Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 04:55 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I cant wait until a team not named the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls, or Rockets wins a championship. Considering these teams have won the championship in 25 of the last 26 years. ughhh.

And as for the Lewis talk...the guy is starting to age rapidly and he's never had that killer instinct. He's never wanted to be the man, and he had all the ability to be that guy, but he never wanted the spotlight. I dont know what happened last year, but for that playoff stretch, he finally played inspired ball, and carried this team on his back. Doesnt look like that's happening this year. As for him being useless if he's not making threes, that's wrong to a point. He has an excellent post game, and he's a fantastic slasher, he just doesnt feel like doing it, which is ridiculous. He's one player that I will never understand. He certainly has the ability to take over a game, he just doesnt have the best attitude to go along with the skill set.

As for some other other notes...is VC even playing defense out there? It's constantly 5 on 4, dammit. Granted Turk wasnt exactly worth the cash he was seeking, but Lee and Turk would have helped us a helluva lot in this ****** series.

People say Turk played bad defense...check out VC. ugh.
LETS GO LAKERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Cause we gonna bring it to anybody who want it
You want it? you gon' get it
Name 'em we gon' hit em, chew em up and spit em out
Too much venom, and if you roll with 'em
We gonna **** you up with 'em
I got too much momentum moving in my direction to lose
My shoes will explode, soon as you go to step in 'em (BOOM)
You know how we do it, when we do, how we do it, when we come through
G-Unit, D-1-2 and Obie, we all move like assassins
Ski masks and glove: Consider this as a warning
Disaster comes faster than you can react to it, just ask Muggs
But we are fizast, **** your little ***** ass up
We are not killers; my vato will have you shot though
Drag through the barrio and ****** like Kim Osario
Little sorry hoe ass, go ask B Real
We burn source covers like ****** Cypress Hill
Did in the 90s, when you was in diapers still
Shady Records, "you better believe the hype is real"
This is no joke, I don't smoke
But I toke enough second hand to make my ****** "P.O." choke
I'm an OG; you ****** with a GI Joe
Bia Bia, mia meo a Vida loc
I'm a psycho, Mariah aint got **** on me
When I retire I'll be spitting baby food on people
At San Ysidro Ranch, huddled up next to her
With Hello Kitty slippers on, humping her legs
You ever had your cap peeled back, or your **** pushed in?
I put my blade in you like a ******* pin cushion
Slice your ear clear off, Smirnoff and indo
I'll show you how to kill a ******* man like Sen Dog
Nobody told you that I'm loco, esse?
I lack every sane chemical in my membrane
I'm Slim Sha..."D" in the "Dy" is for "deez nuts"
And you can get each one for free so feast up
I pee in a cup for three months; I'm having an E party for Easter, please come
Off the Obie Trice album "Cheers"- can't remember the track title though. Good song

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As for some other other notes...is VC even playing defense out there? It's constantly 5 on 4, dammit. Granted Turk wasnt exactly worth the cash he was seeking, but Lee and Turk would have helped us a helluva lot in this ****** series.

People say Turk played bad defense...check out VC. ugh.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a C's fan, I had no worries going into the Magic series this year because they no longer have Turk. He's the only thing they had that the C's couldn't do something about last year.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict the Jazz will go next season.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I predict the Jazz will go next season.
the jazz will go to the finals?

i think the lakers will be on top of the west for maybe 2 or 3 more seasons before they start to decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
the jazz will go to the finals?

i think the lakers will be on top of the west for maybe 2 or 3 more seasons before they start to decline.
PG - D-Will
SG - Wes Matthews
SF - AK-47
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Cole Aldrich

let boozer go

Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PG - D-Will
SG - Wes Matthews
SF - AK-47
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Cole Aldrich

let boozer go
they should've traded boozer when they had the chance.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
they should've traded boozer when they had the chance.
Ya. I like Aldrich to replace Boozer...I think he fits perfectly in that role and they lose very little even in the short-term. They couldn't trade Boozer, though...too much on the line this past season. They'll take the salary dump.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone honestly believe that Paul Pierce's twitter got "hacked"?

suuuuure.

I can't wait til we play the celtics. i hope after we beat them pierce and garnett go up to shake kobe's hand and he just looks at them and gives them one of these:

**** paul pierce.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gah I hate that team. Save Ray Allen. Not a fan of the Cavs either. I just hate most of their personalities...see Sideshow Bob, Mo Williams, Delonte, Lebron to a point. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No ******* James Posey to save you now Celtics
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PG - D-Will
SG - Wes Matthews
SF - AK-47
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Cole Aldrich

let boozer go
I ******* love Wesley Matthews. I am excited to see he has a chance to become a starter.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
No ******* James Posey to save you now Celtics
and no eddie house and PJ Brown suckas.

Last edited by soybean : 05-20-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Ya. I like Aldrich to replace Boozer...I think he fits perfectly in that role and they lose very little even in the short-term. They couldn't trade Boozer, though...too much on the line this past season. They'll take the salary dump.
Aldrich doesn't have nearly as much skill. Boozer's a legit 20-10 threat , Aldrich's ceiling is like 15-8
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a huge fan of determining someone's "ceiling". Some players obviously have more potential than others, but don't put a number on someone's ceiling.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Aldrich doesn't have nearly as much skill. Boozer's a legit 20-10 threat , Aldrich's ceiling is like 15-8
Maybe but IMO, I think he could be a 20-10 guy. He has good range as far as offense goes. Plays good D and he provides the Jazz with a long presence that they were lacking when Okur went down. He's a true PF/C in my opinion.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a C. Doesn't have the footspeed to guard the ever increasing hybrid and mid range 4s.

He has time, but Boozer's so damn skilled. He's the complete package with his back to the basket, and has a nice mid range shot.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I would take Whiteside over Aldrich if I were Utah. Whiteside is a better athlete and has a higher upside.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Whiteside has so much defensive potential. Utah is a great place to develop IF they get a vet center to ease the pressure he would have to produce.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Stan Van Gundy's coaching?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think much of it...the Magic could do much better at the coaching position

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as Metallica would say

Master. Master. MASTER OF PANIC
Masterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr MASTER
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't think much of it...the Magic could do much better at the coaching position
He's better than Doc Rivers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He's a damn good coach. He got robbed out of that title by Pat Riley .