Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YFS, i know you hate him and probably will never like him but damnnn did Sasha come up big or what?? (well except for the airball of course)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
YFS, i know you hate him and probably will never like him but damnnn did Sasha come up big or what?? (well except for the airball of course)
He came in and hit some meaningless 3s in a game that was already pretty well out of hand. He didn't do anything to change my opinion that he's worthless in pressure situations.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well maybe they just need to keep him out of pressure situations then. Besides, he goes in when Kobe is resting anyway. He played pretty decent yesterday, and they'll need him to play like that, along with the rest of the bench, for them to win game seven.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I've been overly critical of Rajon Rondo, even Calling him overrated... But, I will say this... If Rondo can refine his jump shot and shoot better from the line , lead the Celtics to a couple more finals' appearances, he'll be a Celtic legend for sure, maybe even revered more than Paul Pierce.

That's assuming he doesn't bolt during free agency.
I've always been of the mentality that you can always teach a jump shot. Sometimes you just can't because of the size or strength of a player (for example, Dwight Howard), but i just can't figure out why Rondo sucks so bad at shooting. He has a small frame, he's quick, he isn't overly strong, and his jump-shot mechanics are pretty fluid, but he does have a slightly funky release. It seems like he pushes the ball as it leaves his hand. Once the off-season comes, i'd have a crew of coaches just working with him if i were the Celtics. When he's on, he's their best player, and if he could ever a shot that would get him 10-15 more points a game (which is not a stretch, considering all the jumpshots and freethrows he misses/passes up), he'd be an All NBA player.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When will people stop saying "if Rondo can refine his jump shot and shoot better from the line..."? That is like the people talking about Shaq's FT shooting back in the day. He is what he is. I don't think he is magically going to figure it out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns had Shaq up to 60% from the line, he deff could of been taught

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Suns had Shaq up to 60% from the line, he deff could of been taught
Yea, Shaq's FT problems were supposedly always because of his unwillingness to work on them. That is, he hated/refused to practice or correct his FT shooting. At least this was the rumor up through the run with the Lakers, allegedly.

Maybe not drastically improving a jump shot, but free throws are definitely something you can improve, especially as a guard. And especially if you shoot under 70%.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I've always been of the mentality that you can always teach a jump shot. Sometimes you just can't because of the size or strength of a player (for example, Dwight Howard), but i just can't figure out why Rondo sucks so bad at shooting. He has a small frame, he's quick, he isn't overly strong, and his jump-shot mechanics are pretty fluid, but he does have a slightly funky release. It seems like he pushes the ball as it leaves his hand. Once the off-season comes, i'd have a crew of coaches just working with him if i were the Celtics. When he's on, he's their best player, and if he could ever a shot that would get him 10-15 more points a game (which is not a stretch, considering all the jumpshots and freethrows he misses/passes up), he'd be an All NBA player.
I agree with this, its all repetition. I mean you see guys who are great shooters like Kobe and Ray Allen, and hear about them going to the gym hours before the game and just shooting nothing but jump shots.

I mean Kobe has always been a good shooter, but when he was younger he was nowhere close to where he is now. He has made his jump shot lethal. It all comes from just shooting, shooting, shooting. Rondo can be a good jump shooter if he wants to be. Its all on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
When will people stop saying "if Rondo can refine his jump shot and shoot better from the line..."? That is like the people talking about Shaq's FT shooting back in the day. He is what he is. I don't think he is magically going to figure it out.
Nice, you're comparing Rajon Rondo's lack of shooting skill to Shaquille O'Neal, a 7'2'' 300lb center.

It's not about magically figuring it out, it's the work ethic that's required to improve bad habits that you've developed over 15 years of playing the sport. During the season there's no time to work on little things like that. I have no doubt that Rondo can develop a better scoring game.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, i'm gonna be watching Game 7 in Lodi, California, at a bar, with my Kobe "Black Mamba" T-Shirt getting shootfaced yay for me!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He is what he is.
And that is not an elite player. He has the freedom to do whatever he wants alongside KG, Pierce, Allen, etc. He fits in perfectly with those players.

I'm not saying he's not good, he most certainly is, but I also believe he is overrated. The Lakers are daring him to shoot it and be more aggressive, yet he's content with passing it and hesitating with the jump shot.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And that is not an elite player. He has the freedom to do whatever he wants alongside KG, Pierce, Allen, etc. He fits in perfectly with those players.

I'm not saying he's not good, he most certainly is, but I also believe he is overrated. The Lakers are daring him to shoot it and be more aggressive, yet he's content with passing it and hesitating with the jump shot.
That's because he isn't a consistent jump shooter. I don't see how he's overrated, no one has called him the best PG in the league. He's arguably in the top five and most definitely in the top ten. If he ever becomes a consistent and dependable scorer, he'll be in the conversation as the best in the NBA.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
That's because he isn't a consistent jump shooter. I don't see how he's overrated, no one has called him the best PG in the league. He's arguably in the top five and most definitely in the top ten. If he ever becomes a consistent and dependable scorer, he'll be in the conversation as the best in the NBA.
You're wrong. Byron Scott said he was the best point guard in the NBA.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
You're wrong. Byron Scott said he was the best point guard in the NBA.
Well he's a moron, and that's a slap to the face of Chris Paul, someone who he coached. There's a reason why he's in the studio and not on the floor anymore.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6th year in the league and he hasn't developed a jump shot yet. Either he's really just that bad or his work ethic isn't very good.

Rondo is a fantastic glue guy for the Celtics, but as an individual player I feel he's lacking. And you'd be surprised how many people have called him the best PG in the league.

I question how good he could be on a mediocre team when other teams key on stopping him. Right now, if they key on stopping him his teammates will step up. He basically has free reign on the court and that plays to his strengths.

Rondo will never be a dependable scorer. That's just not his game. He's best at setting up his teammates, playing the passing lanes, in the open court and getting to the hoop.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Well he's a moron, and that's a slap to the face of Chris Paul
*cough* Deron Williams *cough*

But yes, I would agree with you.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
*cough* Deron Williams *cough*

But yes, I would agree with you.
i agree with you, I have Deron at the top of the list as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I will say that I have a bias against Rondo because I hate him. He's a better player than I give him credit for.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psst..

Goran Dragic is the best PG in the league.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFFFFFFT John Wall is the best PG in the league
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You clearly don't watch enough Will Bynum.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how you can have a discussion and leave out one of the top PGs in the league. If you look at what he did for the Bulls this year, despite all the injuries to the team and what many feel pretty poor coaching, he still lead them to the playoffs. He even made everyone else on the court look better when he played. I think you guys are really underrating/hating on him for no good reason. He's easily one of the most dynamic players in the league, and absolutely should be considered a top 5 PG, if not the top.

Jannero Pargo haters gon' hate.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously none of you watched enough Marko Jaric to understand what a real point guard plays like.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Wait, how hasn't Monta been mentioned yet?

Or are we talking about top PGs after Monta?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta just goes without saying, as he's the best everything in the NBA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote