Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris Humphries is a lot younger than I thought he was, he's been around forever it seems. Anyway, he was the player of the game in the Nets shocker against the Celts. ha. Hopefully Lee's ankle isnt too bad. Guy always gets hurt when he starts making some serious progress.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NETS WIN NETS WIN NETS WIN!
beating the celtics! WOO!
With Lee-Harris-Lopez on, we aren't too bad. Mainly with CLee and Harris, because then teams won't triple team Bropez! YAY! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty is right, Yi sucks. I'd compare him to a more expensive Mbah a Moute who takes more shots.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Scotty is right, Yi sucks. I'd compare him to a more expensive Mbah a Moute who takes more shots.
Except Mbah a Moute plays defense, and has a couple post moves. Yi is garbage.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If only the NBA was full of teams composed of chairs!!!!!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
If only the NBA was full of teams composed of chairs!!!!!
No more Bill Simmons jokes iowa.

Quote:
Except the part where he is absolutely nothing like Mbah a Moute.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember when I caught **** for hating on Yi sooo much?
yea, the hate is deserved.
even if I didn't catch any ****, I like feeling better about how right I was about how AWFUL he is.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the NBA would get rid of the zone again. Nothing like seeing guys making millions just sitting there on defense.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No more Bill Simmons jokes iowa.

Except the part where he is absolutely nothing like Mbah a Moute.
i actually dont watch either play, i was more attributing the comparison to their decent rebounding and their subpar offense.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
i actually dont watch either play, i was more attributing the comparison to their decent rebounding and their subpar offense.
Yi's rebounding is decent? mehh you're giving him way too much credit.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jennings with a poor shooting day? I AM SHOCKED.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol you should just get a I Hate Brandon Jennings sig.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dont worry, they have JOHN SALMONS now. :D Jennings sucking or not, that team is rolling.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok that's it....

YOU'RE ON NOTICE!!

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 02-27-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont worry, they have JOHN SALMONS now. :D Jennings sucking or not, that team is rolling.
Jennings isn't sucking at all. Yes his shooting has been poor but we all knew that coming into the draft. He's still been in the top 5/top 10 in assists, blocks, steals, and rebounds among point guards.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Jennings isn't sucking at all. Yes his shooting has been poor but we all knew that coming into the draft. He's still been in the top 5/top 10 in assists, blocks, steals, and rebounds among point guards.
He could be pretty great, if he would be more selective and less of ball hog. The shot obviously needs work as well. He's not turning it over at a bad clip but, he's forcing a lot of empty possessions. Statistically, he's the worst shooter in the league for the minutes he gets...and he has to be top 15 in shots taken. That's not a great mixture.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He could be pretty great, if he would be more selective and less of ball hog. The shot obviously needs work as well. He's not turning it over at a bad clip but, he's forcing a lot of empty possessions. Statistically, he's the worst shooter in the league for the minutes he gets...and he has to be top 15 in shots taken. That's not a great mixture.
Ball hog? I'm guessing you really haven't seen him play much then. Early in the season he took alot of shots when Redd got injured and Bogut struggled a bit getting back into form from his back injury. The last 2 months though he's been really focused on creating shots for his teammates.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ball hog? I'm guessing you really haven't seen him play much then. Early in the season he took alot of shots when Redd got injured and Bogut struggled a bit getting back into form from his back injury. The last 2 months though he's been really focused on creating shots for his teammates.
Yes, ball hog. Unless he's playing like 20 minutes or starts off the game ice cold...the guy shoots all the time. He's down about 4-5 shots per game this month, which is a good start. But it doesnt help that he's still only shooting 35% in those games. He's a bad shooter, he shouldnt be shooting as much as he is, he's hurting his team. Luckily, the rest of the guys have been picking up the slack. I wouldnt complain that much if I were you either because, you're winning but, this will start to hurt the team eventually. His percentages are laughably bad and yet, he keeps firing away.

And as for the last two months...last month, he still shot around his average, this month it has been down but, he's still shooting it at a horrible clip.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-27-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He isn't in the top 5 in any of those categories... ???

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Among point guards, he's 5th in steals, 7th in rebounds, and 9th in assists. Even I'm getting tired of this argument and my boner for Brandon Jennings rages harder than any ones I'm pretty sure. My thing is that the numbers don't tell the whole story, I'm pretty sure if you watched him more you'd like him more. Maybe not, but I think so.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by senormysterioso : 02-27-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
i guess you didnt read the whole thing? top 5/top 10....and he was 5th in steals 7th in rebounds and 9th in assists....sounds like hes got it right....

....wierd

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 02-27-2010 at 10:09 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Among point guards, he's 5th in steals, 7th in rebounds, and 9th in assists. Even I'm getting tired of this argument and my boner for Brandon Jennings rages harder than any ones I'm pretty sure. My thing is that the numbers don't tell the whole story, I'm pretty sure if you watched him more you'd like him more. Maybe not, but I think so.
I've watched him quite a bit and I think he's vastly overrated. Plus most people were forced fed how great Brandon Jennings was the first couple months and how many teams screwed up by not drafting him, so I don't think it's that surprising people are being harsh on him when he's proven to be a terrible shooter thus far and is above average/good at other skills.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, ball hog. Unless he's playing like 20 minutes or starts off the game ice cold...the guy shoots all the time. He's down about 4-5 shots per game this month, which is a good start. But it doesnt help that he's still only shooting 35% in those games. He's a bad shooter, he shouldnt be shooting as much as he is, he's hurting his team. Luckily, the rest of the guys have been picking up the slack. I wouldnt complain that much if I were you either because, you're winning but, this will start to hurt the team eventually. His percentages are laughably bad and yet, he keeps firing away.

And as for the last two months...last month, he still shot around his average, this month it has been down but, he's still shooting it at a horrible clip.
Just what I thought, you haven't seen him play much. And why do people keep talking about his shooting percentage? We all knew coming into the draft he was a poor shooter. Talk about beating a dead horse. He's a big reason why we've been winning.

Quote:
Maybe you need some glasss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I've watched him quite a bit and I think he's vastly overrated. Plus most people were forced fed how great Brandon Jennings was the first couple months and how many teams screwed up by not drafting him, so I don't think it's that surprising people are being harsh on him when he's proven to be a terrible shooter thus far and is above average/good at other skills.
He got the credit when the credit was due early on in the season but he's been playing as advertised the past 2-3 months. I could care less about people hating on him because he's helping us win and improving other areas of his game. ROY? Hell no, but I've been damn happy with him so far. If he can improve his shooting over the offseason he's going to be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm not even going to get into this argument, but I just want to say the "You probably never watch him play" argument is the worst and most annoying argument you can possibly make.
Because the Bucks are on primetime TV and Sportscenter all the time...

Last edited by cvv84 : 02-27-2010 at 11:39 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even going to get into this argument, but I just want to say the "You probably never watch him play" argument is the worst and most annoying argument you can possibly make.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Just what I thought, you haven't seen him play much. And why do people keep talking about his shooting percentage? We all knew coming into the draft he was a poor shooter. Talk about beating a dead horse. He's a big reason why we've been winning.
Yes I havent seen him play and yet I post frequently about Bucks games and my Salmons and Ersan love. :/

I know a lot about the Bucks, if you recall, I was telling you all I know about Ersan before this season.

I've seen plenty of games, and I used to be a bit of Wildcats fan, so I'm very familiar with Jennings.

And it's not beating a dead horse...right now, he is the worst shooter in the league. You cant just brush that off, because he is leading to many empty possessions, which are just as bad as turnovers.

I actually like a lot of the other things Jennings brings to the table but, he is not someone I would want on my team. He goes into AI mode every now and then (less lately), but unlike classic AI, he cannot shoot at all. It's just frustrating to see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-28-2010 at 12:04 AM.