Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we signed Bass, I was hoping Lewis would start at SF as well...but, he's probably sticking at the 4, for the majority. It's all a big question mark and well, a mess right now when it comes to who is playing where and for how long. haha.

Sure will be interesting to see what lineup we go w/ while Lewis is suspended.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis being suspended sucks, but this could be a blessing in disguise. We have a logjam at PF, and this will be a way to get Bass/Anderson/Gortat substantial time early on and figure out where to go from there.

When Lewis comes back, I'm guessing he'll come back as a SF.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uhhhhh yeahhhhh.. I dunno if this was already posted or not by whatever.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Magic will never go away from using Lewis at the 4. At every mismatch opportunity, I think he'll be the guy. I think that's always been the plan. I love how they added Bass. He's the perfect answer to what I've been posting around here long before this offseason. I felt that we always needed that guy who could come in and give us some muscle at the 4. A rotational guy, not some one who would take Lewis out of the picture at PF.

While Lewis is out, I think Jag is right. Bass/Anderson/Gortat will find added minutes to sort things out. But when Lewis comes back, it's back to the bench for those guys.

I expected us to lose Hedo in the offseason. I didn't fool myself to believe otherwise. I'm just glad we got something out of the trade afterall. I didn't believe we were going to. So that was a nice surprise and kudos to Otis for coming away with that exception.

Fact of the matter, Hedo used to be the rumor of trade years ago and I'm surprised he lasted this long as a Magic. I honestly believe he already had one shoe pushed out of the door once we signed Lewis. Then when we signed Pietrus, that kind of spelt it out about the future at the SF position and Hedo's grasp of it. But sometimes the play on the court just dictates unforeseen things (funny how that happens, huh? :)) and Hedo turned out to be a vital piece to our team. But the writing was on the wall.

The future without Hedo means more playing time for Pietrus, Barnes and Lewis at the 3. Occassionally Vince and Bass as well. ...and don't be surprised to see Anderson there too. What the starting line up says won't really mean much to this team, so to write it down, look at it and analyze it, is not really important, imo. Who plays what role and for how long won't matter. The team has incredible versatility and SVG will have his hands full pulling the right strings.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
uhhhhh yeahhhhh.. I dunno if this was already posted or not by whatever.

Someone help this man.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The writing wasnt exactly on the wall...considering we offered Hedo two separate contracts to come back. One before he hit the market and one at the end of his little journy. So that would be flawed logic.

Pietrus was signed to play and start at the 2 guard. He was supposed to be our answer to the Bryant's and Wade's of the world...because, we had a problem slowing all-star 2's. But things changed...he went down and Courtney stepped up. Hedo on the other hand was leaned on quite a bit and played his way into our future plans. It was he who wanted out of Orlando...Otis wanted him back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-06-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, thats what happens when you get a 20 million dollar pay check and not a damn thing to do during the day.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The writing wasnt exactly on the wall...considering we offered Hedo two separate contracts to come back. One before he hit the market and one at the end of his little journy. So that would be flawed logic.

Pietrus was signed to play and start at the 2 guard. He was supposed to be our answer to the Bryant's and Wade's of the world...because, we had a problem slowing all-star 2's. But things changed...he went down and Courtney stepped up. Hedo on the other hand was leaned on quite a bit and played his way into our future plans. It was he who wanted out of Orlando...Otis wanted him back.
The contracts we offered Hedo were pretty much insulting to him, but if you want to believe Otis wanted him back, I'm not going to stop you. He wanted him back sure, but there was a limit.

Be honest with yourself. Pietrus was signed because he played both spots. Hedo was still here, so of course he wasn't signed to start at the 3. That would've been dumb. But like I said, it started when we brought over Lewis who had played SF for the first 9 years of his career. It's been a long time since Hedo's name was legitimately all over the rumor mill, but I still remember it very clearly from the pre-Lewis days. Once Lewis found a niche at the 4 that's when the thought of adding Pietrus as a fall back plan to losing Hedo down the line came into play. Plus he brought more defense. The SG spot was destined to be Lee's (who was brought aboard before Pietrus). The 2 spot wasn't going to belong to Pietrus as he lived out his contract. Pietrus would just hold that spot warm until Lee was ready, then step in for Hedo (as a possible fallback plan). Lee just showed he was more ready to play than anticipated as a rookie. Pietrus was going to take over for Hedo and we discussed that at the time, just like we are now, so I know this is not a surprise result here.

Hedo was never gonna be here long term. You can never take Otis' words for gospel. He's as stone faced as they come. He jumped on VC so fast, you couldn't even say bye to Hedo out the door.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I feel like the contract offers to Hedo were simply for the fans benefit.

Otis knew the majority of the fans wanted Hedo back, but fighting with Portland and Toronto for his services would have been stupid.

I've always said that I'd rather drop Hedo and keep Gortat.

I also always said I wanted us to trade for Milsap (before he was big), Jason Maxielle, or Brandon Bass -- Basically a banger. And we signed Bass.

The we managed to get some good role players in Barnes and Anderson and the Orlando Sentinel reported the other day that we're still working on a sign and trade for C.J. Watson...

Im shocked that so many people on here are doubting the moves we made. This team is better equipped to win than it ever has been in the history of the franchise.

This offseason is similar to what I would have done in NBA live.

The only hard loss for me was Courtney Lee, but I understand you need to give up things of value sometimes.

Last edited by Burns336 : 08-06-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I feel like the contract offers to Hedo were simply for the fans benefit.
It pretty much was. There might've been some posturing too to give other teams a certain thought about it.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Doubtful. That last deal was nearly on par w/ the Portland/Toronto offers. His wife wasnt exactly that happy in Orlando and they were having problems with finding sitters and blah, blah, blah. Hedo's wife and family are the main reasons he's even in Toronto right now. A more diverse community w/ a large Turkish community. It was going to be real hard to bring Hedo back, regardless of the money.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It pretty much was. There might've been some posturing too to give other teams a certain thought about it.
Im glad he didn't come back. I know people think Hedo and Vince would have been great, but there simply aren't enough balls to go around.

Rashard would have cut way back, as to not step on anyone's toes instead of continuing to progress within the offense like he has.

Hedo would have gone to more chucking to ensure he got the shots he was going to lose to Vince.

Dwight is going to want to be a bigger part of the offense than he ever has before.

Jameer is going to be back....

It wouldn't be a good combo.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We still have a "problem" as it is, though. When it comes to the distribution of minutes. When Lewis comes back...minutes will be cut drastically. We just have too many guys who command minutes.

Not a bad problem, it just could be burdensome for those players that are getting the short end of the stick. Like Anderson, Gortat, Barnes, or Bass. They cant all get 20 minutes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We still have a "problem" as it is, though. When it comes to the distribution of minutes. When Lewis comes back...minutes will be cut drastically. We just have too many guys who command minutes.

Not a bad problem, it just could be burdensome for those players that are getting the short end of the stick. Like Anderson, Gortat, Barnes, or Bass. They cant all get 20 minutes.
Yes, but I'd rather have role players fighting for minutes instead of starters fighting for shots.

One is a good problem to have, and will actually benefit the team like you just said. The other is not, and could have really destroyed the chemistry.

Hedo and Vince are essentially exchanging their 20 ppg which is cool with me. I'm sure Rashard will step back a bit and let Vince take more of a lead role, but that's better than him disappearing to make sure both Hedo and Vince get shots.

Last edited by Burns336 : 08-06-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I didn't have honest hopes for a Championship last year. I just wanted progress. This year, I want it all!!! :D
Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Magic fans, you're saying losing one of your best players for the first 10 games is going to help you? Come on now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Come on Magic fans, you're saying losing one of your best players for the first 10 games is going to help you? Come on now.
I wasn't.

I was saying having guys fighting for minutes on our bench is a good problem to have... I didn't realize that Thule was talking about that, I thought we were still discussing Hedo's affect on the team.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I wasn't.

I was saying having guys fighting for minutes on our bench is a good problem to have... I didn't realize that Thule was talking about that, I thought we were still discussing Hedo's affect on the team.

I didn't say you specifically. According to some of your fans it's a "blessing in disguise," which is wishful thinking at best.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't seen this posted, so her you go:

LeBron James stating that he won't resign this offseason, intends to play out his deal and enter free agency next year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4383960

Basically confirming what everyone thought was going to happen. Now i just wonder will he want to take a max deal next year, or take max money, shorter contract so he can always keep his options open. Just come to the Knicks LeBron....the mystique and aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I didn't say you specifically. According to some of your fans it's a "blessing in disguise," which is wishful thinking at best.
Oh, no, the Magic will be a worse team during the first ten games without Lewis. Bank it.

But those ten games are valuable time that we can use to settle the lineup and figure out which bench players get how many minutes for the rest of the season. We'll be worse off for the first ten games, but sorting that out might pay dividends later in the season.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Durant has the most bars out of the group.
"get the hell out my garage unless you fixin my car"

PM me for sigs.

Last edited by StackJaxx : 08-08-2009 at 11:27 PM.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I like Mo the best, Rashard and KD are great too, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

No more Linas Kleiza in the NBA, he's going to Greece.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the commercial on TV I didn't even know who those guys were. When I saw K-Dur's part I thought Ryan Howard had gotten ridiculously skinny.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
No more Linas Kleiza in the NBA, he's going to Greece.
as is Von Wafer.
Olympiakos is gonna be stacked.

PM me for sigs.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote