Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya but when he was in the game he was playing Center and Lee moved to the 4 spot. I would have mentioned Darko but we never played him we didn't have anyone else play center really besides Lee or we went super small.

I clamored for Lee to be a all-star? I have been bashing Lee for a while now and saying he is all about stats and money not the same hard noise tough player he was when he first came in.

I said they were used to getting whooped in the paint nothing about their win-lose record so I dont know where your getting we think winning 30 games is a good thing. If that was the case Donnie Walsh wouldnt be here right now and D'antoni would have quit they want to build a winner by clearing out Isiah's mess and then getting 2 max players( Lebron+ his choice).

This was Walsh and D'antoni's plan right when they came in they knew we were not going to be that good these first 2 years. Now the time is here to see if they can complete their plan.
I don't exactly know how long you have been bashing Lee because I am pretty sure I remember you saying how he is a solid player and wish he could be part of the Knicks core in the future. but don't worry you arent the only fan who starts bashing a player once it is obvious he is leaving.

You mentioned how it is fine to have Gallo getting owned in the paint because the team is already used to the same abuse on Lee. I then brought up that a large part of the reason why the Knicks didn't even get thirty wins is because of the aformentioned rapeage on the interior and that replacing Lee's terrible defence with Gallos would not fix the problem of winning under 30 games.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter who is on the Knicks roster, they will never win anything at all under D'antoni. He literally preaches not playing defense so they can fit in more possessions on offense....................
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It doesn't matter who is on the Knicks roster, they will never win anything at all under D'antoni. He literally preaches not playing defense so they can fit in more possessions on offense....................
lol it's fairly close to that, he only spends 15 minutes of practice working on defense

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya I know we need a point guard but unless we are getting some big time upgrade like a Tony Parker all star caliber type guy I rather ride it with Douglas. I dont really want Parker that much unless its a good deal just not impressed with the 2010 fa point guards.

I know we need more size and talent that's why we wanted to bring in Camby but Portland looked him up for big money so now Walsh is going to find another option. David Lee is a fa if you didn't know so he probably wont be back.
I know he's a free agent, and I think he would be best suited as a bench player. He's incapable of playing the 5 (too small), but he's a nice option at the 4.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I don't exactly know how long you have been bashing Lee because I am pretty sure I remember you saying how he is a solid player and wish he could be part of the Knicks core in the future. but don't worry you arent the only fan who starts bashing a player once it is obvious he is leaving.

You mentioned how it is fine to have Gallo getting owned in the paint because the team is already used to the same abuse on Lee. I then brought up that a large part of the reason why the Knicks didn't even get thirty wins is because of the aformentioned rapeage on the interior and that replacing Lee's terrible defence with Gallos would not fix the problem of winning under 30 games.
I might have said that after the 1st year that Walsh-D'antoni were brought in or when Lee was a fa. But even then I was not happy with the defense David Lee was playing. I also thought about trading David Lee alot since he seemed to be our most valuable asset so that also maybe why I said we should keep him

So if I added two max players you don't think that alone would get the team to win more then 30 games? Yes Gallo would struggle not claiming he is going to come in and be a dominant post defender like all of a sudden he will turn into Kendrick Perkins next year. The difference would be that Gallo actually tries to improve and is willing to get better which is something I would rather have then David Lee. If my defense is not going to be my strong suit anyway I rather have the guy with the height who still has room on his frame and the willingness to get better.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

David Lee is more than a solid player he is a good player...at PF. He should never play center or have to carry your team like he did for us but he does a lot of things very well. He's a monster rebounder, a great passer for a big man, a great finisher around the rim, has developed a very dependable jumper and he can attack the hoop. Now he was an atrocious defender at the 5 because he had to be the guy to protect the paint and battle bigger dudes on D and carry our team on the other end so he started saving his energy for offense. If you put him on a team where he'll have a center next to him who'll protect the paint and a better offensive weapon and he'll be a very good starter for some team.

Still doesn't have a future on our team though. Gallo is going to be our starting PF very soon, he's already miles ahead defensively of Lee, is actually good rebounder when he's not stuck in the corner waiting to take the bailout buzzer beater three. Plus he's a better slasher and shooter than Lee even though he isn't the monster finisher at the rim that Lee is. People have a lot of myths about gallo but after we traded Jeffries dudes was our best defender. He went hard at guys all over the court from bigs like Amare to wings like Melo and even point guards. He's smart, long, tough and has that drive that makes him actually a good defender.

Quote:
Really? Mike D would have a ring right now if Robert Horry didn't shove Nash into the scorer's table. He also regularly took his team deep into the playoffs, he just got the ****** luck of having his best talent in the middle of a Spurs dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
I know he's a free agent, and I think he would be best suited as a bench player. He's incapable of playing the 5 (too small), but he's a nice option at the 4.
As I explain above Lee's a starter, just at the 4. And if he's at the 4 he'll actually be a very good starter provided that your Center isn't Bropez or even Eddy Curry bad on D.

At LT giants:
Lee has improved significantly every summer, the problem is he's never made those same strides on D. Remember as a rookie where Lee was a true garbage player, smart but no skills beyond rebounding and being able to finish around the hoop. That summer he went from bad FT shooter to a very good FT shooter. Then he developed a real jump shot and this year gained the ability to attack the hoop off the dribble and use that to set up his team-mates. Lee's a smart player who's become quite skilled. He just needs to go to a team where he can play the 4 and not have too score as much, also wouldn't hurt if he finally turned that ability to improve to defense instead of developing a 3-ball.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-17-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
David Lee is more than a solid player he is a good player...at PF. He should never play center or have to carry your team like he did for us but he does a lot of things very well. He's a monster rebounder, a great passer for a big man, a great finisher around the rim, has developed a very dependable jumper and he can attack the hoop. Now he was an atrocious defender at the 5 because he had to be the guy to protect the paint and battle bigger dudes on D and carry our team on the other end so he started saving his energy for offense. If you put him on a team where he'll have a center next to him who'll protect the paint and a better offensive weapon and he'll be a very good starter for some team.

Still doesn't have a future on our team though. Gallo is going to be our starting PF very soon, he's already miles ahead defensively of Lee, is actually good rebounder when he's not stuck in the corner waiting to take the bailout buzzer beater three. Plus he's a better slasher and shooter than Lee even though he isn't the monster finisher at the rim that Lee is. People have a lot of myths about gallo but after we traded Jeffries dudes was our best defender. He went hard at guys all over the court from bigs like Amare to wings like Melo and even point guards. He's smart, long, tough and has that drive that makes him actually a good defender.

Really? Mike D would have a ring right now if Robert Horry didn't shove Nash into the scorer's table. He also regularly took his team deep into the playoffs, he just got the ****** luck of having his best talent in the middle of a Spurs dynasty.

As I explain above Lee's a starter, just at the 4. And if he's at the 4 he'll actually be a very good starter provided that your Center isn't Bropez or even Eddy Curry bad on D.

At LT giants:
Lee has improved significantly every summer, the problem is he's never made those same strides on D. Remember as a rookie where Lee was a true garbage player, smart but no skills beyond rebounding and being able to finish around the hoop. That summer he went from bad FT shooter to a very good FT shooter. Then he developed a real jump shot and this year gained the ability to attack the hoop off the dribble and use that to set up his team-mates. Lee's a smart player who's become quite skilled. He just needs to go to a team where he can play the 4 and not have too score as much, also wouldn't hurt if he finally turned that ability to improve to defense instead of developing a 3-ball.
I tend to call him a true hustle player when he first came in but ya I understand your point that he has grown a lot but I am just tired of seeing this new lack of heart no effort on D player that is only concerned about his numbers and getting a contract.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hotcappers.com/lebron-jam...-delonte-west/

Thats why Lebron sucked!

I'm kidding, its just a rumor right now but its the craziest I've heard in a while.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Ewing needs to be fired as Dwight's position coach. Magic fans tend to overrate Howard. He hasn't improved offensively at all in 3 years. ... I take that back. He's grown/matured physically and has added more power to his game, but he still lacks a go to move in the post. I said it before that Ewing needed to go a long time ago. He was a finesse center and that is not Dwight's game. I fear, as long as Ewing is Dwight's coach, nothing is gonna change. I blame SVG for not getting more outta Dwight offensively as well.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Patrick Ewing needs to be fired as Dwight's position coach. Magic fans tend to overrate Howard. He hasn't improved offensively at all in 3 years. ... I take that back. He's grown/matured physically and has added more power to his game, but he still lacks a go to move in the post. I said it before that Ewing needed to go a long time ago. He was a finesse center and that is not Dwight's game. I fear, as long as Ewing is Dwight's coach, nothing is gonna change. I blame SVG for not getting more outta Dwight offensively as well.
I wish that Olajuwon would coach. Howard should go to him in the offseason and just learn post moves, a la Kobe. LeBron should also look to The Dream for Post moves.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I wish that Olajuwon would coach. Howard should go to him in the offseason and just learn post moves, a la Kobe. LeBron should also look to The Dream for Post moves.
Olajuwon was also finesse. David Robinson would be the perfect mentor for Dwight.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Smith spent last summer learning from Hakeem. While he's still not a super skilled player, his improvements in the post have been remarkable this year. In the past he was truly only a dunker with no touch around the basket. Now Smith can comfortably post his man and has so many different spins and up fakes. Smith is a much more skilled post player than Howard and this point and I give the credit to the Dream. If Dwight can make those improvements he will be boss because he already has more natural skill and strength than Smith.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post

No he wouldn't, this is the lamest excuse for losing. I swear I've heard it about a million times. Wahhh Robert Horry made us violate the rules specifically preventing players from doing exactly what we did, nevermind that Nash instigated the whole thing by flopping as hard as he possibly could. Robert Horry miraculously made us lose 3 more times to a vastly superior Spurs team. Honestly I don't feel like I'm taking away from the current Suns team by saying that all of D'antoni's squads were overrated.

You don't win titles by not playing defense.
Run n Gun=fine.
_'antoni=not fine.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Howard had a reliable jumper, that would put him up there with the top centers of all time. He's quick enough to beat centers off the dribble, but there's no reason for them to play him close.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he wouldn't, this is the lamest excuse for losing. I swear I've heard it about a million times. Wahhh Robert Horry made us violate the rules specifically preventing players from doing exactly what we did, nevermind that Nash instigated the whole thing by flopping as hard as he possibly could. Robert Horry miraculously made us lose 3 more times to a vastly superior Spurs team. Honestly I don't feel like I'm taking away from the current Suns team by saying that all of D'antoni's squads were overrated.

You don't win titles by not playing defense.
Run n Gun=fine.
_'antoni=not fine.
That year we might of actually won a title, Cavs made it to the Finals and we would of swept them, Game 1 at home last few minutes Nash busted open his nose and we lost a 5 point lead instantly, Game 3 was the whole Tim Donaghy scandal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

then having to play game 5 at home without Amar'e and Diaw after just taking back home court advantage

Last edited by fenikz : 05-17-2010 at 04:56 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
If Howard had a reliable jumper, that would put him up there with the top centers of all time. He's quick enough to beat centers off the dribble, but there's no reason for them to play him close.
top centers of all time don't get abused by kendrick perkins.

I think he definitely has the potential but let's be realistic here, there's been a lot of real great centers throughout the history of basketball.

Just off the top of my head:
Wilt
Russell
Shaq
Hakeem
David robinson
Kareem
Moses Malone
Patrick Chewing
Bill Walton

That's an elite company to be in.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe is a beast, he's been playing what it seems like the last year and half injured. I wonder what kind of numbers he'd put up right now if he was 100 percent.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Have you seen him shoot FTs? He's never gonna develop a jumper. Never.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight needs to get more lower body strength. He gets pushed out by big centers. he gets that, and he has the athleticism to dunk on any man in the post.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
top centers of all time don't get abused by kendrick perkins.

I think he definitely has the potential but let's be realistic here, there's been a lot of real great centers throughout the history of basketball.

Just off the top of my head:
Wilt
Russell
Shaq
Hakeem
David robinson
Kareem
Moses Malone
Patrick Chewing
Bill Walton

That's an elite company to be in.
I think Dwight Howard can and will have a similar or better career to David Robinson. Determine if that is a good or bad thing.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 05-17-2010 at 06:00 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited for the game. Should be a nice match up for us.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think Dwight Howard can and will have a similar or better career to David Robinson. Determine if that is a good or bad thing.
David Robinson won a scoring title, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
David Robinson won a scoring title, so...
Yeah, Robinson was alot better offensively at this point in his career compared to Howard.. Robinson had that pure lefty stroke that was smooth and he actually could hit some mid rangers and a little more crafty then Howard.

I would give Howard the edge defensively but both players were/are forces in the paint..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Kobe is a beast, he's been playing what it seems like the last year and half injured. I wonder what kind of numbers he'd put up right now if he was 100 percent.
We'll never know, he's never 100 percent

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: I know they play similar positions, but why do Lebron and Dwight absolutely refuse to develop their low post game? It's the main thing holding both of them back from being unstoppable.

The difference between Pau and Dwight in the post during the Finals last year was one of the more underrated facets the Lakers' victory last year. Pau was masterful. Dwight looked clumsy and awkward.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 05-17-2010 at 07:04 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote