championship. Not a floor general AT ALL?

He had Marvin Williams and Sean May... you can't tell me his team was stacked. LOL.
Well Williams did go 2nd overall so he had to be doing something right, May went in the teens too I believe

He certainly does have some leadership qualities, even though he is a shoot 1st guard
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure May was top ten. He was MVP of the tourney anyway, so I kind of feel like he led the team. I think Marvin was Freshman of The Year. And then there was McCants. And Noel and Garrard.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That really was a stacked UNC team. McCants, May and Marvin Williams were all 1st round picks, and guys like David Noel and Rashard Terry were great college players.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the trade saves Charlotte around $35 Million over the long haul.. So, I guess I can see a reason why they did it. Maybe they wanted a bigger guy for their Center spot. Still, kind of a strange trade..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks announced the signing of free-agent forward Tim Thomas on Tuesday. Terms were not disclosed
Mavs' Key Additions:
Shawn Marion
Drew Gooden
Tim Thomas
Rodrigue Beaubois
Quentin Ross

Solid. We've upgraded the roster and we have much better depth, but not sure if that's enough.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Etan Thomas pickup by the Thunder, adds some good depth up front. Starting to think that Ibaka won't be coming over this year, so it is good that they grabbed someone like Thomas. Traded two players that they never used (I think I saw Atkins like once last year) and picked up two 2nd rounders in addition. Awesome trade.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Well, the trade saves Charlotte around $35 Million over the long haul.. So, I guess I can see a reason why they did it. Maybe they wanted a bigger guy for their Center spot. Still, kind of a strange trade..
Also kind of strange that nobody else jumped in and offered the Bobcats something better. It's possible that they really liked Chandler, but it looks like more or less a straight salary dump. In that case I'm sure the Bobcats could have received a better offer talent wise that still saved them money from a team that isn't holding out hope for 2010.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephon Marbury has officially lost his mind.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
eating vaseline was what put you over the edge? really?
we all know he has lost his damn mind for years.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hornets are close to signing Ike Diogu
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4363982

So, we have essentially traded for a PF and are signing a PF. I think the writing is on the wall for David West. It does make me happy, though, to see that the front office is really addressing our most pressing needs at SG and SF.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Hornets trade David West at all? Okafor should play Center and Ike Diogu is a 10 minute per game player.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David West to Cleveland!

I wish.

I can't stand Verejao.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
David West to Cleveland!

I wish.

I can't stand Verejao.
You better learn to LOVE him.

Varejao's Contract
2009-10 - $6,300,000
2010-11 - $7,000,000
2011-12 - $7,700,000
2012-13 - $8,400,000
2013-14 - $9,100,000
2014-15 - $9,800,000
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think he lost it a long long time ago....

Still don't care about this man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He lost it the second he got that tattoo on his head.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You better learn to LOVE him.

Varejao's Contract
2009-10 - $6,300,000
2010-11 - $7,000,000
2011-12 - $7,700,000
2012-13 - $8,400,000
2013-14 - $9,100,000
2014-15 - $9,800,000
The last year won't matter. The contract is better than it sounds, but still.

I agree.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The last year won't matter. The contract is better than it sounds, but still.

I agree.

Can't wait to see Brandon Bass beat up on him.

2009-10 - $4,000,000
2010-11 - $4,000,000
2011-12 - $4,000,000
2012-13 - $4,000,000

Oh yes! That's a good contract.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...for_belinelli/

Quote:
The Golden State Warriors have traded guard Marco Belinelli to the Toronto Raptors, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

The Raptors will send Devean George to the Warriors in return.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

WTF!?!?!
Beli for that washed up benchie?
at least package him for something big. like that whole amare thing we had in place.
nellie, please retire, so we can win.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marco sucks, who cares.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Marco sucks, who cares.
phoenix reportedly coveted him, and they really wanted him in the trade, not curry level jonesing, but still.
i guess the amare thing was a pipe dream anyway.