Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman
Top 12 Lottery Pick

compared to:

Devin Harris
Brooke Lopez
Top 4 Lottery Pick

Brooklyn is a New York borough so don't dress it up. The Nets will be New York's second team just as the Clippers are LA's. The Clippers have a better surronding cast, better conference, and a better basketball fanbase. New York is a football town first, baseball town second, and hockey town third. No arguing that.

I'd atleast consider Evan Turner if I have Devin Harris.

I wasn't trying to be an ass because I don't take anything said here personally. I would like to know where your thoughts start and end is all.

It's still experience that Wall does not have!

Awesome. I don't know why you're still on the playoff experience. It's an asset that the Clippers have over the Nets in this case.
Like how you don't even count guys like CDR, Terrance Williams, Courtney Lee, and as much as Scotty hates him YI has talent.

No one in NY cares about the Rangers or hockey as much as basketball you can Argue the Knicks are 2nd or 3rd depending on how much you like either the Knicks or Yankees/Mets.

In LA its the Lakers and USC and Clippers are 4th behind both USC teams.

I think if the Nets have a opportunity at Wall they would trade Harris for a PF

I know you arent taking anything personally neither am I

We are talking about a hypothetical team obviously Wall doesnt have NBA experience yet.

You cant take about a hypothetical situation where if you created an ideal off season for both teams both being getting Lebron and having the best draft possible. Then be like oh Wall hasn't even been in the NBA yet to try and prove your point.

I said Wall was better you came up with Baron is better cause of playoff experience so my response was Wall would have just as much experience if he was with Lebron. You brought up playoffs not me.

Lebron on the Nets by himself has more experience then everyone on your team so its not some big advantage. You keep bringing it up as some big advantage when it really wouldn't be.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought of New York as a mix between a baseball and basketball state. I know they got the pro teams but the college/high school football is not on the level as say high school/college football as Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, etc.

I think of New York fans as true fans of basketball. They know a good basketball player when they see them whatever team they may be on. They praised Jordan, Kobe and Lebron even though neither are on New York Teams. The high school basketball in new york is good. The street ball in New York is insane. Then you got the historic Knicks.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Like how you don't even count guys like CDR, Terrance Williams, Courtney Lee, and as much as Scotty hates him YI has talent.
The fact that you mentioned all three really demonstrates how invaluable they really are. They can all be replaced in the starting lineup in any given offseason. I don't consider them pieces to build around like I do with the players I mentioned.

Quote:
No one in NY cares about the Rangers or hockey as much as basketball you can Argue the Knicks are 2nd or 3rd depending on how much you like either the Knicks or Yankees/Mets.

In LA its the Lakers and USC and Clippers are 4th behind both USC teams.
Yankees
Giants
Jets
Mets
Rangers
Nets

You're going to say that more people care about the Nets more than the Rangers on a night to night, year to year, basis? I was actually tempted to put the Devils and Islanders in over the Nets.

Edit: And, I forgot the Knicks.

Quote:
I think if the Nets have a opportunity at Wall they would trade Harris for a PF
Possibly but how realistic is it really?

Quote:
You cant take about a hypothetical situation where if you created an ideal off season for both teams both being getting Lebron and having the best draft possible. Then be like oh Wall hasn't even been in the NBA yet to try and prove your point.
You did it with Griffin and I just mirrored your thinking.

Quote:
I said Wall was better you came up with Baron is better cause of playoff experience so my response was Wall would have just as much experience if he was with Lebron. You brought up playoffs not me.

Lebron on the Nets by himself has more experience then everyone on your team so its not some big advantage. You keep bringing it up as some big advantage when it really wouldn't be.
I never said Baron is flat out better but it would be a better situation for LeBron to step in to. A veteran PG who can still play... with playoff experience over a rookie PG with no playoff experience. If you're trying to win right now, who do you choose? Baron Davis over John Wall, right?

Last edited by tjsunstein : 03-10-2010 at 10:22 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An argument about the Nets and Clippers is like arguing whose better the Rams or Lions, it doesnít matter, they both suck. :)
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
An argument about the Nets and Clippers is like arguing whose better the Rams or Lions, it doesnít matter, they both suck. :)
Says the Knicks fan.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, Iím not saying we are any good, and hey I was saying the Clippers got the better core.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
Haha, I’m not saying we are any good, and hey I was saying the Clippers got the better core.
I know, it was just irony at its finest.;)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that you mentioned all three really demonstrates how invaluable they really are. They can all be replaced in the starting lineup in any given offseason. I don't consider them pieces to build around like I do with the players I mentioned.

Yankees
Giants
Jets
Mets
Rangers
Nets

You're going to say that more people care about the Nets more than the Rangers on a night to night, year to year, basis? I was actually tempted to put the Devils and Islanders in over the Nets.

Possibly but how realistic is it really?

You did it with Griffin and I just mirrored your thinking.

I never said Baron is flat out better but it would be a better situation for LeBron to step in to. A veteran PG who can still play... with playoff experience over a rookie PG with no playoff experience. If you're trying to win right now, who do you choose? Baron Davis over John Wall, right?
I wouldn't say there invaluable especially not Courtney Lee. Yes they are not starters but the Nets with them are better cause the Clippers have no bench and basically 4 starters set.

I doubt Lebron would choose LA then cause I doubt whoever he would want to bring in would want to sit on the bench. I am pretty sure the Nets have room for 2 max contracts so lets say Lebron+Bosh plus Harris or Wall and Lopez with Lee, Cdr, and Williams that is pretty dam good.

When the Nets move to Brooklyn then yes I think more people will be interested in the Nets then the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils. Right now no the Knicks are the basketball team and then comes the Hockey teams behind them.

Well it all depends on the bounce of the lottery and what they deem as fair value for Harris if it played out the way I said.

All I said is he has yet to play in the NBA therefore you don't really no if you got the stud pf you think or if he is a bust. I didn't say anything about him not being in the playoffs as a reason to downgrade Griffin like how you did with Wall.

Not really I think Baron is the exact opposite of a pg that Lebron would want to play with since he is more ball dominate then Wall and likes to get his points. a pairing of Lebron and Davis reminds me a lot of Hughes and Lebron it just doesn't work I think there games conflict with each other too much.

I think Lebron would choose Wall on his rookie year over having another year older Baron Davis to answer your question of who I would want now I would take Wall if him and Baron were my only two choices of pgs I can have.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

We're getting into too many hypotheticals. I'm done. I will remain confident that the Clippers have the better surrounding cast for LeBron to come to than the Nets.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did I really just miss a whole Lebron/Nets debate filled with silly things and the obvious Brodeur Nets jokes and commie with one of the funniest posts I've read here in a while? meh. The only things I'll say:
A) No LTGiants, Yi doesn't have talent. What he does have, is a vagina.
B) Yes, we blew a 18 point first quarter lead. I hate Kiki. And the fact we started Boone and Hassel. Please let us just get 10 and end this season.
C ) I'm giving up the Lebron pipe dream. Give me Rudy Cool and David Lee.
Harris-Lee-Cool-Lee-Bropez with our top 4(at worst) pick?
BOOM. roasted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're getting into too many hypotheticals. I'm done. I will remain confident that the Clippers have the better surrounding cast for LeBron to come to than the Nets.
Lebron to the Clip would be deadly. And I'd be all for it. espn would have a boner comprable to mine at Rutgers games. Lebron and Kobe, IN THE SAME GYM!?!?!? ZOMGZ! might as well have Brady and Favre get married and have one of them cheat on the other with Tiger Woods while one wears a Yankees hat autographed by Ovechkin and Crosby.

anyway:
Harris>B-diddy (at this point in their careers and looking down the road)
Gordon>everyone on the Nets not Bropez
honestly, it's T-Will at SF and I lovez him, so I can't say anything on this.
Blake on one leg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone the Nets throw at this spot (WHY THE **** IS BATTIE NOT PLAYING!?!?!)
Bropez>>>>>>>>>Kaman.

idk, like I said, I'm fine with Cool and Lee over Bron Bron
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thats fine with me as long as the Knicks have a better chance then both of them.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Lebron to the Clip would be deadly. And I'd be all for it. espn would have a boner comprable to mine at Rutgers games. Lebron and Kobe, IN THE SAME GYM!?!?!? ZOMGZ! might as well have Brady and Favre get married and have one of them cheat on the other with Tiger Woods while one wears a Yankees hat autographed by Ovechkin and Crosby.

anyway:
Harris>B-diddy (at this point in their careers and looking down the road)
Gordon>everyone on the Nets not Bropez
honestly, it's T-Will at SF and I lovez him, so I can't say anything on this.
Blake on one leg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyone the Nets throw at this spot (WHY THE **** IS BATTIE NOT PLAYING!?!?!)
Bropez>>>>>>>>>Kaman.

idk, like I said, I'm fine with Cool and Lee over Bron Bron
Bropez vs. Kaman is very very close imo. I am not sure who I would rather have tbh.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Bropez vs. Kaman is very very close imo. I am not sure who I would rather have tbh.
When it's that close, everyone leans in favor of potential.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I'm also taking into account youth/future and the fact Bropez will just keep improving.
Also, looks. Kaman is ugly as ****.

ANDBROPEZ IS ALL WE HAVE! LET ME HAVE THIS!
Quote:
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to things that currently matter, Boston is completely done. Lost by 20 to the freakin Grizzlies tonight. It's painful watching KG nowadays.

Looks like it's down to Orlando or Cleveland in the East again. Maybe Atlanta sneaks in there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Back to things that currently matter, Boston is completely done. Lost by 20 to the freakin Grizzlies tonight. It's painful watching KG nowadays.

Looks like it's down to Orlando or Cleveland in the East again. Maybe Atlanta sneaks in there.
and Milwaukee....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
and Milwaukee....
Bogut is one of the most underrated players in the league.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke Evans just got a triple double and is at 19-10-10 currently. I <3 Tyreke, he is going to be such a beast in a few years.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
and Milwaukee....
Maybe in 2-3 years.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toronto is so bad.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Maybe in 2-3 years.
Don't underestimate the Australian Assassin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't underestimate the Australian Assassin.

It's less that and more correctly estimating the Compton Chucker.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Tyreke Evans just got a triple double and is at 19-10-10 currently. I <3 Tyreke, he is going to be such a beast in a few years.
lol ya in a few years
Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
He's already a beast and he can't even shoot yet.