Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I never said he was top 5, I said he will be top 5 very soon.
No way, man. Even if you take out guys like Kobe and Dirk (which I don't agree with) there are a ton of guys that are just clearly better. Even if Ellis explodes, he has no chance of breaking past guys like Lebron, Wade, Melo, Durant, Chris Paul, or Deron Williams (and plenty of others too imo) unless injuries kill them. He just isnt good enough.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol. Mocking me is only proving my point that you can't counter anything I've said.
Guy, all youve said is your opinion is more valid than everyone else so therefor your opinion is right. Ive seen you make a few posts as to why certain players arent all that good (Durant, Rose etc), but dont think Ive actually seen you say what it is that is so good about your man crush Monta. Plenty of people have countered some of your ridiculous claims on guys like Durant. People have now starting mocking you because youre being inane. You just keep repeating that you watch so much basketball so youre right and everyone else is wrong, how exactly does one counter a superiority complex?

Monta Ellis is an undersized combo guard whose stats are inflated due to a bad team and an offense that takes 200 shots a game.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
You can't counter my assertion that there are aliens watching our every move, planning to strike with world destroying fury in December 2012. Therefore, there must be aliens watching our every move, planning to strike with world destroying fury in December 2012.
How many alien invasions have you seen? It better be high or you can just give up now.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course. When you can't respond, you state completely irrelevant things. Coo. The internet is a beautiful place.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Phil Jackson just called Craig Sager the good humor ice cream man.
Only Sager could pull off that pink suit...Fashion statement if I've ever seen one.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course. When you can't respond, you state completely irrelevant things. Coo. The internet is a beautiful place.
but what have you actually said other than just saying Monta will be top 5 because he's a good scorer and defender? All you said is that, and that we don't know anything because we don't watch him...
literally every response to your claims you've just came back with, you don't watch him so your assessments are blind.

anyway, Nash just dropping dimes, and Frye...c'mon man. 0-7? that's Yi like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Guy, all youve said is your opinion is more valid than everyone else so therefor your opinion is right. Ive seen you make a few posts as to why certain players arent all that good (Durant, Rose etc), but dont think Ive actually seen you say what it is that is so good about your man crush Monta. Plenty of people have countered some of your ridiculous claims on guys like Durant. People have now starting mocking you because youre being inane. You just keep repeating that you watch so much basketball so youre right and everyone else is wrong, how exactly does one counter a superiority complex?

Monta Ellis is an undersized combo guard whose stats are inflated due to a bad team and an offense that takes 200 shots a game.
All I've said are things that can be seen with the eye. I've watched them play. Tangible things like foot speed looking to shoot can be measured(not by any physical means of course) I've repeated Monta's ability. I'll go and requote it for you after this.

No, they haven't. I said Dirk and KD's games we're similar. Random guy says KD put up Jordan numbers. Completely irrelevant.

Insane because I don't agree? Because I don't take my opinions from others. If you don't watch a guy play, how can you assert anything about that guy. Explain that to me.

I hate that stat inflation bull. Dwayne Wade had the ball in his hands the most last year. Disregard his stats too. He's forced to take shot after shot. Stephen Curry was timid. Mag was inconsistent. and there was no one else. We played with 3 D Leaguers and they played a ton of minutes.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's got the complete game. Fastest player in basketball. Can finish over or around anyone. Mid range and 3pt games have come along mightily since his rookie year. Solid man defender with great ball awareness and stealing ability. Has above average play making ability and a top dog mentality.
That is why he'll be top 5
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is why he'll be top 5
those are all claims i could make by looking at his career stats on espn, it doesn't tell me that he's better than anyone.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

I didn't know they measured ball awareness or body control.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't know they measured ball awareness or body control.
you said he could finish, something i could assume from looking at field goal percentage. i'm not saying it would be right. i'm also not sure what you mean by ball awareness.

anyway, look at your own description. that player to me sounds like a fantastic scorer, but i'd say that's it. describe lebron or kobe to me. all-nba defenders, leaders, both have the ability to will their teams to victory. these are things that i think ellis will never have. he's a me-first scorer, not a me-first playmaker (entailing passing and scoring).

anyway lost is on, so i need to stop this now.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Kobe is not an all NBA defender and neither is LeBron.

lmao @ Kobe not being a me first scorer, but Monta is. Kobe is the poster boy along with A.I. for selfish me first scorers.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight should develop a game closer to Shaq. Shaq never had that much skill could be finnesse when he wanted to but the most important part is that he used his big body and strength to his advantage.

It's no secret D-ho is probably the strongest if not the biggest player in the league. If he used his body to push guys around, take advantage of spin moves and posting them up as well as top notch court vision, he'll no doubt be an elite player. He doesn't need a 20 foot jump shot etc.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things:

If Marc Gasol turns out to be anything like his brother, (probably wont be that good) but with a good point that Memphis team is sick.

D Fish is the ultimae road warrior.. 18 points still in the 3rd
Who would thunk it, and Shannon Brown is possibly the most athletic player in the league
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Insane because I don't agree? Because I don't take my opinions from others. If you don't watch a guy play, how can you assert anything about that guy. Explain that to me.
To explain this to you I will first have to point out that I called you and your argument inane, not insane.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amare is Gasol's *****. Wow.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Larceny?

Rashard Lewis, Eastern Conference Finals, Game 1: 2-10 FG, 0-6 3PT, 2 TO, 6 points
Rashard Lewis, Eastern Conference Finals, Game 2: 2-6 FG, 1-3 3PT, 1 TO, 5 points
Rashard Lewis, Eastern Conference Finals, Game 3: 2-8 FG, 0-4 3PT, 4 TO, 4 points
Rashard Lewis, Eastern Conference Finals, total: 6-24 FG, 1-13 3PT, 7 TO, 15 points

Rashard Lewis, 2009-2010 salary: $18,876,000
Rashard Lewis, 2010-2011 salary: $20,514,000
Rashard Lewis, 2011-2012 salary: $22,152,000
Rashard Lewis, 2012-2013 salary: $23,790,000

Rashard Lewis, salary owed by the Magic for this and the next three seasons: $85,332,000
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers should trade Odom for Amare and bynum for Bosh.

Fisher, Kobe, Amare, Gasol and Bosh.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Rashard Lewis, salary owed by the Magic for this and the next three seasons: $85,332,000
Bad signing in the first place. I don't trust power forwards that don't/can't rebound.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
To explain this to you I will first have to point out that I called you and your argument inane, not insane.
I'd read insane a few times and assumed a typo. Excuse me. It's a basketball discussion. Everything in this thread is inane lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe is not an all NBA defender and neither is LeBron.
You're insane. Both players are among the top 2-3 players at their positions defensively. Defensive metrics back up my claim.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Obviously its not a wash...but when players say they want to go to winning teams that they can win championships on...they don't think of going to 8 seeds. Before Bosh got injured(probably more like 5-10 games before that) the Raps were the 5th seed with a legit shot at moving up. Of course they faltered and fell pretty hard, but that potential is still there
Bosh injury makes it okay for Toronto to be the 8 seed, but the 10 Game Losing streak for the Bulls where they were starting Jannero Pargo, Flip Murray, Acie Law, Hakim Warrick, and Brad Miller is okay.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like when Amare is healthy and on his game. He is flat out dangerous and can take over games.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

35 and 10 for Stat. Nice.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ellis could be a great player, but not top 5, at least not anytime soon though. There are other guys who fill that list already and others who will.

These guys are some of the ones that could wind up on the top 5 list in the near future (some already there) and all are close to Ellis' age. Ellis is 24, here's the rest of the list:

James - 25
Chris Bosh - 26
Brandon Roy - 25
Chris Paul - 25
Kevin Durant - 21
Derrick Rose - 21
Rajon Rondo - 24
Dwight Howard - 24

And that's not taking into consideration that Kobe, Wade, and others could/will keep appearing on top 5 lists for a little longer. Most of those guys still have to develop, as does Ellis, but they're better players than Ellis right now, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote