Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Brook Lopez > Shaq
Demarcus Cousins/Yi Jianlian > Antawn Jamison/Anderson Verajao
Terence Williams/Courtney Lee/CDR > Anthony Parker/Delonte West
Devin Harris = Mo Williams

The Nets with Lebron > The Cavs with Lebron.
The sum of the parts in NJ did not match the overall product as is often the case with professional sports teams who have historically awful seasons. In a sport that is the consummate team game, the Nets had absolutely no team chemistry.

You could put the same players together for a 2nd go-round and probably improve by at least 5 wins just by putting them in an environment where they could gel.

As a result, I do not believe we can definitively make a talent vs. talent comparison between the two teams.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
well if he did say something closer to "I'm Leaving" then yes I would say 100% he is leaving. The previous comments pretty much just show that he is open to leaving. It is impossible to get that he is 100% leaving from those comments. Again based on that 5 team list....LeBron staying pretty much eliminates Chicago and New York, Amare going to Miami eliminates Miami, and the Lakers winning eliminates the Lakers....leaving....you guessed it....Toronto. Those three scenarios are all very realistic imo
Maybe it's the homer in me, but I think Chicago is still a legit option even if Lebron doesn't come. He'd have an opportunity to play with an up and coming player and with a team that did better than his last year and desperately needs a player like him. In fact the best reason by far to stay in Toronto would be for the extra money if a S&T can't be worked out IMO. Tough to stay with a team that didn't make the playoffs last year with you on it if you want to win, which it certainly seems like he does based on that list.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Maybe it's the homer in me, but I think Chicago is still a legit option even if Lebron doesn't come. He'd have an opportunity to play with an up and coming player and with a team that did better than his last year and desperately needs a player like him. In fact the best reason by far to stay in Toronto would be for the extra money if a S&T can't be worked out IMO. Tough to stay with a team that didn't make the playoffs last year with you on it if you want to win, which it certainly seems like he does based on that list.
I could see a fit for Bosh in Chicago even without LeBron. First you've got the very good Rose at PG and then you have a guy like Noah whose physical low game seems to complement Bosh's game very well. That's a solid threesome to build a team around.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The sum of the parts in NJ did not match the overall product as is often the case with professional sports teams who have historically awful seasons. In a sport that is the consummate team game, the Nets had absolutely no team chemistry.

You could put the same players together for a 2nd go-round and probably improve by at least 5 wins just by putting them in an environment where they could gel.

As a result, I do not believe we can definitively make a talent vs. talent comparison between the two teams.
Well actually, my original point was that Lebron would be better off in the future being on the Nets.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
It seems to me like New York and Chicago were included becuase of his desire to play with LeBron. Could be wrong though.

Also...Chicago was an 8 seed and if LeBron doesn't sit out that game Toronto would have been the 8 seed. I doubt he puts too much value in Chicago finishing one game ahead of Toronto.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yes an no about the chemistry. we had a bunch of young guys adjusting to new teammates, roles etc, a fair amount of injuries and one of, if not THE worst, coach in the NBA.

for the future, with age and arguably talent, the Nets give Lebron a better shot to win than the Cavs.

I mean, a lineup of Harris-Lee-Lebron-Favors-Bropez. well, that just gives me boners.
but I really don't expect Lebron, and would be perfectly fine with some combo of Rudy Cool and Boozer, Amar'e, David Lee etc. Bring in someone like Favors in the draft to learn from them and mature and be a force off the bench and a future starter. yea, I like the sound of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was Lebron I would sign with the Bucks.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well actually, my original point was that Lebron would be better off in the future being on the Nets.
Yeah.... I noticed that after I made that post. My Bad.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another concern: One GM told ESPN he expects James to sign with Chicago, Cleveland to accept Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade, and Chicago then having the money to pursue Wade or Bosh. James also could persuade Bosh to join him in New York.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/1...re-within.html

Mostly crap about the Heat signing 3 max deals, but found that note worthy, haven't seen anything about a LBJ sign and trade with a team other than the Mavs.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't buy any of these stars signing with each other, with the one exception of LeBron and Bosh but I don't even believe that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see Wade and Amare

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gah this is ugly. I really want to trade VC in the off-season. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i see Wade and Amare
See that I could actually see happening since Amare has never been "the man" on his team. But Dwade, LeBron, Bosh, Dirk, I can't see happening.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy jeez Magic suck.

And I think LBJ/Bosh and Wade/Amare both happen. Perhaps Wade/LBJ. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo is officially my favorite non Timberwolf.

Ok he's my favorite player besides Kevin Love.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no scenario should Jason Williams have allowed Rajon Rondo to have get that loose ball.

Pretty disgusting to see.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ps. Am i the only one that thinks Lamar Odom has more value as a player than Amare Stoudemire? He's a PF that can't rebound. Those players are not highly covetted.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Ps. Am i the only one that thinks Lamar Odom has more value as a player than Amare Stoudemire? He's a PF that can't rebound. Those players are not highly covetted.

Amare is one of if not the most offensively skilled 4 men in the NBA so I disagree but it's not as far off as most people would think given his tendency to be lazy and a horrible defender.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Ugh wow Magic have no heart. With potentially many East teams getting big time powerhouse players the Magic have a chance to become a team who fades down because of the financial binds.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching this Orlando team, makes me just want to blow the whole damn team up now. This is what you get Otis. grrrrr. Acquiring VC was such a dud move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

It's the Glen Davis show!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think there's a solid talent-for-talent argument with the Nets v. Cavs. The kicker is the fact that the Nets are not cap-strapped, and LeBron will have more say in who they bring in to play with him.

Harris and Lopez is an ideal #2 & #3 combo to pair with James. Harris is a younger, better version of Mo Williams, and Lopez is developing into an all-around center. LeBron already knows how ot play with these players having played with Mo and Z.

The Nets have can sign another big contract, have 3 good draft picks, and what they'll have left will form a strong bench. I think they should draft Favors, which gives them a base starting 5 of:
1. Harris
2. (Terrence Williams by default)
3. James
4. Favors
5. Lopez

That gives them a lot of options with the rest of that money.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Holy jeez Magic suck.

And I think LBJ/Bosh and Wade/Amare both happen. Perhaps Wade/LBJ. :D
I like Wade, LBJ, and Amare/Bosh in Miami... They've all played together, and it'd work nicely. Michael Beasley isn't a half-bad 4th option either...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Watching this Orlando team, makes me just want to blow the whole damn team up now. This is what you get Otis. grrrrr. Acquiring VC was such a dud move.
They're not in terrible shape. VC is an expiring contract (essentially). Whatever team that misses out in FA this year will look at taking on VC for a year.

I'm sure he and Tracy McGrady both regret splitting up that Toronto team.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Beasley stopped caring about basketball already. Adding another guy like Stat will make him completely give up.