Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
True a flop but still a foul. Garnett had his hands on Pau's back and extended his arm. And I love how he argued to the ref that he was setting the pick with his hands at his crotch like you should.
Without the Pau flop, I doubt the screen even gets called. Gasol makes soccer players look tough sometimes...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Without the Pau flop, I doubt the screen even gets called. Gasol makes soccer players look tough sometimes...
Quit whining, the Celtics bigs were getting all kinds of leeway on defense against the Lakers last night. They were raping Bynum and Gasol in the post and they weren't calling anything. That was an obvious foul and it would have been called with or without Gasol falling down. And if it wasn't called, Allen missed a wide-open layup and Fisher would have gotten the rebound.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
29 points on 29 shots is really, really awful. Lakers managed to pull out a win where 4 of their 5 starters were extremely "meh" at best offensively. I really don't think Boston can afford that, because I doubt we'll see something like that happen more than one more time this series, and Boston has GOT to take advantage of that.
also, it sucks how Boston's players can't play good consistently and together. it's either one or the other on separate days.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston really needs a James Posey. He could play just as good if not better than D than Allen, and he can stretch the floor. I never thought watching him at OKstate that he would become such a useless offensive player in the league. He and Shannon Brown have lost so much confidence in their offensive game they have totally forgotten that at one point they could score. Now you can leave them open for anything.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b..._pursuing.html

The Harlem Globetrotters are gonna make a run at LeBron and Wade. They even have "King" #6 and "D-Wade" #3 jerseys available for pre-order on their site.

They have a better chance than the Nets.. but thats about it

Last edited by WMD : 06-09-2010 at 02:15 PM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I didn't realize bold was a synonym for stupid in this thread. Collison will never be the defender Rondo is nor the finisher around the basket. also....Rondo is a significantly better rebounder.
Well, there's things Rondo is better than Collison at and vice versa.

Collison is no slouch on the defensive end either, he was lockdown at UCLA.

Rondo is way more crafty but doesn't have the range of Collison. And i digress, Rondo is a much better rebounder than Collison.

I also think in due time Westbrook will also be the better player than Rondo.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook is a better defender than Rondo right now.He doesn't have nearly the PG skills and they have about the same range.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Quit whining, the Celtics bigs were getting all kinds of leeway on defense against the Lakers last night. They were raping Bynum and Gasol in the post and they weren't calling anything. That was an obvious foul and it would have been called with or without Gasol falling down. And if it wasn't called, Allen missed a wide-open layup and Fisher would have gotten the rebound.
I am not whining, so suck my balls? I am not rooting for anyone in this series, as I hate both teams equally. I am just calling it like I see it, I don't need you to tell me ****.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not whining, so suck my balls? I am not rooting for anyone in this series, as I hate both teams equally. I am just calling it like I see it, I don't need you to tell me ****.
Well you obviously can't see dick then.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I have disagree with is Collison never being a better defender than Rondo. Maybe not as disruptive running around the floor, but Collison will be a better on ball defender and he too has long arms and sick anticipation in the passing lanes.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think Rondo's defense is vastly overrated. He benefits way too much from having two beasts down low at all times ready to maul people that go into the lane. He has developed a lot of bad habits that will be exposed once he loses KG, Sheed and Perk. He's great in that team and in that system, but will get abused man-to-man. Great on-ball defenders like Ron Artest and Bruce Bowen are good wherever on the floor they're placed.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I always laugh when I hear people comparing Rondo as a defender to Gary Payton. Rondo will never be even half as good as a defender than the Glove was. Rondo has amazing hands and crazy quickness, but GP and a guy like Jason Kidd could shut down even SG's. Gary Payton could dominate his opponent on the defensive end. He didn't have to take chances. For Rondo to be effectively defensively he puts his bigs at risk, and is one reason why the Celts have so many foul issues. Russell Westbrook is the guy who reminds me most of Payton all around, though I doubt Westbrook ever develops his skills to be that consistently solid.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Kidd's defense has always been overrated

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think Rajon Rondo's passing is overrated? By "passing" I don't mean his vision or playmaking ability. Rather, I mean his actual accuracy on passes. These playoffs I've noticed a lot of Celtics having to adjust to poorly thrown/wild feeds.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree but I've been spoiled basically my whole life with PGs

Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Well you obviously can't see dick then.
Oh so Pau didn't flop? OK. Nice.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Oh so Pau didn't flop? OK. Nice.
Did he purposely fall on his back to draw a foul call? No, he didn't. He was fouled and elbowed in the chest and it was clearly a foul before he fell to the ground. I don't know and you don't know whether there was enough strength in Garnett's shove to push him over, but there was a foul.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

they way i see it is there 2 things
- exaggerating a foul
- flopping

to me if you don't exaggerate a foul, a lot of the time you wont get the call. (see Rose, Derrick)

Flopping in turn is making the officials think there was a foul when there clearly was no foul.

in this instance, garnett clearly fouled pau, but without the exaggeration the officials would have either not seen it, not cared or just brushed it off.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

flopping should be a technical

Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

read through this thread from last night:
really, an Yi reference and saying the Globetrotters have a better shot at LBJ and DWade than the Nets? come on guys, what did i do to deserve those?
:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way the Globetrotters have a better shot at a big time FA than the Nets. Maybe Olympiakos, but not the Globetrotters.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Next year is when Europe crushes the NBA, why would Rubio ever come over if they drop the max contract to 7 mil

Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
read through this thread from last night:
really, an Yi reference and saying the Globetrotters have a better shot at LBJ and DWade than the Nets? come on guys, what did i do to deserve those?
:(
THE NETS WILL SIGN LEBRON...AND POSSIBLY STAT!!!!

Also, congrats on the supposed signing of Avery Johnson, scotty!

Btw, it doesn't look like you will become a full time Big XI fan yet. Sad panda. :( We will always have the 2011 NC to look forward to...or 2012, or some year in the future because it will happen.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Did he purposely fall on his back to draw a foul call? No, he didn't. He was fouled and elbowed in the chest and it was clearly a foul before he fell to the ground. I don't know and you don't know whether there was enough strength in Garnett's shove to push him over, but there was a foul.
He was pushed, and then a second later he fell to the ground in a big heap of agony. I didn't say it wasn't a foul, but it was a hell of a flop. That was my point, that it was a disgraceful flop.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason Lebron will sign with the Nets

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote