Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Or Lebron and Bosh can play in NY where they already have room for 2 max contracts.
or NY can **** off and keep their hands off our player :D
Old 05-16-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Exactly, why not just go to New Jersey and then you have Devin Harris, Bropez, and a high lottery pick, quite possibly John Wall.
Because it's Newark...
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we expect some "Magic Meltdown Worst Disaster" type stories from ESPN tonight?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Because it's Newark...
Now, I might be wrong because I'm not from the East coast, but how much worse can that be than Cleveland and Toronto...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker and EC's expiring contract which can be used to get a decent player or two.
I know I'm scared.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now, I might be wrong because I'm not from the East coast, but how much worse can that be than Cleveland and Toronto...
A lot worse. Newark is pretty terrible and just an overall ****** city. It's also usually at or near the top for cities with crime and to my recollection car stealing lol.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
or NY can **** off and keep their hands off our player :D
They have been ours for 2 years you **** off

Quote:
Exactly, why not just go to New Jersey and then you have Devin Harris, Bropez, and a high lottery pick, quite possibly John Wall.
I will keep it simple as possible it's New Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Chandler>>Gallo as a player.

They have no PG unless Spanish Chocolate develops.
I think Gallo is better but w/e its your opinion.

Sergio probably wont get resigned cause the Knicks are probably not going to offer him his 2 million dollar QO.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think it's interesting that people (esp. the media) act like Toronto is like Cleveland or Milwaukee or something. Toronto is a huge city with a ton of stuff to do. It's just in Canada, only negative.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I know I'm scared.
Aren't you a pistons fan? If I were you I really wouldn't be talking.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aren't you a pistons fan? If I were you I really wouldn't be talking.
I understand the godawful situation that the Pistons are in, and I thus do not have any delusions of grandeur.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Newark itself as a city is pretty bad. Not exactly the safest place, I live like 15, 20 minutes away and avoid it if at all possible. That said, anybody playing in Newark isn't going to spend much time outside of practice and games there. It's really close to NYC so that's where players would probably spend most of their time or maybe live. There's some nice suburbs around the area as well, but Newark is definitely not a place I'd want to spend any time in.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember when:
A) Newark's not as bad now, there was a lot of **** when the Devils went there and Barry Melrose talked **** and just got owned.

B) The Nets are...well... MOVING TO BROOKLYN.

C) And yea, because Cleveland and Toronto are sooo much better than Newark/Brooklyn

do people actually think that's going to be such a huge factor too? OH MAN, Newark is a bad city! why would I wanna play there for 2 years and win when I could go to the Knicks or stay in Cleveland where I can just not win anything for ever.

Honestly, I want Lebron to just not sign with the Knicks, to spite all the ign'ant fans.

Chicago, the Clippers and the Nets give Lebron the best chances to win, simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker and EC's expiring contract which can be used to get a decent player or two.
That core is absolute trash.

It is worse than the Raps and the Cavs current cores(minus the Bosh and LeBron) by far. While the Knicks could of course add two max players making it better, that core is still ******* trash. When Bill Walker is the fourth player you list off....you know you are ******
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when gallo is the 1st and chandler is the 2nd you are ******

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'd say the 5th being an expiring contract is all the more rage.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
when gallo is the 1st and chandler is the 2nd you are ******
You make it seem like Gallo is a piece of crap, yet the kid is going into his third year and looks like he has the making of a sharpshooter who has to touch up his handling skills. He has developed into an effective defender who doesn't have a problem taking the big shot if he gets it. Chandler i'm not as high on as most knicks fans, but he would be a dangerous 6th man type, just a person that can take it to the rim with ease and has a spot up jump shot. Also plays excellent defense.

We needed to lay waste to the previous team, and the building blocks are small. But if you can convince LeBron to make the move for 3 years and sign a Bosh (max contract) or Joe Johnson ($10-12 million, and allows us to go after another max contract next season if they don't trade Curry) or somehow Dirk (close to the max), then the team is completely different, and it becomes a lethal combination.

And yeah the Nets are moving to Brooklyn....in two years. Thats if they can ever get out of the legal lawsuits and start building that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Detroit, if we offered to take Rip Hamilton for Eddy Curry's expiring would you do it?

Or would NO trade Emeka and Collison for Curry?

Or Davis for Curry?

Just to get rid of those awful contracts

Quote:
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That core is absolute trash.

It is worse than the Raps and the Cavs current cores(minus the Bosh and LeBron) by far. While the Knicks could of course add two max players making it better, that core is still ******* trash. When Bill Walker is the fourth player you list off....you know you are ******

Oh ya 3 former 1st rd picks and 1 2nd rder who have barely been in the league for a couple years that's a terrible core. Bill Walker actually showed he is pretty good and why he was considered as good a prospect that he was coming out of Kansas st before the Knee problems.

All 4 players have played well and still have a lot of room to grow but ya lets call them **** b/c the only time I ever watched the Knicks was against the Raptors.

Who do the Raptors have besides Andrea and Derozan that are any good?

The Cavs core? of Mo Williams who is not very good cant play defense to save his ass and has a terrible contract Shaq who is on the decline Jamison who has a crap contract and did literally nothing. Do I really need to go further with Gibson West and Varejo or do you want to just continue knocking the Knicks based on bs.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Yeah, I'd probably do it. Dumars refuses to make trades that will help the future of the team though, so I doubt he would do it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah, I'd probably do it. Dumars refuses to make trades that will help the future of the team though, so I doubt he would do it.
Alright so if you do that then you got Gallo at PF, Douglas at PG and Hamilton at SG with Chandler coming first off the bench to spell Hamilton. Turns into a much better core no?

Quote:
Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Douglas isn't a true point..IMO still a little better cast but if you don't have legit PG play it is tough to win.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Also, Detroit, if we offered to take Rip Hamilton for Eddy Curry's expiring would you do it?
I'd do it. We'll probably win exactly 28 games for each of the next 2 or 3 years with Hamilton. This trade gives us cap flexibility and let's us be absolutely horrible next year, which will hopefully result in a top 3 pick.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I'd do it. We'll probably win exactly 28 games for each of the next 2 or 3 years with Hamilton. This trade gives us cap flexibility and let's us be absolutely horrible next year, which will hopefully result in a top 3 pick.
Instead of 28 games, we might win 26 with Stuckey/Gordon manning the 2 for most of the year. There would be very little difference.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Douglas isn't a true point..IMO still a little better cast but if you don't have legit PG play it is tough to win.
The argument though is what is the necessity of having a true point if the offense runs through LeBron every time he is on the floor. Toney is a better man to run the point if LeBron signs, because he won't be needed to run the offense. He also is an excellent defender already, which many point guards aren't. He stays in front of his man, gets his hands up and out and makes smart steal attempts.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh ya 3 former 1st rd picks and 1 2nd rder who have barely been in the league for a couple years that's a terrible core. Bill Walker actually showed he is pretty good and why he was considered as good a prospect that he was coming out of Kansas st before the Knee problems.

All 4 players have played well and still have a lot of room to grow but ya lets call them **** b/c the only time I ever watched the Knicks was against the Raptors.

Who do the Raptors have besides Andrea and Derozan that are any good?

The Cavs core? of Mo Williams who is not very good cant play defense to save his ass and has a terrible contract Shaq who is on the decline Jamison who has a crap contract and did literally nothing. Do I really need to go further with Gibson West and Varejo or do you want to just continue knocking the Knicks based on bs.
being a first round pick really doesnt mean much...especially once you get out of the top 10. Bill Walker is a role player at best. And while they are okay pieces....as the main part of a teams core they are considered ****.

I mean...when you include players like Bill Walker then for the Raps I could list off: Andrea, Sonny Weems, Jarret Jack, Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan, as well as Hedo(yes I realize he has a horrible contract).

For the Cavs core...way to leave out one of their best ******* pieces in JJ Hickson. ******* ******
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote