Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Because the Bucks are on primetime TV and Sportscenter all the time...
It's called NBA League Pass. How do you think I watch Magic games?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, who watches Bucks games outside Milwaukee? While he has a poor shooting percentage, I still think heís a good player. He makes things happen on offense. He is like a skinnier, flashier version Stephon Marbury in my opinion.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's called NBA League Pass. How do you think I watch Magic games?
They actually make it on ESPN and TNT.

Also, I am not denying that hes a great player, but wasn’t Derrick Rose supposed to be more of a distributing PG or am I wrong?

Last edited by Kramer : 02-27-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
They actually make it on ESPN and TNT.

Also, I am not denying that hes a great player, but wasnít Derrick Rose supposed to be more of a distributing PG or am I wrong?
Look at Rose's supporting cast.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Thats what I was expecting, but I still wanted to hear opinions.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Rose has been more scoring than dishing.

However, Brodeur is right. If you watch Bulls games, you would see how many more assists Rose would have if he had anyone on his team that could score. He sets up his teammates well, they just can't score. Then, he pretty much takes over all the scoring since no one else is doing any of it.

Anyone that watches Rose would note that it's not him choosing to shoot rather than pass that is costing him assists.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people thought Rose would be more of a 20 point, 7 assist guy more so than a 20-10 guy.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amar'e had the sickest dunk then J-Rich blows a fast break wide open dunk to tie the game

**** you jrich

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was brutal

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think a lot of people thought Rose would be more of a 20 point, 7 assist guy more so than a 20-10 guy.
Rose could easily be a 20/10 guy if he's given a very good scorer. Luol Deng is alright but he hasn't been as good as he once was.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Rose could easily be a 20/10 guy if he's given a very good scorer. Luol Deng is alright but he hasn't been as good as he once was.
Most of Rose's would-be assists come from him driving and kicking.

If he had anyone that could shoot a consistent jumper/3, he would have a ton more assists.

Deng is extremely inconsistent as a jump shooter, and Hinrich is a streaky 3 point shooter who is better at shooting off the dribble. That's about all he has.

He also doesn't have a big man where he can just lob balls near the basket for them to just throw in, like Nash with Amare or Paul when he had Chandler.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Bogut is really good.

edit: John Salmons is really good too.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 02-28-2010 at 07:08 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Yi Jianlian really just for 20 and 19? HA. They still lost to the Wizards, though. Blatche is a monster, he had a career 36 points and 15 boards and Thornton had 20. I was pretty busy so I couldnt watch it, probably wouldnt have watched anyway because, no Lee for the Nets. But that Blatche is something else, guys. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blatche has been on a tear since being in the starting line up and most of their pieces have been traded off. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up his play.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Amar'e had the sickest dunk then J-Rich blows a fast break wide open dunk to tie the game

**** you jrich
I saw the replay, as Sir Charles Barkley would say, that was terrible.

Where is scottyboy to critique Yi’s 20 point, 19 rebound game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Andrew Bogut is really good.

edit: John Salmons is really good too.
The Hawks are really good.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my critique of Yi?
Did anyone see him try and stop Blatche? yea. Cool he finally put up a game with points and tripled his season total in rebounds, but forgot you're not supposed to let Blatch **** on your chest whenever you play decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even as the biggest Darren Collison dick sucker when he was coming out of UCLA i honestly didnt think he would be this good. He probably realized that he's faster than everyone else so he can just do whatever the hell he wants.

Right now he has 6 assists... in the first quarter...against the spurs o.O

(i only point out that it is against the spurs because their style of play always seems to slow the pace of the game down, contrary to getting a bunch of assists against a run and gun team)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
even as the biggest Darren Collison dick sucker when he was coming out of UCLA i honestly didnt think he would be this good. He probably realized that he's faster than everyone else so he can just do whatever the hell he wants.

Right now he has 6 assists... in the first quarter...against the spurs o.O

(i only point out that it is against the spurs because their style of play always seems to slow the pace of the game down, contrary to getting a bunch of assists against a run and gun team)
I'm trying to figure out why teams are giving him that much time and space to shoot with his slow release. I think he will slow down.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Magic cannot miss today, 7 players in double figures. 65% from three on 23 attempts. Just one of those games. Great game for Nelson and Carter/Lewis are actually moving the ball better back in forth. Lewis looks like his normal self the last two games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

21 points for Bill Walker, pretty sure thats a career high since you never heard his name when he was in Boston. Kids got talent.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
21 points for Bill Walker, pretty sure thats a career high since you never heard his name when he was in Boston. Kids got talent.
We lost by 31 who cares how many point Bill Walker scores the odds are he wont even be here after this year.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Its not like that wasnít expected, I could care less since its obvious the Cavs are the superior team, and Bill Walker has 2 years left on his contract after this year at a VERY cheap price. Heís a valuable asset considering how well hes played so far and how cheap he is.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is he valuable asset cause he scored 20 points and had a few nice dunks does not make you valuable. The Knicks are going to want all the money they can have available to throw at you know who and his friends so Bill Walker's contract is likely not going to get picked up.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Valuable because hes a young guy, with a very cheap contract which doesnít expire. He has been our most consistent newcomer, and if it wasnít for his injuries in college, he would have been drafted much higher. DíAntoni likes the guy a lot, and he seems to be fitting into the system well. Looks to be a good rotational player.

But enough with the Knicks talk, whats up with all this Lebron to the Lakers talk Iím reading about on ESPN?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Valuable because hes a young guy, with a very cheap contract which doesnít expire. He has been our most consistent newcomer, and if it wasnít for his injuries in college, he would have been drafted much higher. DíAntoni likes the guy a lot, and he seems to be fitting into the system well. Looks to be a good rotational player.

But enough with the Knicks talk, whats up with all this Lebron to the Lakers talk Iím reading about on ESPN?
Idk if I would say he is the most consistent but w/e that your opinion. No one is going to be begging to bring in Bill Walker. If he was out on the open market I seriously don't think he would get picked up by anyone so I don't see how you think he would be valuable but again your opinion. Ya he has talent and should have been drafted higher but there are always guys like that who come and go.