Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So at what point are you going to realize that all the players on the 04 team, got twice as good on the 08 team? Wade, Carmelo, Lebron in particuliar who are all top 5 players in the NBA were not nearly as complete back then as they were in 2008. Also, your talking about a group of young guys like that combined with AI and Marbury running the point compared with those same guys in their prime, with Deron Williams and Jason Kidd at PG. I mean, Lebron and Melo had what, 1 year of NBA experience? I also don't remember Dwight Howard playing on that 2004 roster, he was just drafted that season so.....

But I guess it's all just Kobe though.
06... 10 characters.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Olympics, Kobe had one stretch where he was really good. He was lucky it was in the gold medal game. Outside of that, he was pretty pedestrian. He pulled the ultimate Sidney Crosby and all the Kobe stans are lapping it up forgetting that LeBron and Wade carried that team for the whole tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Funny how you leave out Pau.

It is pretty clear that Kobe(as well as any other superstar) can only win a title with a very good supporting cast around him. I mean Kobe hasn't won a title without another top 15 player on his team. Coincidence? Obviously not.

So therefore, it is stupid to blame LeBron for not having won a title when he doesnt have the type of supporting cast needed
Pau was never considered top 15 until he got to the lakers. In fact he was one that couldnt get out of the first round of the playoffs, add into the fact that he was swept each season he did make it into the playoffs:

Also, after they lost to Boston, everyone including laker fans as myself regarded himself as soft and not being able to bang with the big boys.

It was only til after they won, people started speaking top 5 pf/c talk.

Now, Lebron could really use a top 5 pf too, chris bosh etc etc. maybe antwan jamison will help. But there were also things kobe did in the playoffs that i can guarantee that no other player would have been able to do.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, shame on Pau for not being able to get out of the first round....on the god damn Grizzlies.

Seriously? You used that as support? The ******* Grizzlies??

The fact he got to the playoffs with the Grizzlies is more impressive.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you're only a great player if you can carry a garbage team to a finals win? Who has EVER done that? Jordan had Pippen, a defensive stopper in Rodman, a 3 point shooter in Kukoc. I hate when people fault a player for being on a good team.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, shame on Pau for not being able to get out of the first round....on the god damn Grizzlies.

Seriously? You used that as support? The ******* Grizzlies??

The fact he got to the playoffs with the Grizzlies is more impressive.
well how bout at least winning 1 game, that's not that unreasonable.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
well how bout at least winning 1 game, that's not that unreasonable.
Maybe, but to knock Pau for not being able to take the Grizzlies out of the first round is an absolutely ridiculous comment. Those teams were awful.

Especially in an argument where the point is Kobe needed Pau to win it all, to negate that by saying Pau couldn't win a playoff series is just downright hilarious and a horrible point of support.

I don't have any of Pau's playoff statistics, but I feel confident in guaranteeing that it wasn't his play that caused them not to win.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Maybe, but to knock Pau for not being able to take the Grizzlies out of the first round is an absolutely ridiculous comment. Those teams were awful.

Especially in an argument where the point is Kobe needed Pau to win it all, to negate that by saying Pau couldn't win a playoff series is just downright hilarious and a horrible point of support.

I don't have any of Pau's playoff statistics, but I feel confident in guaranteeing that it wasn't his play that caused them not to win.
that wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was more talking about the lines of Pau not being as highly regarded. It's no secret the lakers/phil/maybe kobe brought out the most in Pau.

Everyone is saying kobe has a top 15 player on his team, but he wasn't considered a top 15 player before the championship even when his numbers were still there.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez>Kobe+Lebron
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's not even special anymore when kobe comes through in the clutch. it's expected.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great game 2 of nba's brightest stars in an OT game, big win for the heat
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

these last 2 pages have been really great reads, keep it up guys

what a ****** lost to the Heat, they beat us in OT, it's cool, I was pleased by Kobe performance in the last 5 min of regulation, big games this weekend on the road for the lakeshow, at Bobcats tomorrow & at Magic on Sunday, should be fun watchs like tonight's was

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
that wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was more talking about the lines of Pau not being as highly regarded. It's no secret the lakers/phil/maybe kobe brought out the most in Pau.

Everyone is saying kobe has a top 15 player on his team, but he wasn't considered a top 15 player before the championship even when his numbers were still there.

Gasol isn't any better right now than he was in Memphis. People just didn't notice him then because it was ******* Memphis. If someone like David West got traded to the Lakers he would become more highly regarded too, without having to improve his game at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scary situation with Rodney Stuckey right now
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd argue Pau was better in Memphis. Maybe because it's Memphis, but still.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
scary situation with Rodney Stuckey right now
Looked like a Seizure or something.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Looked like a Seizure or something.
yep they were saying that on ESPN
Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** happened to Stuckey? I had the TV on the Red Wings game.

And now ESPN has cut to Sportscenter?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
yep they were saying that on ESPN
Was it shown on tv or did they cut to commercial? I just turned the game on.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
What the **** happened to Stuckey? I had the TV on the Red Wings game.
He had a seizure apparently. I hope hes ok.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the two players on our team to have some type of future and he has a seizure? Now they arent even showing the game at all...
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Was it shown on tv or did they cut to commercial? I just turned the game on.
he walked over to the sideline appeared fine but when he sat down he appeared to go into a seizure
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god, they said Rodney Stuckey is conscious now.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

just reported he's concious and breathing on his own
Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

I hope they dont find he has some type of heart/vascular condition or something physiological like that. That is much worse than tearing an ACL, often doctors won't clear those guys to ever play again (Detroit'ers remember Jiri Fischer, this sort of reminded me of that)

Hopefully he just has the flu or something that caused his body to shut down like that.

Of course that drained all life & energy from the Pistons and its likely well lose by 15+ now.