Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Huh where is Childress coming from?
Olympiakos!!!!!!!!!!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayo and z-bo? really?

my lord. Harris, Bropez, T-Will, and hopefully Favor blow that out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

Bosh says he's only interested in signing with one of 5 teams: Toronto, New York, Chicago, LA Lakers, and Miami. He also said he'd prefer to do a sign and trade since he would get more money and one more year.

Looks like Chucky was right about the S&T possibility (I'll take my beating like a man for doubting you ;)).

The article also said that if Lebron goes to NY or Chicago, we may well see Bosh go there as well. This leads me to believe that hearing Lebron wants to play with Bosh (and apparently vice versa) is looking more and more true.

That said, unless the trade involves Deng or Hinrich, I don't want to do a sign and trade for Bosh. I don't want to give up Noah just to get Bosh and pay him more money that we otherwise would. I'm just not that big of a Bosh fan. Now, if the situation was S&T for Bosh in a deal involving Noah, and that's the only way we get Lebron...that might change things...

Damn, dg beat me to the link. Oh well...
There is no way the Raps would agree to a S & T for Hinrich and I highly doubt we would do one for Deng either. No reason for us to take back a huge contract.

Not sure exactly how I feel about the list. I guess it is good that Toronto was put on the list, but I'm sure he jsut did it to avoid pre-emptive controversy. All the teams listed present solid S&T options except Miami. With the Knicks giving up Gallinari, Bulls-Noah, Lakers-Bynum, Miami-Beasley(ew)?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are not giving up Gallo. You would probably either end up doing a double S&t for Lee and Bosh or a deal of Chandler and Curry's contract.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron to Minny? I can dream, can't I?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The Knicks are not giving up Gallo. You would probably either end up doing a double S&t for Lee and Bosh or a deal of Chandler and Curry's contract.
The only way the Raps would take Currys contract is if he didn't pick up his player option, and well we all know that isnt happening. IMO the only way Bosh goes to NY is if LeBron goes there. And if LeBron and Bosh go to NY, then that leaves Gallo as the odd man out making him available in a S&T to Raps.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The only way the Raps would take Currys contract is if he didn't pick up his player option, and well we all know that isnt happening. IMO the only way Bosh goes to NY is if LeBron goes there. And if LeBron and Bosh go to NY, then that leaves Gallo as the odd man out making him available in a S&T to Raps.
Ok we already went over this before Curry's contract is a expiring which is why its valuable. If Curry doesn't pick up his option that means he is a fa right now which makes trading him pointless.

That doesn't leave Gallo as the odd man out at all. D'antoni and Walsh love Gallo they are not going to trade him. One of the main reasons for bringing in two maxes is cause they want them to play with Gallo
Old 05-22-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bron signs with the Knicks, would Bosh be a team guy and accept the lesser money (max contract nonetheless) to team up with Bron and Gallo?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If Bron signs with the Knicks, would Bosh be a team guy and accept the lesser money (max contract nonetheless) to team up with Bron and Gallo?
I fully expect if god decides to bless us with Lebron that Bosh will get a Max contract either in s&t or the most we can offer.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok we already went over this before Curry's contract is a expiring which is why its valuable. If Curry doesn't pick up his option that means he is a fa right now which makes trading him pointless.

That doesn't leave Gallo as the odd man out at all. D'antoni and Walsh love Gallo they are not going to trade him. One of the main reasons for bringing in two maxes is cause they want them to play with Gallo
Currys contract is not ******* expiring, because it would still be against the cap this summer which would mean the Raps would not have the cap flexibility this summer to make offers to FA's THIS SUMMER.

And Gallo would be the odd man out because Bosh and LeBron play both of his possible positions. While they may love Gallo I am sure they love Bosh more, and if they need to give up Gallo to get Bosh I have no doubt they do it
Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
All sources seem to indicate Bosh wanting the extra money that he can only get through a S & T
Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Currys contract is not ******* expiring, because it would still be against the cap this summer which would mean the Raps would not have the cap flexibility this summer to make offers to FA's THIS SUMMER.

And Gallo would be the odd man out because Bosh and LeBron play both of his possible positions. While they may love Gallo I am sure they love Bosh more, and if they need to give up Gallo to get Bosh I have no doubt they do it

Genius Eddy Curry's contract is expiring. You cant trade for contracts that expire in 2010 fa right before the fa period starts.

How many people do you expect to sign anyway only 1 or 2 of the guys that are unsigned out of Toronto got any real pt? At least Eddy Curry can give you some financial relief and more money to play with when you only have like 5 or 6 guys under contract for next summer.

Chandler would be the odd man out not Gallo. Either he would have to play SG or be a sixth man.Bosh can also play center its not that complicated a process to understand. The Knicks are not just going to trade Gallo just cause you feel like that would be the best deal you can get.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Genius Eddy Curry's contract is expiring. You cant trade for contracts that expire in 2010 fa right before the fa period starts.

How many people do you expect to sign anyway only 1 or 2 of the guys that are unsigned out of Toronto got any real pt? At least Eddy Curry can give you some financial relief and more money to play with when you only have like 5 or 6 guys under contract for next summer.

Chandler would be the odd man out not Gallo. Either he would have to play SG or be a sixth man.Bosh can also play center its not that complicated a process to understand. The Knicks are not just going to trade Gallo just cause you feel like that would be the best deal you can get.
Having to pay Eddy Curry to sit on the ******* bench for a whole ******* year as well as having tied up for this existing summer when the Raps could be looking to make other moves is not something the Raptors would want.

Bosh despised playing Center with the Raps his first couple year and I highly doubt he would choose to play Center for the prime of his career. His body can't handle that kind of wear and tear. Chandler is a better fit at SG than Gallo would be at C(or he could be sixth man I guess). And correct the Knicks are not going to trade Gallo because I feel it is the best deal I can get, they woudl trade him if they wanted to get Bosh as he is the only player who would be of value to the Raptors in a sign and trade.

And Chicago and LA offer much better possibilities in a Sign and Trade over the Knicks. Bynum or Noah>>>>>Gallo
Old 05-22-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way the Raps would agree to a S & T for Hinrich and I highly doubt we would do one for Deng either. No reason for us to take back a huge contract.

Not sure exactly how I feel about the list. I guess it is good that Toronto was put on the list, but I'm sure he jsut did it to avoid pre-emptive controversy. All the teams listed present solid S&T options except Miami. With the Knicks giving up Gallinari, Bulls-Noah, Lakers-Bynum, Miami-Beasley(ew)?
Indications seem to be that the Bulls aren't going to give up Noah, at least they'll try really hard not to. Obviously Bosh wants the S&T, it'll be interesting to see how much the Raps can get in return for him. If LBJ goes to the Knicks I think they're the best option, if not and the Lakers win the Finals it may be Miami.

I just wonder if the list is "Hey, here's some teams I'm interested in, put out feelers to see what kind of S&T you can pull off once I decide which of the 4 I'm going to" or "Hey, here's 4 other places I'm willing to go, find the one that'll give you the best deal and I'll go there". I tend to think it's the first, so I wonder how much they'll get in return. Could be wrong though obviously, wouldn't be the first time or the last. We'll see what happens.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Having to pay Eddy Curry to sit on the ******* bench for a whole ******* year as well as having tied up for this existing summer when the Raps could be looking to make other moves is not something the Raptors would want.

Bosh despised playing Center with the Raps his first couple year and I highly doubt he would choose to play Center for the prime of his career. His body can't handle that kind of wear and tear. Chandler is a better fit at SG than Gallo would be at C(or he could be sixth man I guess). And correct the Knicks are not going to trade Gallo because I feel it is the best deal I can get, they woudl trade him if they wanted to get Bosh as he is the only player who would be of value to the Raptors in a sign and trade.

And Chicago and LA offer much better possibilities in a Sign and Trade over the Knicks. Bynum or Noah>>>>>Gallo
You act like you are the one with leverage in a S&t and well you really are not either you lose Bosh for nothing or you gain something of value. Bosh holds all the cards in the situation not Toronto.

I think Bosh would be OK playing Center in D'antoni's system with Lebron considering the fact he did in the Olympics when D'antoni was coaching. Also we could also bring in another Center so Bosh wouldn't have to do it full time every time he is in the game. Chandler is a much better fit at SF then SG anyone who knows his game knows that. Chandler is more likely to be traded then Gallo is who would not be playing center so stop talking stupid.

I am couldn't care less about what you think is better offers in a s&t considering the Knicks are not going to offer you Gallo and your last name is not Colangelo. Also Chicago is probably going to want to stick you with Deng or Hinrich. You better hope you got a lot of good doctors in Canada with Bynum. So have fun with that then rather then taking a s&t deal for Lee or a young player in promise in Chandler pulls a nice size expiring contract.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh, are we heading for another epic LTGiants v. Chucky flame war?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Depending on how much Bosh wants the extra money and years, and at this point it seems like he really wants it, then the Raptors do in fact hold a decent amount of leverage. The Raps would be better off getting 15 million off the books this summer than taking on ****** contracts like Hinrich, Curry, and Deng. The Raptors would only do a sign and trade if it is in their best interest.

Playing two weeks for your country and playing the next 6-7 years for 82 games is very very different. Bosh despised playing Center when he was younger no reason for him to go back to playing it.

And yes...you are correct...my name isn't Colangelo, but yours isn't ******* Walsh either. You know just as little as me...it is all speculation at this point. Again....Curry is not an expiring contract for this summer(which is most important), the Raps would rather have cap relief this summer as opposed to next summer. That is pretty ******* obvious.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Uh oh, are we heading for another epic LTGiants v. Chucky flame war?
Probably
Old 05-22-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Wilson Chandler to the Hornets!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Depending on how much Bosh wants the extra money and years, and at this point it seems like he really wants it, then the Raptors do in fact hold a decent amount of leverage. The Raps would be better off getting 15 million off the books this summer than taking on ****** contracts like Hinrich, Curry, and Deng. The Raptors would only do a sign and trade if it is in their best interest.

Playing two weeks for your country and playing the next 6-7 years for 82 games is very very different. Bosh despised playing Center when he was younger no reason for him to go back to playing it.

And yes...you are correct...my name isn't Colangelo, but yours isn't ******* Walsh either. You know just as little as me...it is all speculation at this point. Again....Curry is not an expiring contract for this summer(which is most important), the Raps would rather have cap relief this summer as opposed to next summer. That is pretty ******* obvious.
No you really don't hold that much Leverage cause if Bosh says look I want to go to NY or Chi now either you can get something for me or get nothing. You really think that if Toronto decides to balk that Bosh wouldn't just sign for the Max deal he can get to the team he wants to go to?

Playing in one system where he didn't enjoy playing Center doesn't mean he would hate playing Center in NY. So yes keep bringing up the fact that in Toronto he played Center in a conventional offense and didnt like it I am sure that really proves he would hate playing Center in a different type of Offense.

No my last name isn't Walsh but at least I actually read about whats going and know certain things like you cant get a 2010 expiring contract after the trading deadline, When players are fa, the basic concept of a S&T you know pretty basic things one should know about when deciding to talk about the topic.

Cap Relief from What? If you are so concerned about your cap I am sure you could move one of your crap contracts in a deal along with Bosh.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Trade Wilson Chandler to the Hornets!
Give us one of Chris Paul or Darren Collison and we will take Emeka Okafor off your Hands plus give you Eddy Curry's contract.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No you really don't hold that much Leverage cause if Bosh says look I want to go to NY or Chi now either you can get something for me or get nothing. You really think that if Toronto decides to balk that Bosh wouldn't just sign for the Max deal he can get to the team he wants to go to?

Playing in one system where he didn't enjoy playing Center doesn't mean he would hate playing Center in NY. So yes keep bringing up the fact that in Toronto he played Center in a conventional offense and didnt like it I am sure that really proves he would hate playing Center in a different type of Offense.

No my last name isn't Walsh but at least I actually read about whats going and know certain things like you cant get a 2010 expiring contract after the trading deadline, When players are fa, the basic concept of a S&T you know pretty basic things one should know about when deciding to talk about the topic.

Cap Relief from What? If you are so concerned about your cap I am sure you could move one of your crap contracts in a deal along with Bosh.
As I previously said, the amount of leverage Toronto has depends on how much Bosh wants those extra Millions of dollars and that extra year, if he wants it a lot and will only sign for that amount then the Raps have tons of leverage if he is willing to sign for less then the Raps would have very little(to zero) leverage. However all indications seem to be that he really wants that extra cash unlike some of the other max guys like Wade and LeBron, Bosh isn't very marketable and doesn't have that extra endorsement money coming in. And yes, I think it is very plausible that he holds out for the biggest contract he can get. We are talking about millions of dollars and an extra year of security not some loose change. And with the new CBA coming up it becomes even more important.

Bosh would still have to guard Centers in D'antonis system. That is what he hated. He has never been/nor ever will be strong enough to handle the wear and tear of banging down low on the defensive end with Centers every night. It is something he despised and I don't see why he would want to do it. Especially if the second big man on the team was gallinari.

Quote:
I mean usually I can decipher what you are trying to say, but other than the fact that yes you can't trade Free Agents(no ****). I have no ******* idea what you said.

What do you mean from what? Taking on Currys contract this year would bring them closer to the cap number than not taking it on. I also don't see how the Raps would be able to dump one of their really bad contracts(Turk or Reggie, so it would end up not being beneficial
Old 05-22-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As I previously said, the amount of leverage Toronto has depends on how much Bosh wants those extra Millions of dollars and that extra year, if he wants it a lot and will only sign for that amount then the Raps have tons of leverage if he is willing to sign for less then the Raps would have very little(to zero) leverage. However all indications seem to be that he really wants that extra cash unlike some of the other max guys like Wade and LeBron, Bosh isn't very marketable and doesn't have that extra endorsement money coming in. And yes, I think it is very plausible that he holds out for the biggest contract he can get. We are talking about millions of dollars and an extra year of security not some loose change. And with the new CBA coming up it becomes even more important.

Bosh would still have to guard Centers in D'antonis system. That is what he hated. He has never been/nor ever will be strong enough to handle the wear and tear of banging down low on the defensive end with Centers every night. It is something he despised and I don't see why he would want to do it. Especially if the second big man on the team was gallinari.

I mean usually I can decipher what you are trying to say, but other than the fact that yes you can't trade Free Agents(no ****). I have no ******* idea what you said.

What do you mean from what? Taking on Currys contract this year would bring them closer to the cap number than not taking it on. I also don't see how the Raps would be able to dump one of their really bad contracts(Turk or Reggie, so it would end up not being beneficial
If Toronto went and balked and continued to Balk at doing a s&t deal for Bosh I highly doubt he is just going to sit there and continue to beg for the extra year and money. Of course he wants it but if Toronto refuses he isn't going to sit and wait for it forever he eventually is going to sign for the max the team he wants to play for can give him.

The Knicks can still bring in a center even with Bosh and Lebron under contract. I am sure that if and hopefully when Bosh and the Knicks meet they will discuss this exact issue. Besides the Knicks don't play d LOL.

Also if Toronto doesn't end up taking on EC's contract they can use that to acquire another Center. So I don't think it would be much of an issue as you want to make it.

Obviously it isn't a no **** for you based on your posts in the Forum mock and still denying the fact that Curry is a expiring contract. I am talking about your posts in the forum mock that you didn't know pretty basic stuff like that Joe Johnson was a fa therefore in order to trade him you have do a S&T. I would tend to believe you should have a basic comprehension of things like that when you are talking about it.

I think the Knicks can at least absorb Reggie Evans in a deal with Bosh. Also Evans only has 1 yr left so idk how he is considered a bad contract that tends to be considered a expiring contract
Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If Toronto went and balked and continued to Balk at doing a s&t deal for Bosh I highly doubt he is just going to sit there and continue to beg for the extra year and money. Of course he wants it but if Toronto refuses he isn't going to sit and wait for it forever he eventually is going to sign for the max the team he wants to play for can give him.

The Knicks can still bring in a center even with Bosh and Lebron under contract. I am sure that if and hopefully when Bosh and the Knicks meet they will discuss this exact issue. Besides the Knicks don't play d LOL.

Also if Toronto doesn't end up taking on EC's contract they can use that to acquire another Center. So I don't think it would be much of an issue as you want to make it.

Obviously it isn't a no **** for you based on your posts in the Forum mock and still denying the fact that Curry is a expiring contract. I am talking about your posts in the forum mock that you didn't know pretty basic stuff like that Joe Johnson was a fa therefore in order to trade him you have do a S&T. I would tend to believe you should have a basic comprehension of things like that when you are talking about it.

I think the Knicks can at least absorb Reggie Evans in a deal with Bosh. Also Evans only has 1 yr left so idk how he is considered a bad contract that tends to be considered a expiring contract
Bosh could always come back and play in Toronto for the max, that deal will always be on the table. And once Wade and LeBron sign other teams could start panicking(Chicago comes to mind) and give up what it takes to get him.

Exactly which center could they bring in? Bosh plays with tons of intensity....hes isn't just gonna accept the mantra that D doesn't matter( I realize it was a joke but still).

Contracts that expire the next summer aren't very valuable during the summer as it severely hinders the flexibility of the the team to make moves during the present summer. Expiring contracts only become valuable during the season when all the decent FAs are gone and trades aren't as common.

In the forum Mock the trade was made during the draft, which is before FA of 2010. Hence Eddy Currys contract would not be considered expiring. I made that pretty ******* clear, yet you still refuse to accept it.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:21 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bosh could always come back and play in Toronto for the max, that deal will always be on the table. And once Wade and LeBron sign other teams could start panicking(Chicago comes to mind) and give up what it takes to get him.

Exactly which center could they bring in? Bosh plays with tons of intensity....hes isn't just gonna accept the mantra that D doesn't matter( I realize it was a joke but still).

Contracts that expire the next summer aren't very valuable during the summer as it severely hinders the flexibility of the the team to make moves during the present summer. Expiring contracts only become valuable during the season when all the decent FAs are gone and trades aren't as common.

In the forum Mock the trade was made during the draft, which is before FA of 2010. Hence Eddy Currys contract would not be considered expiring. I made that pretty ******* clear, yet you still refuse to accept it.
I know Bosh listed Toronto on his list but I really cant see him coming back at all. Maybe Chicago panics but I don't think think Bosh is going to go to Chicago by himself.

They could bring in Emeka in a trade, Brandon Haywood is going to be a fa, Jermanie Oneal will be on the market, Kurt Thomas are just some off the top of my head that they could bring in during FA/Trades. They also can buy a draft pick and draft a center as another option.

I don't expect him to accept ya we don't play D nor will they actually say that. I am sure the Knicks are able to explain their plan's for him on Defense better then I could at 3 in the morning.

Well if you are a team that isn't very attractive to fa might as well get some extra money to play with for next year considering most of your roster is expiring next year as well.I know you tend to not believe that FA are not very interested in playing for Toronto but its true for the most part.

Your still wrong its considered a expiring contract considering the fact you need to have a yr left on your contract in order for it to be expiring. Any contract that expires before 2011 is done and over only 1 yr contracts that end in 2011 are considered expiring for the 2010-2011 season. Which is what we were drafting for.

You still have no comprehension of the simple fact that you can agree to a s&t before July 1st which goes back to my point before that you don't even understand something basic things about how S&T works.