Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2010, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I know Bosh listed Toronto on his list but I really cant see him coming back at all. Maybe Chicago panics but I don't think think Bosh is going to go to Chicago by himself.

They could bring in Emeka in a trade, Brandon Haywood is going to be a fa, Jermanie Oneal will be on the market, Kurt Thomas are just some off the top of my head that they could bring in during FA/Trades. They also can buy a draft pick and draft a center as another option.

I don't expect him to accept ya we don't play D nor will they actually say that. I am sure the Knicks are able to explain their plan's for him on Defense better then I could at 3 in the morning.

Well if you are a team that isn't very attractive to fa might as well get some extra money to play with for next year considering most of your roster is expiring next year as well.I know you tend to not believe that FA are not very interested in playing for Toronto but its true for the most part.

Your still wrong its considered a expiring contract considering the fact you need to have a yr left on your contract in order for it to be expiring. Any contract that expires before 2011 is done and over only 1 yr contracts that end in 2011 are considered expiring for the 2010-2011 season. Which is what we were drafting for.

You still have no comprehension of the simple fact that you can agree to a s&t before July 1st which goes back to my point before that you don't even understand something basic things about how S&T works.
If Bosh really wants the extra dough and no one else can work out a way/want to give it to him I can easily see him coming to Toronto. Chicago is a much much much more viable option for Bosh than NYK, unless the Knicks get LeBron in which case it becomes closer.

I have no clue who the Raps would give up in a trade for Emeka. Brendan Haywood represents the only viable option. Jermaine O'Neal? Are you ******* serious? Kurt Thomas is not a starting center at this point. Centers generally take a while to develop.

Toronto represents a very viable option for FAs, particularily internationals. I mean its not like the Knicks have been pulling in quality FAs in the recent future.

Holy ****...I mean you can consider any contract as expiring because they all expire eventually. But when you talk about expiring contracts the way we talk about them are contracts that are expiring on July 1(or June 30...not really sure how it works) of 2010. After July 1,2010 Eddy Currys would then be considered expiring but during the summer that doesn't hold much value and hence why I hesitate to attach the positive spin and full weight of an expiring contract to him. Expiring contracts are only valued during the season, unless of course you are a team like the Knicks who decided to tank a season to clear cap space(but that is the exception not the norm.)

Hehehe....Jermaine O'Neal....***** please
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Give us one of Chris Paul or Darren Collison and we will take Emeka Okafor off your Hands plus give you Eddy Curry's contract.
I'd trade you Chris Paul and Julian Wright for Chandler and sign and trade for David Lee.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'd trade you Chris Paul and Julian Wright for Chandler and sign and trade for David Lee.
Might as well keep Paul if that's the best you could do.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of Bosh's teams have him being a sidekick. He'd go to Chigcago or New York to be with LeBron, Miami to be with LeBron or Wade, and LA to be with Kobe.

I don't think he'll play for the Raptors next year. He wants to play with a superstar.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
All of Bosh's teams have him being a sidekick. He'd go to Chigcago or New York to be with LeBron, Miami to be with LeBron or Wade, and LA to be with Kobe.

I don't think he'll play for the Raptors next year. He wants to play with a superstar.
Which he should. I don't think he's good enough to carry a team to a title himself, but he'd instantly turn a decent team into a contender as one of the best #2's in the league (IMO only Pau is better).
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Bosh and KG are so eerily similar it's crazy.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Makes me wonder if he would like to be Robin to Tyreke Evans' Batman. ;-)

Not gonna happen though...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Chris Bosh and KG are so eerily similar it's crazy.
I just can't agree with that. KG in his prime was a far better volume rebounder. A far superior help defender and shot blocker. Played the passing lanes better. And lets not forget in his prime KG was one of the top passing big men in league. Bosh isn't even a top 25 passing big man. Yes the differences in their skill sets are minimal but when we are comparing stars those little differences make an enormous difference. It's the reason why Dwade is different from Gilbert Arenas.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Like I said earlier. KG had a few monster rebounding years, but other than that, he was a good rebounder, just like Bosh. Games are so similar. KG recognized he doesn't have the core strength to dominate on the block full time so he developed the outside J. Bosh never had the core strength so his jumper is out of pure necessity. Bosh is a good passer, but Toronto's offense isn't based on him facilitating. It's about him scoring and forcing double teams for the shooters.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I have to say is LeBron + Bosh = devestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bosh will play center if he has too, he needs to realize he can play center.. and if he wants to win why worry about what position you want to play
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Pretty much. Plus with two superstars like them we could load up the bench with quality role players for cheap who want a chance at ring.

The LeBron stock possibility with the Knicks is interesting though. He could make an absurd amount of money by doing that. As could other players.

I still don't think LeBron is coming here, or even Bosh, but it's nice to dream.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwade+Amare>LeBron+Bosh.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
If Bosh really wants the extra dough and no one else can work out a way/want to give it to him I can easily see him coming to Toronto. Chicago is a much much much more viable option for Bosh than NYK, unless the Knicks get LeBron in which case it becomes closer.

I have no clue who the Raps would give up in a trade for Emeka. Brendan Haywood represents the only viable option. Jermaine O'Neal? Are you ******* serious? Kurt Thomas is not a starting center at this point. Centers generally take a while to develop.

Toronto represents a very viable option for FAs, particularily internationals. I mean its not like the Knicks have been pulling in quality FAs in the recent future.

Holy ****...I mean you can consider any contract as expiring because they all expire eventually. But when you talk about expiring contracts the way we talk about them are contracts that are expiring on July 1(or June 30...not really sure how it works) of 2010. After July 1,2010 Eddy Currys would then be considered expiring but during the summer that doesn't hold much value and hence why I hesitate to attach the positive spin and full weight of an expiring contract to him. Expiring contracts are only valued during the season, unless of course you are a team like the Knicks who decided to tank a season to clear cap space(but that is the exception not the norm.)

Hehehe....Jermaine O'Neal....***** please
If Bosh doesn't want to play for Toronto and the Raptors wont give him a S&T why would he continue to sit unsigned and beg for it? Eventually if after Toronto balk's at giving him one he would sign else where for the Max.

How is Chicago a viable option for Bosh without Lebron?

Emeka Okafor plays for the Hornets and the Hornets are looking to clear salary. I wasn't even talking about Emeka going to the Raptors I was saying there are options if Bosh doesn't want to play center. Jermaine Oneal can still come off the bench and be a backup not that I expect the Knicks to go after or want him I was just naming the first bunch of fa centers I could think off the top of my head. I didn't say anything about Kurt Thomas or Oneal starting so ok thanks for that update

Who are you going to get to go to Toronto Chucky? I will ask again cause you seem to not answer the question. Toronto is more attractive to Fa's then NY really? Yes lets bring up the fact the Knicks have had stupid management and how the Knicks didn't want to overspend on FA's for two years I am sure that proves how Toronto is more attractive then NY.

No that is without the dumbest **** I have ever heard you cant consider every contract as expiring cause it eventually will that is without the dumbest comment I have ever read here and I was here for GRF. Idiot I will say it again for you maybe this time you will understand you cant get a 2010 expiring contract anymore. It doesn't matter about before July 1st you cant consider it a expiring contract cause your technically a fa before July 1st you just can sign anywhere.

Once your season is over if you are not under contract for 2011 that means your a FA. Now here is the tricky part that you apparently still don't understand if you only have 1 year left on your contract that means its a expiring contract. Therefore anyone with 1 year left on there contract for the 2010-2011 season would be a expiring contract. Its really not a complicated process you either have to be the dumbest sob in the world or you are intentionally doing this to try and make my head explode reading your stupidity.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depending on how much Bosh wants the extra money and years, and at this point it seems like he really wants it, then the Raptors do in fact hold a decent amount of leverage. The Raps would be better off getting 15 million off the books this summer than taking on ****** contracts like Hinrich, Curry, and Deng. The Raptors would only do a sign and trade if it is in their best interest.

Playing two weeks for your country and playing the next 6-7 years for 82 games is very very different. Bosh despised playing Center when he was younger no reason for him to go back to playing it.

And yes...you are correct...my name isn't Colangelo, but yours isn't ******* Walsh either. You know just as little as me...it is all speculation at this point. Again....Curry is not an expiring contract for this summer(which is most important), the Raps would rather have cap relief this summer as opposed to next summer. That is pretty ******* obvious.
While I don't think the Raptors will have to take on a bad contract, I wonder if they'll have to just take a decent deal from the team he wants to go to or actually be able to shop. For some teams that doesn't make a big difference. It seems like David Lee might be involved in a deal with the Knicks from rumors, Miami can't offer much more than Beasley, the Lakers are pretty much down to Bynum. The Bulls probably would prefer giving up Taj Gibson + picks which isn't an awful return since Gibson is serviceable and cheap and they can offer the best package of picks (with the future first from Toronto that has a better shot of being a high lotto pick than any other pick that a team getting Bosh could offer the Raps) but if Toronto can shop for a good deal Noah is obviously way better than that.

The Lakers and Knicks getting Bosh are pretty much contingent on things, don't think the Lakers blow up the team after winning a ring and don't think the Knicks have any shot without Lebron. If the Lakers lose or the Knicks get Lebron I'd imagine those teams become the favorites. But if neither happens you're looking at Miami or Chicago, and I wonder if that Gibson+picks package is better than anything the Heat can offer anyway since Beasley has little value and any future picks that the Heat will trade are going to be bottom of round 1 picks.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
While I don't think the Raptors will have to take on a bad contract, I wonder if they'll have to just take a decent deal from the team he wants to go to or actually be able to shop. For some teams that doesn't make a big difference. It seems like David Lee might be involved in a deal with the Knicks from rumors, Miami can't offer much more than Beasley, the Lakers are pretty much down to Bynum. The Bulls probably would prefer giving up Taj Gibson + picks which isn't an awful return since Gibson is serviceable and cheap and they can offer the best package of picks (with the future first from Toronto that has a better shot of being a high lotto pick than any other pick that a team getting Bosh could offer the Raps) but if Toronto can shop for a good deal Noah is obviously way better than that.

The Lakers and Knicks getting Bosh are pretty much contingent on things, don't think the Lakers blow up the team after winning a ring and don't think the Knicks have any shot without Lebron. If the Lakers lose or the Knicks get Lebron I'd imagine those teams become the favorites. But if neither happens you're looking at Miami or Chicago, and I wonder if that Gibson+picks package is better than anything the Heat can offer anyway since Beasley has little value and any future picks that the Heat will trade are going to be bottom of round 1 picks.
Again...there ability to shop all depends on how much he wants that extra dough. The Raps would probably be able to get a better deal than Gibson and picks. Beasley would be awful, although I think he would play better in Toronto just as we don't have a scorer like Wade. Still, Beasley has more value than Gibson right now imo.

However, I am just praying the Lakers lose at this point, as Bynum would be perfect.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again...there ability to shop all depends on how much he wants that extra dough. The Raps would probably be able to get a better deal than Gibson and picks. Beasley would be awful, although I think he would play better in Toronto just as we don't have a scorer like Wade. Still, Beasley has more value than Gibson right now imo.

However, I am just praying the Lakers lose at this point, as Bynum would be perfect.
Ability to shop also depends on whether or not the Raps find something they'd rather have than losing him for nothing too. Bosh and the Raptors can call each other's bluffs, but don't make it seem like Bosh is the only one with something to lose. Toronto obviously benefits from any S&T as well. The best options for the Raptors are if the Knicks win the Bron sweepstakes or the Lakers don't win the Finals, otherwise I don't think they're getting much in return.

Also a little surprised you're not more leery of Bynum. He's got a huge contract and some knee issues, definitely the most talented player you can bring back but there's a massive potential downside.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If Bosh doesn't want to play for Toronto and the Raptors wont give him a S&T why would he continue to sit unsigned and beg for it? Eventually if after Toronto balk's at giving him one he would sign else where for the Max.

How is Chicago a viable option for Bosh without Lebron?

Emeka Okafor plays for the Hornets and the Hornets are looking to clear salary. I wasn't even talking about Emeka going to the Raptors I was saying there are options if Bosh doesn't want to play center. Jermaine Oneal can still come off the bench and be a backup not that I expect the Knicks to go after or want him I was just naming the first bunch of fa centers I could think off the top of my head. I didn't say anything about Kurt Thomas or Oneal starting so ok thanks for that update

Who are you going to get to go to Toronto Chucky? I will ask again cause you seem to not answer the question. Toronto is more attractive to Fa's then NY really? Yes lets bring up the fact the Knicks have had stupid management and how the Knicks didn't want to overspend on FA's for two years I am sure that proves how Toronto is more attractive then NY.

No that is without the dumbest **** I have ever heard you cant consider every contract as expiring cause it eventually will that is without the dumbest comment I have ever read here and I was here for GRF. Idiot I will say it again for you maybe this time you will understand you cant get a 2010 expiring contract anymore. It doesn't matter about before July 1st you cant consider it a expiring contract cause your technically a fa before July 1st you just can sign anywhere.

Once your season is over if you are not under contract for 2011 that means your a FA. Now here is the tricky part that you apparently still don't understand if you only have 1 year left on your contract that means its a expiring contract. Therefore anyone with 1 year left on there contract for the 2010-2011 season would be a expiring contract. Its really not a complicated process you either have to be the dumbest sob in the world or you are intentionally doing this to try and make my head explode reading your stupidity.
Toronto was still on the list. He hasn't officially ruled out playing with them. I would say there is still a chance he comes back, and if Toronto is the only team that can get him those extra millions he may deem it as worth it.

Toronto is a very large city and offers a great destination for international player as seen with Hedo picking Toronto last year. I don't think Toronto is better but realistically NY has not brought in any prime FA's over the past 5 years, so you can keep saying how great it is but until they start signing players their is no real merit to it.

Carlos Boozer is still considered a member of the Utah Jazz, David Lee is still a Knick and until July 1st(or June 30th) they will continue to part of that team. I no longer want to argue this stupid technicality with you, because as I previously said Contracts that expire in 2011 have very little value in the summer of 2010.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Ability to shop also depends on whether or not the Raps find something they'd rather have than losing him for nothing too. Bosh and the Raptors can call each other's bluffs, but don't make it seem like Bosh is the only one with something to lose. Toronto obviously benefits from any S&T as well. The best options for the Raptors are if the Knicks win the Bron sweepstakes or the Lakers don't win the Finals, otherwise I don't think they're getting much in return.

Also a little surprised you're not more leery of Bynum. He's got a huge contract and some knee issues, definitely the most talented player you can bring back but there's a massive potential downside.
No the knicks are a terrible option..didn't you hear they are only willing to offer Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry. Also, I highly doubt Bosh would go to NYK to play Center for teh prime of his career, they would need to find a legit C along with LeBron which would likely be pretty difficult.

I am worried about his knee issues of course, but the guy is only 22 years old. He would also instantly be the second best Center in the East and allow Bargnani to slide over to the 4 and give us a lethal inside/outside combo of big men.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Toronto was still on the list. He hasn't officially ruled out playing with them. I would say there is still a chance he comes back, and if Toronto is the only team that can get him those extra millions he may deem it as worth it.

Toronto is a very large city and offers a great destination for international player as seen with Hedo picking Toronto last year. I don't think Toronto is better but realistically NY has not brought in any prime FA's over the past 5 years, so you can keep saying how great it is but until they start signing players their is no real merit to it.

Carlos Boozer is still considered a member of the Utah Jazz, David Lee is still a Knick and until July 1st(or June 30th) they will continue to part of that team. I no longer want to argue this stupid technicality with you, because as I previously said Contracts that expire in 2011 have very little value in the summer of 2010.
He isn't going to just say **** Toronto he obviously isn't going to rule them out and then demand a S&T. Toronto wouldn't want to do business with him at all then.

Did anyone else want Hedo outside of Toronto and Portland? If Hedo is your best example of how Toronto is a more attractive option then NY then you are really reaching.

Carlos Boozer is considered a FA David Lee also is considered a FA. They are not part of the team once there contracts expire after their teams are done playing. If they were RFA they would be considered a Jazz or a Knick but they aren't. Like I said considering you are not really players in 2010 you might as well look to improve your chances in 2011.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No the knicks are a terrible option..didn't you hear they are only willing to offer Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry. Also, I highly doubt Bosh would go to NYK to play Center for teh prime of his career, they would need to find a legit C along with LeBron which would likely be pretty difficult.

I am worried about his knee issues of course, but the guy is only 22 years old. He would also instantly be the second best Center in the East and allow Bargnani to slide over to the 4 and give us a lethal inside/outside combo of big men.
I didn't say they are only willing to offer Chandler and Curry. I also said they could offer a double S&T with Lee earlier when your to busy trying to convince yourself you could get Gallo.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Where should I go next season and why?
followed by

Quote:
Should I stay or Should I go?
He has basically gone out and said its unlikely that he remains and this is just via his Twitter. I'm sorry Chucky that you think its possible that your boy remains, but I would think he just added Toronto to the list in order not to be abused everywhere he went if he is there. It just takes some convincing, but I find it funny in my mind that the Knicks will likely be screwed just because Bosh will center his decision on where LeBron goes, and in order to entice LeBron to NY, we will likely have to sign Bosh first. IDK how it will shape up.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He isn't going to just say **** Toronto he obviously isn't going to rule them out and then demand a S&T. Toronto wouldn't want to do business with him at all then.

Did anyone else want Hedo outside of Toronto and Portland? If Hedo is your best example of how Toronto is a more attractive option then NY then you are really reaching.

Carlos Boozer is considered a FA David Lee also is considered a FA. They are not part of the team once there contracts expire after their teams are done playing. If they were RFA they would be considered a Jazz or a Knick but they aren't. Like I said considering you are not really players in 2010 you might as well look to improve your chances in 2011.
Or you know he is actually still considering coming back to Toronto. That is still a possibility.

I am not sure, but it is the reason that Hedo came to Toronto. He came because of the strong multicultural communities in Toronto. Which helps show Torontos allure to internationals. Again...never said it is more attractive but I find it funny when every keeps going on about how awesome New York is as a destination yet no one goes there.

Most teams shouldn't be willing to just throw away seasons. I would be furious if Toronto just threw away next season in hopes of getting Free Agents in 2011
Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
followed by

He has basically gone out and said its unlikely that he remains and this is just via his Twitter. I'm sorry Chucky that you think its possible that your boy remains, but I would think he just added Toronto to the list in order not to be abused everywhere he went if he is there. It just takes some convincing, but I find it funny in my mind that the Knicks will likely be screwed just because Bosh will center his decision on where LeBron goes, and in order to entice LeBron to NY, we will likely have to sign Bosh first. IDK how it will shape up.
I agree Toronto isn't neccesary the frontrunner(I don't really know if there is one at this point), but to say there is no chance that he comes back is just stupid.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree Toronto isn't neccesary the frontrunner(I don't really know if there is one at this point), but to say there is no chance that he comes back is just stupid.
LOL, well call me stupid, but I don't think its too far of a reach to say he is gone. Too many signs, and too many comments have kind of nailed the door shut on this one. The only way I see him returning is if the Raps say they will sign and trade him, and then eventually re-neg on their deal.

Quote: