Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Fck are you kidding me, Josh Howard is out for the year with a torn ACL. Can anyone be unluckier than the Wizards. And this is after we have gone 3-1 since we traded Jamison. I guess Blatche and Thornton are going to continue to put up monster stats. The only good that comes out of this is maybe he resigns with us for half the contract he would have received. I'd still imagine that he'll sign with a contender, but no way he gets that 10+ mil a year contract he was looking for now after his rough injury history and character issues. He'll probably get something in line with the contract Marvin Williams signed last season. It could be the Wizards are the only team who offer him over the MLE although a team who misses out on one of the big names who has cap space might throw a big contract at him.

One thing is I am happy James Singleton will play more. What a hard worker. He's a SF who is holding down our Center position.
It would help if Singleton had an actual offensive skill, but alas, being a great defender is something he'll have to settle for being.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Part of me is happy because his minutes will goto Thornton, Singleton, and Young, but the other part of me wanted to see how long the new look wiz would continue shocking teams.

I think theres a good chance he re-signs here, I'm not sure how many other teams are willing to hand over a starting spot to him.

We are rumored to be interested in D-League standout and former Cleveland Cavalier Dwayne Jones.
I thought Jones would be a big time defensive stopper and rebounder coming out of St. Joes, but I haven't followed his career at all, obviously it has panned out as he has planned. If we do get him at least he brings interior toughness albeit zero offensive ability.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I thought Jones would be a big time defensive stopper and rebounder coming out of St. Joes, but I haven't followed his career at all, obviously it has panned out as he has planned. If we do get him at least he brings interior toughness albeit zero offensive ability.
He's averaging 17 ppg 15 rpg in the D Leauge atm

The other name I've seen rumored is Alade Aminu, who is younger, and probably has more potential than Jones. I liked what little I saw of him when he played for us in the Summer League.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
He's averaging 17 ppg 15 rpg in the D Leauge atm

The other name I've seen rumored is Alade Aminu, who is younger, and probably has more potential than Jones. I liked what little I saw of him when he played for us in the Summer League.
Just call up the entire d-league, if you manage to find 1 contributor out of it, will be entirely worth it.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe is back in the lineup tonight!
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
George Lippard
Rookie

George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that the Cavs have the stretch 4 integrated, things are going to get difficult for other teams I think.

The way they are playing is like art right now.
George Lippard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lippard View Post
Now that the Cavs have the stretch 4 integrated, things are going to get difficult for other teams I think.

The way they are playing is like art right now.
Yep, right after losing three straight and they're beating up on a crappy New Orleans team. Perfect to make a judgment based on that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Hornets may have possibly pulled one of the best drafts. Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton have looked great and were tremendous value.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
I think the Hornets may have possibly pulled one of the best drafts. Darren Collison and Marcus Thornton have looked great and were tremendous value.
God damn, Thornton is having himself a game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

For not really doing anything well, Anthony Parker sure as hell plays a lot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
George Lippard
Rookie

George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yep, right after losing three straight and they're beating up on a crappy New Orleans team. Perfect to make a judgment based on that.
I was going to put that disclaimer in my post.

and they're losing at half-time. Niiice.

Parker is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen. Kobe made him his *****.

Last edited by George Lippard : 02-23-2010 at 08:19 PM.
George Lippard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
For not really doing anything well, Anthony Parker sure as hell plays a lot.
He used to be, and probably still is, one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. That's all he can really do, besides hit the occasional mid-range jumper.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
He used to be, and probably still is, one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. That's all he can really do, besides hit the occasional mid-range jumper.
Parker was soooooooo overrated on the Raps. He ******* sucked. Sure he would always cover the other teams best perimeter player...but he would always fail miserabely and we would get torched.

He can knock down that corner 3 though
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Not really. He's not exactly Thabo Sefolosha on the wing and he struggles with quicker guys, which is pretty much everyone. Cavs should have just acquired Thabo last year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Thabo.

Anyway, Thornton's got 37 now.

I'm watching the Nets, though. They're actually having a decent 3rd quarter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Collinson but he's overrated right now. He's a legit scorer but he's trying too hard to be Chris Paul, which he is clearly not. He's pretty much a turn over machine since he's been put into the starting lineup.

If he could cut down the turnovers, even just a little, he would be having a crazy season for the time he's been a starter.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

C Leeeeeeeee having a good one. yay. Nets looking pretty decent for a change, still losing.

He's made 8 of his last 9. All jump shots.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-23-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Hill playing some PG with Nash out, we really need some depth behind Dragic

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sergio Rodriguez, does he ease the pain of passing on Brandon Jennings? Tonight he is.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Devin Harris kind of pisses me off when I watch the Nets. His shot selection can really be horrible. Granted, his cast isnt great but, he's always trying to do way too much.

Then you have Lopez who always leaves his man on defense (still love his offense, love him in general) and CDR/Yi who shoot every time they touch the ball. This isnt a "team" at all. They actually look best when they set screens for Lee but, Lee isnt consistent enough to be counted on as go to scorer.

These guys just have zero team chemistry and just dont play well together. Their record kind of reflects that, I guess. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Of all games to watch for a Magic fan, you watch the 5-50 Nets LOL
Old 02-23-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I love Collinson but he's overrated right now. He's a legit scorer but he's trying too hard to be Chris Paul, which he is clearly not. He's pretty much a turn over machine since he's been put into the starting lineup.

If he could cut down the turnovers, even just a little, he would be having a crazy season for the time he's been a starter.
20.8 ppg
8.9 apg
4.4 rpg
2 spg
.833 free throw avg.
.345 3pt average
.49 fg perecntage

how is that by any stretch of the imagination overrated?

playing like a top 5 point guard since he took over, turnovers or not.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe returns, Odom becomes invisible. Shocker!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Of all games to watch for a Magic fan, you watch the 5-50 Nets LOL
It's my Courtney Lee love. And this ****** team makes me feel better about all those bad Magic teams in the past. :)

Hey C Lee just hit a pointless half court shot at the buzzer. Tied a career high 28 points....in another Nets loss.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
20.8 ppg
8.9 apg
4.4 rpg
2 spg
.833 free throw avg.
.345 3pt average
.49 fg perecntage

how is that by any stretch of the imagination overrated?

playing like a top 5 point guard since he took over, turnovers or not.
Well...you cant omit the turnovers. I love Collison and I'm sure those will cut down eventually. But what a freaking alarming number. He turns it over at a record pace. He has 31 turnovers in the last 5 games. It's his only real flaw, though. So hopefully, he'll fix it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS