Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you love America, you'd vote for this one:

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn greg oden injured out for the rest of the season again? this guy has bad luck or is made of glass!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Hate it. Harrington is a very good offensive player but he's one-dimensional and lazy. I don't see how that trades makes us any better. Tyrus was actually playing well before his injury and I look forward to getting him back.

Sam Smith, one of the Bulls' beat writers said that the rumor is bunk though. I think we're going to get rid of Tyrus but I hope we get something back in return.

Tyrus
Deng
1st Rounder

for

Bosh
Amir Johnson

I really, really want Bosh. He and Noah would beast the boards for us.
I'd love to land Bosh one way or another. He's probably second on my 2010 list for the Bulls. LeBron would obviously be incredible, so there's no reason to explain there.

Dwayne Wade I would obviously take in a heartbeat if neither of the other two would come to Chicago, but I just don't like the fit of him and Rose in the backcourt. For a team that doesn't shoot the ball well, adding another slasher isn't the best fit IMO even.

Bosh is a great complement to Noah inside as you said and his FT numbers are going up. Guys getting to the stripe consistently is a key for solid offense IMO and he's been able to get there a good amount this year. Factor in PF being a huge need, and if you can pull a shooter at SG into play somehow the starting lineup is looking pretty good.

Deep shooting is now a serious weakness as well, which for a team that doesn't have a low post game is awful. The offense is basically limited to taking long twos. If you add a legit scorer in the frontcourt like Bosh, a shooter outside relatively cheap (even via draft), Rose starts getting to the stripe more (he's shown improvement there recently, if he starts seeking out contact he'll shoot up big time in scoring and get far more consistent) and continues improving his jumper, and Deng stays solid then this year's terribly awful offense is looking a lot better. And if you don't add a PF like Bosh, there are a lot of options this year's draft. I could dig a Patrick Patterson, think he would be a really solid fit and in a strong draft this year he could fall around where the Bulls pick.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4717884

Damn, that's horrible. Feel sorry for the guy.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what happens when you get too greedy. Everyone knew KD was gonna come in and be a dominant offensive player in the league, but noooo, i want it all and i wanna take the big guy that everyone knows is injury prone but i'm hoping it changes here.

Sucks for Oden, he's a cool guy and a decent player, but man was that an epic **** up.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I remeber a few years back there were analysts and fans who said they would be looking forward to the Oden vs. Bynum rivalry that would occur in the future. I don't think they meant the rivalry of who would get injured more often and severely. Greg Oden just got injured tonight, and he's likely done for the season. Thoughts?
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blazers should trade him for whatever they can get. I'm sure there's some team willing to bank on him being healthy in his career at some point. They did pretty much the same thing with Sam Bowie. He ended up having a few solid seasons with the Nets after that.

Teams have seen what he's capable of when he's healthy, which would probably average out to somewhere around 10 points/8 Rebounds/2 Blocks per game. If there's a team with a projected late first rounder and can afford to be patient with him, I don't see why they wouldn't trade for Oden. Blazers would take it because they buy every late first rounder anyways.

Last edited by WMD : 12-06-2009 at 12:08 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a freak injury, not something that happens to a guy who is supposedly injury prone. And I thought Oden over Durant was the right pick at the time, so I don't blame KP.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That was a freak injury, not something that happens to a guy who is supposedly injury prone. And I thought Oden over Durant was the right pick at the time, so I don't blame KP.
I liked the Oden pick over Durant.. but I also thought Orlando made a mistake picking Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor. Oh, and I loved the Darko pick.

Last edited by WMD : 12-06-2009 at 12:29 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Oden's game, I agreed with the pick as well. I didnt have doubts about either making it, though. Durant's frame/strength was the only glaring thing there and it hasnt been a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I liked the Oden pick over Durant.. but I also thought Orlando made a mistake picking Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor. Oh, and I loved the Darko pick.
haha.

I was pacing around the room and praying we'd take Howard. Oh happy day! And then we got Nelson in that draft as well...an amazing night.

I loved Darko on the Magic, for what it's worth.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've always hyped up Darko but I was never the biggest fan of the pick. As for Howard/Okafor, I kinda preferred Okafor but I wasn't absolute on it.

Also, the Oden injury is really sad because he's a really likable guy and he doesn't deserve this to keep happening to him. I really hope he can recover from this like Z did from his foot injuries.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Anyone remember when Darko likened himself to Garnett, when experts were trying to come up with a comparison?

sad face.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Anyone remember when Darko likened himself to Garnett, when experts were trying to come up with a comparison?

sad face.
This is the same guy who flipped out at a ref after a game in international play and in Serbain threatened to **** both his wife and his daughter, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The next Kevin Garnett is... AUSTIN DAYE. 5/5 tonight vs the Wiz!

Hall of Famer!! Bank on it!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The next Kevin Garnett is... AUSTIN DAYE. 5/5 tonight vs the Wiz!

Hall of Famer!! Bank on it!
He's not better than the Swedish Sex Machine.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's not better than the Swedish Sex Machine.
Jonas Jerebko is the man. If we would've kept Budinger, we'd have a nice batch of rookies. I wish DaJuan Summers would play more.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the best weeks in Knicks basketball in recent memory. 3 wins and 1 loss! Break em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Wow, how the hell does Courtney Lee go from scoring a career high 27 to a 5 shot game? ugh. Shoot all you want Courtney, you're on the Nets. Go nuts.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
One of the best weeks in Knicks basketball in recent memory. 3 wins and 1 loss! Break em up!
Knicks and Giants win on the same day, good times.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Suns are back to being just above average. Their start was really weird.

I don't see a team in the West getting in the way of the Lakers, unless Denver gets really hot at the right time. MAYBE San Antonio.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Donaghy's 60 Minutes interview. Call me gullible, but i believe every word the guy says.

Part 1:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...sSidebarArea.0

Part 2:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ntBody;housing
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do the Knicks keep winning?

Who do they think they are?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was hoping Iverson would have taken like 25 shots today.

Oh and Harden had a monster game today. He's had a couple of really nice games this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I got goosebumps watching Iverson's pregame introduction. That was awesome.