Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Maybe you'll get 2 out of 3 wrong again this time! Haha, sorry.
These are not predictions and they are not bold either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Who'd you like for a starting PG? Like, really, a legitimate, acquirable option for next season?
Simple, in the draft, I want Armon Johnson.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
These are not predictions and they are not bold either.
Haha. I really don't think Dwight contributes much to the problem of the Magic. He is an good defender who can score with relative effectiveness. If he could develop a post game though he could be an elite center, but as is the case he's still a damn fine player.

Van Gundy is fine, I just don't think his style fits what the Orlando Magic should be about. They live and die by the three but with Dwight they need to develop into more of a pick and roll, conventional half court offense. Of course having a PG who could run that offense would be useful. Jameer is basically a two guard without the size.

They also need someone to pair next to Dwight to help shut down the paint. Obviously Lewis doesn't do that. Bass is more of a conventional PF but even he might not be in the mold of what you need there.

Also you need to get rid of Vince Carter. He hurts your team more than anything with his porous defense and bad shot attempts.

The Magic aren't far off but the clearly need to make a few critical moves in hopes to compete for a title.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Vince gets bashed but did anyone notice Rashard Lewis do anything? ...like anything at all?

Should Orlando look to trade Rashard Lewis?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Obviously its not a wash...but when players say they want to go to winning teams that they can win championships on...they don't think of going to 8 seeds. Before Bosh got injured(probably more like 5-10 games before that) the Raps were the 5th seed with a legit shot at moving up. Of course they faltered and fell pretty hard, but that potential is still there
Right, well on the flip side the Bulls were banged up all year and are a young team that's going to get better anyway. There's potential on both sides of the table. My point was in a scenario where the Lakers win the championship and don't want to mess with the team, the Knicks don't get Bron, Toronto and Miami can't work out a S&T/Amare or Boozer ends up with the Heat early on...the Bulls probably still have a shot with an up and coming PG and a center who would pair nicely with Bosh. I don't think it would necessarily be a slam dunk - I personally think the supporting cast in Chicago is better - but he'd certainly have to think about it and I think it would be a strong option. At the same time I'm not delusional, Miami with cap space, Knicks with Bron, and Lakers are all clearly better situations than Chicago without Bron. But if things play out a certain way, it's worth considering IMO.

That said, I'm wondering how the Bulls would even pull off a S&T for Bosh after James signs as there are rumors that's a possibility. Even if they deal Deng to the Cavs in that situation they'd still need to clear probably at least 5 million in cap space somehow. Not sure how they'd clear all of that in a deal with Toronto when they'd clearly need help from the Raptors to take enough salary to be able to pull it off. Apparently it's somehow doable as nobody has said the rumor makes no sense yet, but I think it could be tough.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Bosh has been in attendance for the last couple Laker Play off games, so that kind of makes me wonder. I know we were rumored in trading for him earlier in the year, and let me tell ya.....if we landed Bosh i would be one happy camper. We could tell Bynum to get ****** and get a superstar like Bosh....love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post

He's going to be a top 5 player very soon.
Absolutely not.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Absolutely not.
He meant one of the Top 5 in games missed due to injury.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He meant one of the Top 5 in games missed due to injury.
Oh I thought he meant one of the 5 best players on the Golden State Warriors, Ellis has a shot at that one too!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That said, I'm wondering how the Bulls would even pull off a S&T for Bosh after James signs as there are rumors that's a possibility. Even if they deal Deng to the Cavs in that situation they'd still need to clear probably at least 5 million in cap space somehow. Not sure how they'd clear all of that in a deal with Toronto when they'd clearly need help from the Raptors to take enough salary to be able to pull it off. Apparently it's somehow doable as nobody has said the rumor makes no sense yet, but I think it could be tough.
That would be where you include Joakim Noah so that the Raps would be willing to take on a bit of contract.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Chris Bosh has been in attendance for the last couple Laker Play off games, so that kind of makes me wonder. I know we were rumored in trading for him earlier in the year, and let me tell ya.....if we landed Bosh i would be one happy camper. We could tell Bynum to get ****** and get a superstar like Bosh....love it!
I would ******* love that. Bynum and Bargnani FTW
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D Unit you guys should bring Rafer back!

Armon Johnson is sick though too, but Rafer was legit last year as a backup
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I would ******* love that. Bynum and Bargnani FTW
Bynum still has a ways to go.

I love his future but Bosh would make me much happier

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Or maybe he's watching the Suns.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Or maybe he's watching the Suns.
nope, thats nonsense.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Absolutely not.
EvilNixon is delusional when it comes to Monta.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vince gets bashed but did anyone notice Rashard Lewis do anything? ...like anything at all?

Should Orlando look to trade Rashard Lewis?
Lewis is a big problem too, but at least he can shoot.

And no one is going to take that albatross of a contract.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
The Magic aren't going anywhere until Dwight Howard dramatically increases his skill level. He can't dominate against the better teams which takes away open shots and driving lanes for his teammates. The only move he can rely upon is his running jump hook.

They also need a banger at the 4 position. Anderson and Lewis are shooters. Also, how does Lewis manage to average less than 5 rebounds per game?
It is called Brandon Bass... unbelievable how much pt he has seen..

And Rashard lewis has been somewhat exposed in this series.. If Dwight can't consistently score in the paint with a variety of moves (which the Celts already seem to knew), they can cover the shooters for Orlando pretty easily.
Go Amare.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

... and SVG has no solution to that and he's failed to develop anyone. Probably the most overrated coach in the league. Haven't seen him make a single adjustment that has worked in this series.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Live by the 3.......................... die by the 3

Where was the game 2 Dwight at yesterday
Go Amare.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How am I delusional? Elite scorer and solid defender.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
How am I delusional? Elite scorer and solid defender.
Other than this year, he has never averaged more than 21 points per game in a 5 year career. That isn't even close to elite. It's not even great. He's a good scorer.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Ellis as a 3rd or even 2nd scorer though is legit.. 21 a game for his size is pretty good iowatreat.. but yeah not a great scorer ala Durant type/melo
Go Amare.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Ellis as a 3rd or even 2nd scorer though is legit.. 21 a game for his size is pretty good iowatreat.. but yeah not a great scorer ala Durant type/melo
Oh, absolutely. He's a really good player and really good scorer. I don't want to take anything away from him in that regard.

But to say he's an elite scorer is borderline mentally disabled.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

But to say he's an elite scorer is borderline mentally disabled.
Have you been paying attention to other things EvilNixon has said? This should come of no surprise.