Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Celts do squash this deal...look for Pierce to request a trade...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually want the Bulls to select Lasme. hes a good defensive stopper.

As for the Nets, I read on Draftexpress that they are trying to trade for Sean May.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be interesting what kind of interest Pierce would generate.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are few rumors out there, that the Pistons may be shopping Rip...

Another player that would look great in a Magic uni...:)

Magic meeting w/ Lewis on Sunday...yay!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
i actually want the Bulls to select Lasme. hes a good defensive stopper.

As for the Nets, I read on Draftexpress that they are trying to trade for Sean May.
ehh, prob wont happen with the Nets. I'm not sure what the bobcats want in return, but with May being a home town guy, they probably want too much. I'm happy to say, as a Nets fan, it looks like A) VC will stay, B) we wont trade for Randolph, and C) we are very interested in Sean Williams of BC with pick 17, and not McRoberts!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ehh, prob wont happen with the Nets. I'm not sure what the bobcats want in return, but with May being a home town guy, they probably want too much. I'm happy to say, as a Nets fan, it looks like A) VC will stay, B) we wont trade for Randolph, and C) we are very interested in Sean Williams of BC with pick 17, and not McRoberts!!
did you see my last post on the previous page? gave me a good laugh...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

What have you heard about Randolph? Last I heard, the Nets were still interested. This was yesterday...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I heard there is a possiblity of a 4 team trade or something involving bynum and garnett and thats all i got out of it... any truth to this? and if there is what are the details

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What have you heard about Randolph? Last I heard, the Nets were still interested. This was yesterday...
IMO Randolph is staying, but that does create a croweded frontcourt. For sure it will be either Oden or Lamarcus coming off the bench, cause with Zach on the bench you might as well kiss any effort goodbye.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohh god, Big Baby at 17.... uggggh. Well Portland and New Jersey have had rumored to have minimal interest http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...on_rando lph/

this may be partially because Ratner and Thorn have heard if they trade RJ, i will go and punch them in the face, several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
I heard there is a possiblity of a 4 team trade or something involving bynum and garnett and thats all i got out of it... any truth to this? and if there is what are the details
Lakers get: Kevin Garnett

Celtics get: Jermaine O'neal

Wolves Get: #5, Al Jefferson

Pacers Get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum

That's the proposed deal...accordring to ESPN, it's not completly dead, Boston may reconsider. (19th pick may go to Boston) But, as of this very moment...the Lakers and T-Wolves are in in trade talks for KG. (Bynum/Odom and #19 for KG)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one that I am hearing seems like most likely to be accepted by all:

Lakers Get:Kevin Garnett
Give Up:#19, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown

Celtics Get:Jermaine Oneal
Give up:#5 pick Overall, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green

Twolves Get:#5 Pick Overall, #19 Pick Overall, Kwame Brown, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green.
Give Up:Kevin Garnett

Pacers Get:Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum
Give Up:Jermaine Oneal

Lakers get KG for Kobe, Celtics IMO would be pretty beastley in the east I must admit. JO, Paul Pierce, Al Jefferson, Rondo, West, Gomes etc.., Wolves get a great young SG, 2 other questionable young talents, a top 5 pick and mid first rounder. Amazing rebuilding for them. Pacers get an allstar caliber versatile big and a potential star.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, i don't see a straight up trade happening between Minnesota and LA, as I just don't think LA has the pieces necessary to obtain KG. I just do not think that we have any interest in a guy like Lamar Odom to be honest. He really would not carry any value IMO. Also, you throw in the fact that McFail absolutely hates the Lakers and this trade is even less likely to occur. There's only a couple of ways that I see Garnett moving, one nets the Wolves Amare Stoudemire and the other gives us Jefferson and the 5th pick.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
This one that I am hearing seems like most likely to be accepted by all:

Lakers Get:Kevin Garnett
Give Up:#19, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown

Celtics Get:Jermaine Oneal
Give up:#5 pick Overall, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green

Twolves Get:#5 Pick Overall, #19 Pick Overall, Kwame Brown, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green.
Give Up:Kevin Garnett

Pacers Get:Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum
Give Up:Jermaine Oneal

Lakers get KG for Kobe, Celtics IMO would be pretty beastley in the east I must admit. JO, Paul Pierce, Al Jefferson, Rondo, West, Gomes etc.., Wolves get a great young SG, 2 other questionable young talents, a top 5 pick and mid first rounder. Amazing rebuilding for them. Pacers get an allstar caliber versatile big and a potential star.
It's still the same for the Celtics...worse even...the reason they intially squashed the first was because, they felt they were getting hosed with only getting O'neal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Celtics get: Jermaine O'neal

Wolves Get: #5, Al Jefferson

Pacers Get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum

That's the proposed deal...accordring to ESPN, it's not completly dead, Boston may reconsider. (19th pick may go to Boston) But, as of this very moment...the Lakers and T-Wolves are in in trade talks for KG. (Bynum/Odom and #19 for KG)
I've also seen a completely different deal. IMO the Celtics would never do the deal above. The other one that's being thrown around is a little more complex:

Wolves get: Kwame Brown, Theo Ratliff, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Pick #5, Pick #19

Pacers get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum

C's get: Jermaine O'Neal

Edit: Ghetto beat me to it, but it's not worse for the Celtics at all. They're basically giving up Green vs. Jefferson, because Ratliff and Telfair are dead weight anyways. I really don't think Ainge wants to part with Jefferson.

Last edited by derza222 : 06-26-2007 at 10:16 AM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still the same for the Celtics...worse even...the reason they intially squashed the first was because, they felt they were getting hosed with only getting O'neal.
This one is better b/c they hold on to Jefferson and still get an All-Star in Jermaine O'Neal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
This one is better b/c they hold on to Jefferson and still get an All-Star in Jermaine O'Neal
Oh, I didnt see that...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

T'Wolves would have the 5th, 7th and 19th picks...hmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierce, Jefferson and JO would be nice.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, I didnt see that...
Yeah. I think they'd rather not part with Green but when it's down to parting with him or with Jefferson they'll let Green go in a heartbeat. Supposedly Pierce will demand a trade soon after the draft if the C's don't come out with a solid vet, so Ainge is under some pressure here.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah. I think they'd rather not part with Green but when it's down to parting with him or with Jefferson they'll let Green go in a heartbeat. Supposedly Pierce will demand a trade soon after the draft if the C's don't come out with a solid vet, so Ainge is under some pressure here.
Oh i know, Pierce is real close to asking out...they need to get him someone...

ESPN is still reporting the first trade proposal only...on ESPN News atleast...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
T'Wolves would have the 5th, 7th and 19th picks...hmm.
That's a nice start for a rebuilding effort. I'd imagine they'd go for 2 players out of Green, Noah, Hawes, Thornton and Brewer with 5 and 7, and could perhaps grab a guy who slips like Thad Young or Julian Wright at 19...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh i know, Pierce is real close to asking out...they need to get him someone...

ESPN is still reporting the first trade proposal only...on ESPN News atleast...
I think if the C's get rid of Jefferson it's a massive, massive mistake. I'd actually trade Pierce before I traded Jefferson, he's a young, talented big and he's a very good player now with the potential to improve. If I'm running a team, as great as Pierce is, I'd opt to win later and build around the big guy.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think if the C's get rid of Jefferson it's a massive, massive mistake. I'd actually trade Pierce before I traded Jefferson, he's a young, talented big and he's a very good player now with the potential to improve. If I'm running a team, as great as Pierce is, I'd opt to win later and build around the big guy.
Jefferson should be untouchable...only an idiot would trade him away...Than you add giving up the 5th pick...ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Yea its moronic to give up both Al and number 5. Set the team back 5 more years.
Quote: