Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh...they need a PG. Evans needs to be playing the 2 long term. What a horrible year for PGs, though.
There really only is 1 PG worth touching with a lottery pick. I think Bledsoe would be doing himself a favor to stay for his So. year at UK & be the man running the show for a season, would probably secure himself a top 5 slot in the '11 draft.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem with drafting a PG to go alongside Evans is that he is the difinition of the "0" gaurd and idk how well he would fit with any of the PGs in this draft, Bledsoe could be a nice fit but I think a SF would be a better pick...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need a combo guard to play with Tyreke. Someone capable of bringing the ball up, but can also effectively play off the ball when Tyreke is handling it. Maybe you reach for an Avery Bradley or Willie Warren.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
but I think a SF would be a better pick...
Curious to hear how in the heck you think picking a SF helps the Kings. Let's see, there's Andres Nocioni, Omri Casspi, Donte Greene and Francisco Garcia already on the team. Casspi is a stud, Nocioni is very serviceable, Donte Greene is dripping with potential, and Franky Garcia is an experienced, relatively young guy that can come off the bench, play D and do some scoring at both the SG and SF positions. So, how'd you come to that conclusion?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
You need a combo guard to play with Tyreke. Someone capable of bringing the ball up, but can also effectively play off the ball when Tyreke is handling it. Maybe you reach for an Avery Bradley or Willie Warren.
True, but the line between combo guard and 0 gaurd is thin. I consider Curry a 0 and Monta Ellis a combo guard but they are having problems coexisting in Golden State...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and if somehow Avery Bradley ended up in Sacramento, i'd be jumping for joy. We could use his amazing defense, but there's little to no shot of him even declaring. At least i hope so. Don't think he's very ready to be in the NBA.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Curious to hear how in the heck you think picking a SF helps the Kings. Let's see, there's Andres Nocioni, Omri Casspi, Donte Greene and Francisco Garcia already on the team. Casspi is a stud, Nocioni is very serviceable, Donte Greene is dripping with potential, and Franky Garcia is an experienced, relatively young guy that can come off the bench, play D and do some scoring at both the SG and SF positions. So, how'd you come to that conclusion?
For some reason I thought Casspi was a PF not a SF which is why I made the statement, i guess because of how solid Landry has been and how Hawes has been solid alongside the pick has to come down to a 2 guard who can work with Evans (something Martin couldn't do) or maybe just more depth in the front court

Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
For some reason I thought Casspi was a PF not a SF which is why I made the statement, i guess because of how solid Landry has been and how Hawes has been solid alongside the pick has to come down to a 2 guard who can work with Evans (something Martin couldn't do) or maybe just more depth in the front court
It has to be a PG-esque guard, or a true big. Hawes is good offensively, but man the dude can't play defense if his life depended on it. Thompson is pretty good also, but Carl Landry is so much better at everything in the PF position. I'm hoping and praying for DeMarcus Cousins.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, and if somehow Avery Bradley ended up in Sacramento, i'd be jumping for joy. We could use his amazing defense, but there's little to no shot of him even declaring. At least i hope so. Don't think he's very ready to be in the NBA.
He said on his twitter he's declaring. He's at least putting his name in the draft but probably won't hire an agent though. Still I can easily see him staying in the draft. Texas had a horrendous collapse this season. Damion James the heart of the team is gone, Pittman could be gone, and Barnes appears to favor Jacovan Brown more. Also with Varez Ward coming back next season I can see Bradley wanting to jump ship.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He said on his twitter he's declaring. He's at least putting his name in the draft but probably won't hire an agent though. Still I can easily see him staying in the draft. Texas had a horrendous collapse this season. Damion James the heart of the team is gone, Pittman could be gone, and Barnes appears to favor Jacovan Brown more. Also with Varez Ward coming back next season I can see Bradley wanting to jump ship.
Yeah, just saw the meltdown on Orangebloods.

J'Covan Brown is a better PG, Bradley was always gonna be a 2 in college, so that really doesn't have much to do with him being gone. I think he just got a good grade and projection and jumped on the money.

Man, Texas is gonna suck next year.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It has to be a PG-esque guard, or a true big. Hawes is good offensively, but man the dude can't play defense if his life depended on it. Thompson is pretty good also, but Carl Landry is so much better at everything in the PF position. I'm hoping and praying for DeMarcus Cousins.
Ya I think Cousins would make sense, I think finding a guard (whether a 2, a true 1, a combo guard) to go with Evans is going to be hard maybe just getting a little nastiness down low would be better...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose has now taken a combined 13 threes in his past two games and knocked down 6 of them. Granted that's skewed by a 4-6 performance in the first game since he went 2-7 in the other, but I think that's a really good sign for him and the Bulls.

Distance shooting on Chicago has been pretty weak so if he's a threat from deep if left open that helps in that regard, and if teams have to respect his ability to hit the 3 it's going to make it easier for him to get to the bucket. Apparently he's been working on it quite a bit and he says he's going to continue taking the shot, so we'll see how it goes I guess. Would really make him that much more dangerous of a player.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-24-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: wrong numbers
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Knicks beat the Nuggets tonight, Gallo and Toney Douglas have looked very promising.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
Wow, Knicks beat the Nuggets tonight, Gallo and Toney Douglas have looked very promising.
It's a shame we had to trade away Jordan Hill, I thought him and gallo would make a nasty big man duo in a couple of years. But oh well, Douglas has been playing great though, the d is nasty, he can score and he's doing infinitely better as a PG than I thought he would.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Douglas coming out. Thought he'd be a nice pick for Orlando when there were rumors of us trading for an early 2nd out there. He never did get that far but, almost. Never traded for that pick either, though. :/ haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Pierce is looking like the Paul Pierce from the playoffs two years ago. Not sure what's got into him lately.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Paul Pierce is looking like the Paul Pierce from the playoffs two years ago. Not sure what's got into him lately.
He's been off and on but someone has to carry KG's dead ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's been off and on but someone has to carry KG's dead ass.

You really enjoy hurting me don't you.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You really enjoy hurting me don't you.
That's not true :(. I care about you in a brotherly way.

Also, have the Nuggets decided to fall asleep for the week?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The Nets are about to get win number 8!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You know you're a ***** when you play 40 minutes in a game and not even go to the line once.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Pfft Beno is awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

So that Josh Smith buzzer beating game winning putback dunk was beyond epic.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

netssssssssssssssss <3
this is what happens when we actually play defense and harris passes and cdr plays the minutes he deserves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
netssssssssssssssss <3
this is what happens when we actually play defense and harris passes and cdr plays the minutes he deserves.
Because it's not like they lost the other 30 times when they happened too. Haha.