Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You guys can try to minimize what the Bucks have done this season with whatever stats you want and you can do the same with Brandon Jennings, but when it comes down to it the Bucks are currently the 5th seed and Jennings is a big reason for their improvement and them exceeding expectations.

Oh come on, don't play the everyone is against us card. You're better than that. They've had to battle the likes of Charlotte and Toronto to get to that #5 spot. You're a solid team with a good future but you're not going farther than the second round of the playoffs if you get that far.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-12-2010 at 12:06 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Another reason to love Brandon Jennings

and I'll save you the trouble Brodeur, he shoots his mouth off way better than he shoots a basketball

Hahaha, and he was talking **** to Garnett at the end of the Celtics game. How about you actually accomplish something before you talk **** to two rookies that are playing infinitely better than you, much less a future hall of famer.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Oh come on, don't play the everyone is against us card. You're better than that. They've had to battle the likes of Charlotte and Toronto to get to that #5 spot. You're a solid team with a good future but you're not going farther than the second round of the playoffs if you get that far.
I'm not trying to play that card, but for a team that was expected to finish 14th in the East, the fact that they are currently 5th is outstanding.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He was my 2nd favorite character behind the dude in my avatar.
Mine

1. The Bunk
2. Wey Bey
3. Omar
4. Frank Sobotka
5. Norman

As far as badassness, Wey Bey is second to none. But the Bunk takes the cake.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Mine

1. The Bunk
2. Wey Bey
3. Omar
4. Frank Sobotka
5. Norman

As far as badassness, Wey Bey is second to none. But the Bunk takes the cake.
One final Wire related post in here...

1. Omar
2. Stringer
3. Lester
4. Bunk
5. Prezbo

Anyways, the Warriors have a terrible defense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Also, could you tell me how he just bashed over rookies who are clearly better? I must have missed that part. He said both of their teams suck. They do. What about that talks about the rookies individually, their game, or disrespects the players?
I see it this way. He made it seem like what Evans and Curry are playing for is insignificant in comparison to the Bucks being in the playoffs. He was being very condescending towards two guys that are having substantially better seasons. Not everyone was able to get the gift of landing in the NBA's Eastern Conference.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirk Hinrich, Jannero Pargo, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, and Brad Miller.

Yes, that is an NBA starting lineup tonight.

fml

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Kirk Hinrich, Jannero Pargo, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, and Brad Miller.

Yes, that is an NBA starting lineup tonight.

fml
Joe Alexander was getting minutes for you guys last night...he almost fouled out in like 5 minutes.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Joe Alexander was getting minutes for you guys last night...he almost fouled out in like 5 minutes.
4 fouls and 1-3 shooting in 12 minutes. That's good right?

And yet there is a certain hilarious website that still thinks he doesn't play on any team he's been on because he is of the caucasian persuasion. I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being ******* terrible.

At least before when we were playing crappy I could grab some tissues and hand lotion, lock my door and watch Derrick Rose. But god damn Dwight Howard has made sure that's not going to happen again anytime soon. :(

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I see it this way. He made it seem like what Evans and Curry are playing for is insignificant in comparison to the Bucks being in the playoffs. He was being very condescending towards two guys that are having substantially better seasons. Not everyone was able to get the gift of landing in the NBA's Eastern Conference.

All I got was "both of their teams suck", I don't see how he was knocking any player individually or how good they are. He said he didn't care about the award which is alot better to me then acting like it was super important.

I don't know....I guess it doesn't bother me when a rookie actually has some balls and says what he wants, that's how some people grew up playing basketball, talking **** on the court the whole game, thinking your the best, why do guys always have to say the 'politically correct' thing in an interview if that's now how they really feel?

Of course that kinda stuff will rub people the wrong way, but if your a fan of that team you ALWAYS love those guys, and generally hate them when your not. I personally just like players who play with confidence and swagger and don't give a **** if someone doesn't like what they have to say in an interview, everyone doesn't have to act like John Stockton especially if that's now how they have been there whole life so I appreciate the honestly and realness.

I know people say "yea dude how about you prove something", I just think that's how alot of people grew up playing the game, and that's how there the most comfortable. If he can get in a dudes head by running his mouth all game so be it, dude's a cocky SOB, I could tell that a long time ago, it just doesn't bother me because at least he's real about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keyon Dooling is the man! <3
but sadly, Jeff Green is running train on us, along with Durant's usual dominance. *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man the cupboard is really bare nowadays in Washington. If they had started the season with this roster I think they would be head to head in the race with the Nets for the futility award.

Oh and fellow Pistons fans, Its about time that FSN is putting Erin Nicole on TV. She has been the Pistons home game 'hostess' for a bit now and I kept wondering why FSN never had her do anything on air, considering she is much easier on the eyes than Mickey York or Trevor Thompson.

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 03-12-2010 at 08:18 PM.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Bynum has 19 assists with about 2 minutes left!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay, he got the 20th assist on an unnecessary shot with about 4 seconds left while we were up by 12. Oh well.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Will Bynum has 19 assists with about 2 minutes left!
There is #20. Bynumite!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum and Wall backcourt= all your courts belong to us.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bynum and Wall backcourt= all your courts belong to us.
If only we could get rid of Stuckey, Rip, and Ben Gordon.. It would be so very awesome.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If only we could get rid of Stuckey, Rip, and Ben Gordon.. It would be so very awesome.
Stuckey is fine, he is just being played out of position.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Stuckey is fine, he is just being played out of position.
Eh, yeah, true. I'd rather have him as 6th man. Too many turnovers to be the starting PG

Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh, yeah, true. I'd rather have him as 6th man. Too many turnovers to be the starting PG
Ya, or if we actually found a legit PG, Rodney seems like he would fit in fine playing an off guard/scorer role. Then he could even run the point at certain times later in the game.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahaha, and he was talking **** to Garnett at the end of the Celtics game. How about you actually accomplish something before you talk **** to two rookies that are playing infinitely better than you, much less a future hall of famer.
Yeah but Garnett is a scumbag.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Yeah but Garnett is a scumbag.
Well that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
I wouldn't say he is a complete scumbag...but he tends to start **** with ******* PGs which is pretty ******* pathetic on his part. I mean if you want to act all "rah-rah" and talking **** and the such you should do it against someone your own size...not someone like Jose Calderon Jerryd bayless
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I wouldn't say he is a complete scumbag...but he tends to start **** with ******* PGs which is pretty ******* pathetic on his part. I mean if you want to act all "rah-rah" and talking **** and the such you should do it against someone your own size...not someone like Jose Calderon Jerryd bayless

Well I can't really disagree with that. It's not like he backs down against guys his own size though. And that's not being a scumbag at all anyway.

He's done nothing to lead anyone to believe he's not a a great teammate, he isn't a dirty player, doesn't get in trouble off the court....I'm just trying to figure out how he's led anyone to believe he's a "scumbag."
Old 03-13-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I can't really disagree with that. It's not like he backs down against guys his own size though. And that's not being a scumbag at all anyway.

He's done nothing to lead anyone to believe he's not a a great teammate, he isn't a dirty player, doesn't get in trouble off the court....I'm just trying to figure out how he's led anyone to believe he's a "scumbag."
Its the fact that he starts **** with ******* Point guards. Its pathetic on his part.

Yup...great ******* teammate.

but ya scumbag probably isnt the right word.

But I ******* hate the guy
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote