Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So, why the Thunder then?
They're a pretty good young team with a young star (Durant) with a lot of talented players and have plenty of room on their band wagon.

Plus they are at least somewhat close to where Diab resides.

It's still bandwagoning though!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Bucks go on a 15-2 run to take the lead by one over the Spurs going into the break!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor mill has swept up Byron Scott and Chris Paul as future Lakers. You never know, the player option in a couple years could coincide nicely with the need for some fresh blood in purple and gold.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Rumor mill has swept up Byron Scott and Chris Paul as future Lakers. You never know, the player option in a couple years could coincide nicely with the need for some fresh blood in purple and gold.
Whoa whoa whoa! Chris Paul a laker!? can you tell me more!?

Im a big laker fan, and i would love to see that lol.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can already hear the comments from Hornets fans about how crappy Chris Paul is. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collinson >>>> Paul

omgz

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright CC, lets hold the restraint for CP3 going to the Lake squad. I'm pretty sure every NBA team would be in on those contract talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose just shat on Greg Oden. Holy ****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Alright CC, lets hold the restraint for CP3 going to the Lake squad. I'm pretty sure every NBA team would be in on those contract talks.
its fun to think about as a laker fan tho ;)
Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
its fun to think about as a laker fan tho ;)
Its also fun to think of LeBron as a Knick

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Its also fun to think of LeBron as a Knick

LOL
i could definitely see knicks fan getting excited about that....

i could see knicks fans getting excited over Lebron and D Wayde....but lets get real right? lol
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I can already hear the comments from Hornets fans about how crappy Chris Paul is. LOL.
The one problem I have with Paul is that he's not very effective off the ball. He can't screen because of his size and his movement can get better. He's definitely a guy who dominates the most with the ball in his hands.

This is one of the reasons why I really like Deron's game. He's a very effective player off the ball and this allows him to defer to his teammates to set up the offense.

I also believe because of his lack of movement, Paul's teammates tend to get out of rhythm a bit. There's no way in hell the Hornets are better off without him in the long run but I think that's why they are doing better. There's more ball movement on offense.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only saw bits and pieces of Chicago/Trailblazers but I actually really like the way this Chicago team is made up. Talent in the front and backcourt. I think they really are setup to be a solid foundation for any of the 2010 free agents. Chicago could benefit the most from summer of 2010.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's true but not everybody is setup with goodies for a sign and trade if the Hornets realize they can't keep him and send him where he wants to go.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Chris Paul says he wants to keep playing for Byron Scott now. Just like Shaq said he only wanted to play for Phil Jackson ~5 years ago. The thing that changed, money. CP3 will not be stupid enough to go for a minimum contract on the Lakers (or even a sign and trade if they can manage it) in 3 years.

Though it is fun to wonder, just like the ridiculous rumors of LeBron willing to take the minimum to join the Lakers or all the big FA's taking less than max to fit on one team.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Only saw bits and pieces of Chicago/Trailblazers but I actually really like the way this Chicago team is made up. Talent in the front and backcourt. I think they really are setup to be a solid foundation for any of the 2010 free agents. Chicago could benefit the most from summer of 2010.
I see losing Gordon as a lateral move. We will miss his scoring, but he was still a mediocre defender at best and our team defense has improved since he left. I like our ball movement much more this year and once we get Derrick going we'll have a solid team.

If we can add a Bosh/Wade/Joe Johnson type player in 2010 we will be a formidable team with what we already have. It will also take pressure off Derrick to be our main playmaker.

We need to add something in 2010 though.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i saw from the bulls game was luol deng getting the ball thrown at his face.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really boring to cheer for the Magic this year. Wins are now expected. No longer thrilling to see if they can win. That's a big missing factor for a fan. I hate it. Winning is boring and overrated. I'd rather cheer for a team that's fighting for something... rather than playing this waiting game that is the NBA regular season. Can we start the playoffs yet???
Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree D. Last year's team was so much more fun to watch. And the run they made was rather unexpected, making it all the more thrilling. We were always the under dog. I also liked that team better...they kind of just seem like a bunch of indivisuals out there now, imo. They did everything by the book but, it kind of reminds me of a baseball team that can spend anything they want on trying to buy a championship. I dont know, I love to see growth as a team...and our Magic team grew a lot but, they blew up that team this off season. I'm weird like that, I guess.

Seriously, I'm going to be pissed when Jerry starts going on a major spending spree if the NFL goes uncapped as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I agree D. Last year's team was so much more fun to watch. And the run they made was rather unexpected, making it all the more thrilling. We were always the under dog. I also liked that team better...they kind of just seem like a bunch of indivisuals out there now, imo. They did everything by the book but, it kind of reminds me of a baseball team that can spend anything they want on trying to buy a championship. I dont know, I love to see growth as a team...and our Magic team grew a lot but, they blew up that team this off season. I'm weird like that, I guess.

Seriously, I'm going to be pissed when Jerry starts going on a major spending spree if the NFL goes uncapped as well.
Wasn't the Heart & Hustle team a fun one to cheer for? haha.

I think this team is still feeling each other out, but when they do get on the same page, it will be a thing of beauty because I foresee some big blowouts. Right now there is a lot of... If I do this, then you do that... Or... This is where I like to get a pass... A lot of feeling out...

As for Jerry... I don't expect a spending spree... The cap will return sooner rather than later and he won't want to get trapped then. If anything, contracts will remain the same over time, but instead of being back loaded, it will be front loaded.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL going uncapped and staying uncapped, is my worst nightmare.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, this isn't the Cowboy team board, get back on topic.

This is <The Official Orlando Magic Discussion thread>, get with the game.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Which Hornets fans would say that?

This is pure speculation but the reason we drafted Darren Collison might have been so we could trade CP3 away in order to get under the cap.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Which Hornets fans would say that?

This is pure speculation but the reason we drafted Darren Collison might have been so we could trade CP3 away in order to get under the cap.
I would like to refer back to my insane Chris Paul to New Orleans trade scenario, which involves New Orleans dumping both Posey and Peja's contracts.

Plus NO would get Gortat, who has a very good value contract. Would allow them to deal Okafor for picks and young project players, as they were allegedly attempting to do a couple weeks ago.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I would like to refer back to my insane Chris Paul to New Orleans trade scenario, which involves New Orleans dumping both Posey and Peja's contracts.

Plus NO would get Gortat, who has a very good value contract. Would allow them to deal Okafor for picks and young project players, as they were allegedly attempting to do a couple weeks ago.
You do not trade one of the best young players in the game(and best PG) to dump ******* contracts and get a marginal starting Center. Holy ****. Stop bringing up that stupid ******* scenario. It is not happening
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote