Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
it wasnt only hedo on lebron, it was the fact they had two 6'10" agile forwards that create matchup problems. lebron could only guard one of them. i acknowledged dwight was another big problem for them. but lebron having to guard either hedo or rashard opened the other one to abuse whomever was covering them. now that they dont have hedo, lebron can guard lewis, and eliminate that matchup advantage the magic had.

if it wasnt realistic for the magic to have hedo and VC, then they would have definitely been better off with lee and hedo in my opinion. you may think differently, and thats fine.

if they trade gortat for something useful, then i can see why they made that signing, but if they dont and willfully paid a backup center 35 million dollars, that is pretty god damn dumb.
Here's the thing... You think that Hedo's height makes him a better scorer/harder match up than Vince and that's not true. Vince is the more natural scorer. He's the "go to" guy we've lacked. Besides, we could stick the 6'10" Ryan Anderson out there if that's your arguing point. Anderson has been much more rewarding than Lee, offensively. The Cavs are a tough match up any way you want to put it. But if Lebron covers Lewis, I don't know how you think the Magic are any easier to stop. The Magic have too many options and a lot of versatility with their line up. They need to learn how to gel. That's their biggest thing right now. Hedo was there for many years before things started to work like they did last year.

I do agree with you that if they don't trade Gortat, then they are severely overpaying a back up Center, part time PF. But the only way I'd call it dumb is if they are losing a profit, because essentially you're saying it's too much to pay for him. From my point of view, this is really the first time I've seen the Magic open their wallet up this big. So to me, I'm happy that they have shown us fans that they are willing to go this far. Dumb, you say? Far from it, I say.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brook Lopez invited to the Olympic team roster thingy. God, his sexy mongoloid voice is going to dominate the Olympics. (if he makes the roster...which he should!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Here's the thing... You think that Hedo's height makes him a better scorer/harder match up than Vince and that's not true. Vince is the more natural scorer. He's the "go to" guy we've lacked. Besides, we could stick the 6'10" Ryan Anderson out there if that's your arguing point. Anderson has been much more rewarding than Lee, offensively. The Cavs are a tough match up any way you want to put it. But if Lebron covers Lewis, I don't know how you think the Magic are any easier to stop. The Magic have too many options and a lot of versatility with their line up. They need to learn how to gel. That's their biggest thing right now. Hedo was there for many years before things started to work like they did last year.

I do agree with you that if they don't trade Gortat, then they are severely overpaying a back up Center, part time PF. But the only way I'd call it dumb is if they are losing a profit, because essentially you're saying it's too much to pay for him. From my point of view, this is really the first time I've seen the Magic open their wallet up this big. So to me, I'm happy that they have shown us fans that they are willing to go this far. Dumb, you say? Far from it, I say.
i never said hedo was a better player because of his height. hedo is just a wierd player in the fact that he is quick and still large so he can post up smaller fowards and go around the power forwards they put on him. the cavs had no one besides lebron who can guard someone who is such a tweener, simply because lebron is a million times better than everyone. with vince, the magic are more traditional and and less unique, hence easier to matchup against. lots and lots of teams have players that can guard vince carter, but how many have two guys who can guard 6'10" small forwards? very very few. that was my point and thats why they are easier to matchup against now. in my opinion, that makes them worse because basketball is ALL about matchups.

and about gortat, if they dont trade him then it was ******** to sign him. you say it isnt dumb to spend that much on a backup center because they are showing the fan base they are willing to spend. that is horrible logic. throwing 35 million at a backup center isnt showing the fan base you are willing to spend to make the team better, it is just dumb. opening up your wallet on a difference maker is showing your fan base you care. isiah spent big money on guys, he showed his fans he cared about winning, but that doesnt mean it is smart. unless they are using gortat as a trading chip, then signing a backup center for 35 million dollars is 100% stupid.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fropez will beat out Bropez for the Olympic spot

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Fropez will beat out Bropez for the Olympic spot
Fropez and Bropez will both make the team and proceed to annihilate anyone who dares to enter the paint.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i never said hedo was a better player because of his height. hedo is just a wierd player in the fact that he is quick and still large so he can post up smaller fowards and go around the power forwards they put on him. the cavs had no one besides lebron who can guard someone who is such a tweener, simply because lebron is a million times better than everyone. with vince, the magic are more traditional and and less unique, hence easier to matchup against. lots and lots of teams have players that can guard vince carter, but how many have two guys who can guard 6'10" small forwards? very very few. that was my point and thats why they are easier to matchup against now. in my opinion, that makes them worse because basketball is ALL about matchups.

and about gortat, if they dont trade him then it was ******** to sign him. you say it isnt dumb to spend that much on a backup center because they are showing the fan base they are willing to spend. that is horrible logic. throwing 35 million at a backup center isnt showing the fan base you are willing to spend to make the team better, it is just dumb. opening up your wallet on a difference maker is showing your fan base you care. isiah spent big money on guys, he showed his fans he cared about winning, but that doesnt mean it is smart. unless they are using gortat as a trading chip, then signing a backup center for 35 million dollars is 100% stupid.
Well, Gortat is more than just a back up center as there are times when both he and Howard are on the floor at the same time. It gives us a big frontcourt which we have been able to use to our advantage. It wasn't a bad idea to bring Gortat back. I'll never say that. The quality of backup Centers in the league is piss poor. You can criticize the signing all you want, but there is a safety net for us to fall back on. The only issue...the ONLY issue is cost. ...and with the management's willingness to open up their wallets to ensure that the Magic remain contenders, it has been a rewarding thing for me as a fan to witness. You gotta applaud that kind of support. It was far from a frivolous spenditure considering how far we got last year.

Now if we were a lottery team and resigned Gortat for that kind of money, then I'd be wondering if that's the best use of money. That'd be a cap filling move... not a cap pushing move. If that makes sense... A cap filling move would mean that management only intends on spending x amount and the new contract would fill up important dollar space. A cap pushing move means that this signing is being done because management has seen the rewards of success and is willing to go a little further beyond budget if it means sustaining similar success. An unsuccessful team, wouldn't have given Gortat that contract. It would've been dumb in that sense. But in the Magic's case, I don't think you can call it dumb unless the Magic were spending more than they were earning. The move was made because they are "going for it" and the window is "now".

As for Hedo over Vince... I'll tell you what... We do know that the Magic were better than the Cavs last year with that line up of Hedo in it. But we also know for a fact that that team wasn't even competitive in the Finals. Magic lost to the Lakers 4-1. With the top teams making the moves they did, status quo would've failed once more. I know you're not gonna tell me that keeping Hedo would've made us favorites to win it all this year. ...and that is our only goal right now. Getting back to the Finals is not good enough anymore.

While I admit the risk is there to fail, the potential to succeed is also greater. So I don't think adding Vince Carter, Ryan Anderson, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Jason Williams and resigning Gortat were dumb ass moves, like you do.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I think will be the men's us basketball team:

Guarantees:
1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Dwight Howard
5) Carmelo Anthony
6) Chris Bosh
7) Amare Stoudemire
8) Chris Paul
9) Kevin Durant
10) Carlos Boozer: Coach K is the coach if you didn't forget. He also is a very solid rebounder and has the gold medal experience.
That leaves 2 more open spots and I'd rank them like this:

-Chauncey Billups: Extensive U.S. experience I have a hard time finding them leaving him out
-Derrick Rose: Future star of the NBA hard to leave him off even with so many guards because of his athleticism. USA plays small anyways
-Lamar Odom: Has the US experience and it will be hard to leave a vet like him off the roster.
-Gerald Wallace: The best defender in the NBA. Could guard all 5 positions against most teams internationally.
-Brook Lopez: One of the few legit big men in the NBA although with his lack of experience and being on such a small market NBA team him making it over any of the names above him seems unlikely at best.
-Danny Granger
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-Kendrick Perkins
-Al Jefferson
-Andre Iguodala
-O.J. Mayo

Being a Hawks homer of course I still think it's dumb how Joe Johnson and Josh Smith aren't even on the 27 man roster when someone like Kevin Love and Eric Gordon are considering Joe has been on an olympic team and Josh has been on the select team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Gortat is more than just a back up center as there are times when both he and Howard are on the floor at the same time. It gives us a big frontcourt which we have been able to use to our advantage. It wasn't a bad idea to bring Gortat back. I'll never say that. The quality of backup Centers in the league is piss poor. You can criticize the signing all you want, but there is a safety net for us to fall back on. The only issue...the ONLY issue is cost. ...and with the management's willingness to open up their wallets to ensure that the Magic remain contenders, it has been a rewarding thing for me as a fan to witness. You gotta applaud that kind of support. It was far from a frivolous spenditure considering how far we got last year.

Now if we were a lottery team and resigned Gortat for that kind of money, then I'd be wondering if that's the best use of money. That'd be a cap filling move... not a cap pushing move. If that makes sense... A cap filling move would mean that management only intends on spending x amount and the new contract would fill up important dollar space. A cap pushing move means that this signing is being done because management has seen the rewards of success and is willing to go a little further beyond budget if it means sustaining similar success. An unsuccessful team, wouldn't have given Gortat that contract. It would've been dumb in that sense. But in the Magic's case, I don't think you can call it dumb unless the Magic were spending more than they were earning. The move was made because they are "going for it" and the window is "now".

As for Hedo over Vince... I'll tell you what... We do know that the Magic were better than the Cavs last year with that line up of Hedo in it. But we also know for a fact that that team wasn't even competitive in the Finals. Magic lost to the Lakers 4-1. With the top teams making the moves they did, status quo would've failed once more. I know you're not gonna tell me that keeping Hedo would've made us favorites to win it all this year. ...and that is our only goal right now. Getting back to the Finals is not good enough anymore.

While I admit the risk is there to fail, the potential to succeed is also greater. So I don't think adding Vince Carter, Ryan Anderson, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Jason Williams and resigning Gortat were dumb ass moves, like you do.
well that is where we differ. i think the magic had a better chance with last years team than this years team. they beat th cavs because they had a matchup advantage but didnt have that advantage over the lakers. this year, they wont even get past the cavs. if they package gortat with something else and add a good piece, lets say a point guard not named jameer nelson, then this conversation will completely change. you obviously know more about the magic than i, but i think the magic would have had a better chance this year with hedo on their team rather than vince, and you dont agree. thats fine. i have to leave now so im rushing the rest of this post and i had something else to say but i will finish this later.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are literally only like 15 people at the Bucks/Nets game tonight. The stands are so empty.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
well that is where we differ. i think the magic had a better chance with last years team than this years team. they beat th cavs because they had a matchup advantage but didnt have that advantage over the lakers. this year, they wont even get past the cavs. if they package gortat with something else and add a good piece, lets say a point guard not named jameer nelson, then this conversation will completely change. you obviously know more about the magic than i, but i think the magic would have had a better chance this year with hedo on their team rather than vince, and you dont agree. thats fine. i have to leave now so im rushing the rest of this post and i had something else to say but i will finish this later.
Beating the Cavs isn't THE goal. It's A goal. THE goal is beating the Lakers... and the Magic weren't gonna beat the Lakers by staying status quo. You can't argue that.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
I agree, playoffs as they were in the beginning of season have zero chance of happening. Let Toney Douglas prove himself since he his the only “PG” on this roster on contract for next season, and we did buy a pick late in the 1st round for him.

And I agree about Jordan Hill, he has shown flashes, he just needs consistent playing time. I am a big fan of D’Antoni but he is really starting to frustrate me with his rotation and playing Duhon so much and JHill and TD so little. One thing to consider is that we basically all knew when we signed D’Antoni and Donnie Walsh was that the next two seasons would basically about saving money and that we shouldn’t get our hopes up for making the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
I hope that after the trading period and being so far out, that D'Antoni will strictly focus on player development. Cut Duhon for the love of god, peddle Jeffries for someone (Boston anybody?) and just let the team go and do what you need to do for free agency 2010. That's the reason Walsh and D'Antoni were brought in, not to make the playoffs with this trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Beating the Cavs isn't THE goal. It's A goal. THE goal is beating the Lakers... and the Magic weren't gonna beat the Lakers by staying status quo. You can't argue that.
I agree with that. You may have a better shot against the Lakers now (maybe, I'm not sold though), but I also think you have much less of a shot at even getting to the Lakers.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Celtics ******* suck. I knews the window was about 2 years. If healthy, they are 4th best team in the East. But they are never healthy *******.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke Evans <3

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portland beating up Phoenix with a starting lineup of Andre Miller/Steve Blake/Martell Webster/Aldridge/Juwan Howard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard still plays? wow
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer Hawes with 11 boards in 26 minutes. I like it.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren Collison is a beast.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pistons didn't have Jerebko, we'd have around 10 wins right now. He is the master of the universe.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number of terrible teams in the NBA is starting to worry me, if we end up getting something like the 6th pick in the draft and miss out on Wall, Turner, and Johnson I'm going to hurt someone.

START WINNING PEOPLE!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that the Kings need a top 5 pick and need to get Derrick Favors. Or maybe a little lower and Demarcus Cousins. But I like Favors more.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
All I know is that the Kings need a top 5 pick and need to get Derrick Favors. Or maybe a little lower and Demarcus Cousins. But I like Favors more.
I took Cousins at 9 in the NBA Mock :p

But what do you do if we land someone like Favors? Bench Thompson? We need a legit C, and a true PG that can play all game. What are you hearing about what the Kings wanna do during the off-season? I've been reading that they're looking into trading Martin, and it hurts, knowing that he developed into the stud that he is through his time here, but he does make a good chunk of change and isn't 100% most years.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

But what do you do if we land someone like Favors? Bench Thompson? We need a legit C, and a true PG that can play all game. What are you hearing about what the Kings wanna do during the off-season? I've been reading that they're looking into trading Martin, and it hurts, knowing that he developed into the stud that he is through his time here, but he does make a good chunk of change and isn't 100% most years.
#1 thing that needs to happen if a trade of Martin occurs--Udrih needs to be included as well. Nocioni may be an okay alternative, but Udrih's contract is far more crippling than Nocioni's. After this season, he will have only 2 years left on the deal and the salaries get progressively smaller. By the trade deadline next season, Noci will actually have an okay contract. While Udrih would still be an albatross.

With that said, I still dislike the idea of trading Martin. I have to disagree with your assessment of Evans as an off-ball guard. He makes the plays when he is handling the ball. A guy like Martin is actually the best type of guard because of his efficiency--not requiring a lot of shots to get to 20 points. So far this year, Martin has not been the player he was the past few years--his 3pt% and FG% are the lowest it has ever been since his rookie year. And there is something that can be said for player chemistry--the game is played out on the floor--not the stat sheets, so perhaps Martin and Evans simply cannot coexist even if I feel their games should be perfect matches in theory. (I'm not rambling, I am merely conceding that I could be wrong; i.e. giving credence to the other viewpoint) I think if the Kings end up trading Martin, they will still have to go back out their and find a similar player (efficient scorer with good range on his jump shot).

With all that said, I have a hard time thinking that the Kings are hurting because of their backcourt when they give up SO many points in the paint. Martin and Evans aren't the ones with the swiss cheese D at the rim. That's Thompson, Hawes and co. If the Kings were to draft Favors, I would see what he can do at the 4 with Thompson at the 5. If Thompson doesn't work at the 5, then the Kings are still missing a center, but they are likely to have a far better PF. I certainly don't think Aldrich will be much of an impact player in the NBA so he's out of the question IMO even though he is more of a 5.

My personal opinion is that patience must be stressed with regards to the backcourt. Let's address the even bigger needs (like a couple bigs) and see what happens when we have even an NBA caliber defense down low.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah. His potential intrigues me, but his rawness scares me. I could see him ending up a non-factor just as easily as he could become a top 10 C.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couple of questions:
Why did Kris Humphries have more field goal attempts than Bropez?
Why is Yi so awful? LIKE TERRIBLE!
Why is Kiki trying to be an NBA coach, he's terrible
Why did T-Will see onlyy 13 minutes? CDR with 4? I get he's still semi hurt, but sit him totally or play him more if he's good to play.

Oh, and Devin Harris is still teh sex

****, just read CDR is fully healthy but Kiki's not playing him. So we're giving guys like Yi and Hayes 35 minutes but CDR, one of the only good young players sees 4? I LOVE Hayes, but you gotta rotate in some of the future. Just god awful management by Kiki. sobad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 02-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote