Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what would the thunder have to do to get LeBron

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Trade Kevin Durant, haha. I don't think LeBron would want to play with Durant and vice versa. Dwade and LeBron can play together because Dwade can play point and likes to create for others. LeBron and Durant would not gel well together. Plus one of them would have to guard 2's and struggle with foot speed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Well if they want to make it happen quickly then Kevin Durant.

If not then it probably starts with either Russell Westbrook (less pieces to make the trade) or Jeff Green (more pieces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh dear lord, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. wow. just...wow. I agree with Metsox...which is probably the first time ever. this is just so....sooooooo, soooo ignorant. Varejao is AWFUL. did you not see him want the foul call and just ***** to the refs while the game was going on? And I'm a Nets fan telling Knicks fans our core is better and I STILL think this is incredibly just...dumb. oh, it's your opinion...so it's just...yea still dumb and wrong
lol. I'm going to call everyone's opinions I agree with dumb from now on since that's what everyone does.

Like I said. Comparing role players to role players.

Varejao is a proven commodity on a playoff team. 9 and 8 off the bench in 29 mins. He'd certainly be in the range of an average double double if he was the starter this year.

I'd take a double double over a hustle player with limited range and a 1 dimensional shooter who's not stopping the guy he's guarding.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does everyone want to propose S&T's. If teams have cap room they'd prefer to just offer to all the guys like LeBron, Dwade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, etc, instead of blowing up their team for LeBron.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The players want that extra money from the team that owns their bird rights.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Why does everyone want to propose S&T's. If teams have cap room they'd prefer to just offer to all the guys like LeBron, Dwade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, etc, instead of blowing up their team for LeBron.
Well, I normally agree with you. Why would a team trade guys when they can sign them outright. However, a team like the Bulls don't have the cap room, so they would need a S&T if they want a 2nd max contract.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
lol. I'm going to call everyone's opinions I agree with dumb from now on since that's what everyone does.

Varejao is a proven commodity on a playoff team. 9 and 8 off the bench in 29 mins. He'd certainly be in the range of an average double double if he was the starter this year.

I'd take a double double over a hustle player with limited range and a 1 dimensional shooter who's not stopping the guy he's guarding.
I mean, people can have an opinion and such...but this is just soo off. Chandler is soooooooo much better than Varejao. Chandler doesn't flop. Chandler can score. Chandler isn't a little whiney *****. Chandler doesn't suck. Those reasons are why he just blows Varejao out of the water.

And let's see:
1. He DIDN'T start. Chandler did.
2. Vareajo DIDNT have a double double, so he's not a double double player...
3. And Varejao had the most miniscule part in Cleveland making it to the playoffs. If Chandler had LBJ, he'd have a much higher scoring average due to dishes from Lebron and he'd have a playoff resume.
The fact anyone thinks Varejao is better than anyone is just beyond me
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Find me more people that can legitimately say that Varejao has more value than Gallinari. It's cool and all to think outside the box sometimes, but when you're the only one thinking a certain way, you're most likely wrong.

I guarantee you that if Varejao started for an average team without Lebron, he'd be a mega scrub. The only way he gets his scoring is because most of the time they leave him wide open down low when Lebron drives into the paint, or he gets put backs. He has NO offensive game, and if he played a full 40+ minutes, he'd probably foul out 50% of the time.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I mean, people can have an opinion and such...but this is just soo off. Chandler is soooooooo much better than Varejao. Chandler doesn't flop. Chandler can score. Chandler isn't a little whiney *****. Chandler doesn't suck. Those reasons are why he just blows Varejao out of the water.

And let's see:
1. He DIDN'T start. Chandler did.
2. Vareajo DIDNT have a double double, so he's not a double double player...
3. And Varejao had the most miniscule part in Cleveland making it to the playoffs. If Chandler had LBJ, he'd have a much higher scoring average due to dishes from Lebron and he'd have a playoff resume.
The fact anyone thinks Varejao is better than anyone is just beyond me
I'd prefer 9/8 to anything Chandler or Gallinari would do. I dn't care if he flops. It works. He gets under guys skins and he's very active. He's very good inside. Can catch in finish in awkward positions. I'd say he had a much bigger hand than anyone but LBJ and Mo.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson Varejao

$7,000,000 (starting next season)

$7,700,000

$8,400,000

$9,100,000

$9,800,000

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Anderson Varejao

$7,000,000 (starting next season)

$7,700,000

$8,400,000

$9,100,000

$9,800,000
7 million for a guy would gets 9/8 is pretty pricey. I want to see how he does if and when LeBron isn't there anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Trade Kevin Durant, haha. I don't think LeBron would want to play with Durant and vice versa. Dwade and LeBron can play together because Dwade can play point and likes to create for others. LeBron and Durant would not gel well together. Plus one of them would have to guard 2's and struggle with foot speed.
nah LeBron can play the 4 in that system

Westbrook Thabo Durant LeBron Kristic / Green Harden Serge

my god

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lebron would lose a hell of a lot of his effectiveness if he was guarding a PF all game long.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Find me more people that can legitimately say that Varejao has more value than Gallinari. It's cool and all to think outside the box sometimes, but when you're the only one thinking a certain way, you're most likely wrong.

I guarantee you that if Varejao started for an average team without Lebron, he'd be a mega scrub. The only way he gets his scoring is because most of the time they leave him wide open down low when Lebron drives into the paint, or he gets put backs. He has NO offensive game, and if he played a full 40+ minutes, he'd probably foul out 50% of the time.
lol. I doubt I'm the only one who prefers defense and rebounding over mediocre scorers.

Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are mediocre now on a terrible team lol. They are role players. Anderson Varejao is not a star, but his game fits the elements needed for a good team. Who cares if he has no offensive game? Low Post basketball is dying out. All I need is a big who can score of pick and rolls and putbacks.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Actually it means something but fine lets somehow discount that cause you want to keep on with your bs theory with no logic behind it.

Of Course a 3 man core in the NBA would be ****** take any 3 players you want and they would be ******. No team can play 3 on 5 basketball and look good. You're acting like right now the Knicks have a full roster and those 3 are best players.

We have a bare empty roster filled with 3 good young players 2 of which are perfect fits for Lebron and his game( Douglas and Gallo). Another good young piece in Chandler (Who yes was actually almost traded to Washington last yr for the #5 pick) He is a pretty good player weather you want to believe it or not is your problem. To say that any one of the Knicks players are **** its just dumb.

Why would anyone take your opinion seriously if you don't know what you are talking about. I could play your game to lalalallalalalllalalal I don't hear you Bill Walker is trash it doesn't make you right just makes you look like a child.

Ok lets proclaim Bill Walker as just a 3rd guy on the bench so we have a good Bench piece and 3 good young players in a lineup how does that makes us complete trash?

I would gladly take Douglas alone over every one of those players not named Andrea or Demar Derozan.

I would eaisly take Bill Walker over Sonny Weems and Jarret Jack and every other piece of trash player on the same Raptors roster that Chris Bosh is tired of losing with and besides for the fact that Canada blows is why he is not coming back to your **** team.

Cause you obviously dont know basketball or have not seen Gallo or Chandler play those your opinion on the Knicks is just pointless.
Michael Sweetney, Renaldo Balkman,Mardy Collins, and Frederic Weis were all first round picks. Their are tons of first round picks who don't amount to ****...especially in the late first. Putting value into someone because of where they were picked in the NBA is stupid.

Um...what the **** are you talking about with this 3 on 5 business. I nowhere mentioned anything about this. A core to a team is a group of 3-4 players who are most important to the teams present/future. When a teams current core consists of Gallo, Chandler, Toney Douglas and Bill ************* Walker it means they have a terrible ******* core of players. It is pretty straightforward I don't know why you are making up games of 3 vs 5 in your head. Gallo plays the exact same position as LeBron....I do not see how that is a perfect fit.

Quote:
To say that any one of the Knicks players are **** its just dumb."
I had to requote that to point out how this clearly solidifies you as the biggest homer in the NBA thread.

In regards to taking Bill Walker over Sonny Weems and Jarret Jack or even Calderon. ***** Please. While Sonny Weems is nothing special the fact the fact that you think Bill Walker is way better than him is laughable. Jarret Jack and Calderon are both serviceable starters in the league and at the worst very good back up PGs. Not to mention Calderon would fit into D'antoni pretty ******* well.

And yes....continue to chirp the Raps and Canada I couldn't give two ***** coming from you....and what the hell I think this quote needs to be shown one more time for comedic effect:

Quote:
To say that any one of the Knicks players are **** its just dumb."

Last edited by Chucky : 05-16-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
lol. I doubt I'm the only one who prefers defense and rebounding over mediocre scorers.

Gallinari and Wilson Chandler are mediocre now on a terrible team lol. They are role players. Anderson Varejao is not a star, but his game fits the elements needed for a good team. Who cares if he has no offensive game? Low Post basketball is dying out. All I need is a big who can score of pick and rolls and putbacks.
The only reason he scores off pick and rolls and putbacks is because of Lebron James. Not because he's particularly skilled at it.

Gallinari is an above average scorer right now with lots of potential. Varejao is a mediocre defender who has maxed out his potential and might regress once he doesn't have the best player in the world on his team.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Lebron would lose a hell of a lot of his effectiveness if he was guarding a PF all game long.
Like i said, very few PFs left that will hurt you in the post.

Timmy
Pau
KG are the only ones who i can think of off top that will continue to dominate a smaller defender, and Timmy's declining very quickly.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't matter with that lineup
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's just end these debates:

1. Varejao is ******* awful.

2. Bropez and Rose are better than anyone else Lebron could possibly play with next season.

i win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The only reason he scores off pick and rolls and putbacks is because of Lebron James. Not because he's particularly skilled at it.

Gallinari is an above average scorer right now with lots of potential. Varejao is a mediocre defender who has maxed out his potential and might regress once he doesn't have the best player in the world on his team.
He scores off pick n rolls because he keeps the ball high and has a nice touch. Role players who know their roles are the key to title contenders.

15 PPG on a terrible team is above average? With the way you're hyping him, he should be cranking out 20 PPG. I think Gallanari will never be anything more than a 15-19 PPG scorer.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

LeBron is basically Dwight Howard size minus an inch, i don't think he would have much problem defending a PF regularly

Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:

2. Bropez and Rose are better than anyone else Lebron could possibly play with next season.

i win.
He's better than any forward on your roster.....
Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:

i win.
1. Not awful.....just annoying

2. ***** please. D-Wade and Bosh are both better.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
It wouldn't matter with that lineup
Well, you got me there. KD is a boss on offense.