Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on the last couple pages of discussion:

I don't really know how it can be argued that Kobe is better than Lebron at this point in their careers. And that really just comes down to the different types of players they are and how much more efficient Lebron is. Lebron is in the prime of his career right now. Kobe's making his last stand. He's been accumulating injuries (especially to his shooting hand), and he's probably got two more years of outstanding play before we start seeing a rapid decline.

In terms of whose prime was better, I don't know if anybody could compare with the absolute scoring onslaught Kobe laid out on the league in the middle of his career. I mean honestly, this was a team that started Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Lamar Odom (one of the most overrated and inconsistent players in the entire NBA for his whole career - he was awful early in his career with the Lakers). That's not just bad...words literally can't describe how terrible that team was.

And during this time, he was able to do anything that Lebron can currently do. They just have different games. Like Lebron, nobody could stop Kobe from consistently getting to the basket and racking up free throws - he just did it by using quickness, angles, and ridiculous ball handling in traffic. He took more bad shots (and made them) than anybody I've ever seen. He was a one-man wrecking crew that wanted to do everything by himself and played 1 on 5 every night. And it kind of worked.

The main difference in their games is their willingness to trust their teammates. Lebron is so desperate for somebody else to step up that he trusts his teammates to the point that it ends up hurting him. He needs to stop worrying about being so damned loved, say **** off to his teammates once in awhile, and just take over games by himself.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

The main difference in their games is their willingness to trust their teammates. Lebron is so desperate for somebody else to step up that he trusts his teammates to the point that it ends up hurting him. He needs to stop worrying about being so damned loved, say **** off to his teammates once in awhile, and just take over games by himself.
Yea, people said the same thing about KG when he was in his prime in MN.
Trusted his teammates too much. It took him to go to Boston to win it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That one was ridiculous and could have had just as much, if not more of an impact than the out of bounds call. And I can see why they didn't overturn theh out of bounds call. They called it on Gasol, and when they watched the replay it was close enough (though I agree that Garnett touched it last) that they couldn't justify overturning the live call. You can't blame the refs for the Lakers losing...at all. The Lakers had far more bad calls go their way.

Ray Allen blew the socks off the Lakers and Rondo finished the game. You can also say that Odom, Fisher, whoever didn't show up...but then go look at the lines for Garnett and Pierce... The C's didn't play their best ball. I think a lot of judgement is skewed because the Lakers played the best they could ever possibly hope to play in that game...that was everything they had, and the C's were in that game on an off night in LA.
So it was an off night for the Celtics and a performance of the ages from the Lakers?

well why even play the remaining games? Let's just crown the celtics the champs now.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love all the ref hate. If every call went how it was supposed to the Celtics would of still won. I mean Garnett had 2 ******** fouls in the first 2 minutes of the game. Kobe got a and1 call when no one touched him at all. Davis blocked the **** out of Bynum and they called it a foul. Stop complaning about the refs and start blaming Farmar for shotting a 3 pointer with no Lakers down the court in the 4th quarter or start giving credit to the Celtics bench for stepping up. I know it is easier to blame the refs than to say your team got out played but just man up and say it.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Cavs are shopping Mo Williams, Delonte West and maybe others... I am sure teams are looking at both back up PG's now.. at least I would.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs need to stay away from Izzo...
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I love all the ref hate. If every call went how it was supposed to the Celtics would of still won. I mean Garnett had 2 ******** fouls in the first 2 minutes of the game. Kobe got a and1 call when no one touched him at all. Davis blocked the **** out of Bynum and they called it a foul. Stop complaning about the refs and start blaming Farmar for shotting a 3 pointer with no Lakers down the court in the 4th quarter or start giving credit to the Celtics bench for stepping up. I know it is easier to blame the refs than to say your team got out played but just man up and say it.
That's why I haven't complained about the fouls. To say that they've favored any one team in particular is just stupid. The only reason why the Lakers weren't blown out of the water is because they went to the line so many times.

I think we can agree that the referreeing has been terrible, though. Way too many calls and make-up calls on BOTH teams. It's the Finals, and it's gonna be a physical series, so let them play! The last thing this series needs is for several stars to be in foul trouble and on the bench.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Looks like the Cavs are shopping Mo Williams, Delonte West and maybe others... I am sure teams are looking at both back up PG's now.. at least I would.
I read the Raps might be interested. A possible Calderon for Mo Williams swap. I would be fine with it I guess. Mo Williams would probably allow Hedo to fit in better which would be nice
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's why I haven't complained about the fouls. To say that they've favored any one team in particular is just stupid. The only reason why the Lakers weren't blown out of the water is because they went to the line so many times.

I think we can agree that the referreeing has been terrible, though. Way too many calls and make-up calls on BOTH teams. It's the Finals, and it's gonna be a physical series, so let them play! The last thing this series needs is for several stars to be in foul trouble and on the bench.
Yea I agree. I knew once they called those 2 petty fouls on Garnett in the begining they weren't going to let them play. It's already a good series if they let them play without petty fouls it would be serious. I was happy they didn't call Perkins on a double technical early in the game either.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's necessarily the fouls, it was the foul trouble people (including myself are complaining about).

For example, the early foul trouble kept many of the stars (garnett included on the bench) Kobe didnt get to play in the third quarter.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I don't think it's necessarily the fouls, it was the foul trouble people (including myself are complaining about).

For example, the early foul trouble kept many of the stars (garnett included on the bench) Kobe didnt get to play in the third quarter.
The reffing was terrible, but it was terrible for both sides, so it is a non-factor.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The reffing was terrible, but it was terrible for both sides, so it is a non-factor.
wait what? taking two of the star players from both teams out of the game is a non factor?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wait what? taking two of the star players from both teams out of the game is a non factor?
It was a factor, yes, but it didn't favor any particular team. Both have suffered because of it.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Factor isn't the right word. Excuse is a better one. The Lakers got more calls than the C's, so let's stop even talking about the refs, because they didn't give the Celtics the win. It is annoying.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the point in discussing Rudy. The Grizz will just match any offer - it's a no-brainer for them. He's a two way player who fits in really well with the rest of the team. They're forming a strong, young core.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Factor isn't the right word. Excuse is a better one. The Lakers got more calls than the C's, so let's stop even talking about the refs, because they didn't give the Celtics the win. It is annoying.
ill stop after this one point. Lakers shot more free throws but they got the same number of foul calls
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the point in discussing Rudy. The Grizz will just match any offer - it's a no-brainer for them. He's a two way player who fits in really well with the rest of the team. They're forming a strong, young core.
It's the Grizzlies, they traded Pau Gasol for Marc and crap

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ill stop after this one point. Lakers shot more free throws but they got the same number of foul calls
If you really want to split hairs you could say that some of those fouls on the Lakers and FTs by the Celtics were a result of the Lakers fouling at the end of the game, thus in normal game action the fouls favored the Lakers and the FT disparity was even greater. Bottom line is, bad calls went both ways, but statistically the Lakers have no argument.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not a very good defender, plus he's a chucker and he's a lousy passer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

The Lakers because they shot poorly from the 3-point line. Ray Allen single-handedly destroyed the Lakers in game 2. Bottom line. If the Lakers can shut down Ray Allen and keep Rondo a jump shooter just like game 1, then the Lakers will win the series. Also, the Lakers need to execute better offensively than they did in game 2.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

so apparently Paul Pierce was yeling at the crowd "we ain't comin back to LA!"

Have you ever met a superstar that was the complete opposite of the word humble?

I'm not saying that just cause we're playing him in the finals. I actually really like Ray Allen and Rondo.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love paul pierce

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so apparently Paul Pierce was yeling at the crowd "we ain't comin back to LA!"

Have you ever met a superstar that was the complete opposite of the word humble?

I'm not saying that just cause we're playing him in the finals. I actually really like Ray Allen and Rondo.
Seriously? I hope you don't actually think he is the only arrogent athlete out there.

Have you ever heard an interview with a WR in the NFL?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I guess it's unrealistic to expect everyone to be as humble as Allen. I'd be lying if me being a Laker fan had nothing to do with it.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

I don't like Ray Allen or Rondo either. I actually can't stand Ray Allen from his Seattle days and how half his ******* face looks like he's on ecstasy at all times.