Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That would be a pretty bad trade for Atlanta.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post

wow. Dont do it Atlanta. Give me Acie Law over him any day of the week. I dont care if he hasnt played in the NBA yet. PG's that average 10 PPG and 5 APG are a dime a dozen. Law has the potential to be a 18 point scorer in this league.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
wow. Dont do it Atlanta. Give me Acie Law over him any day of the week. I dont care if he hasnt played in the NBA yet. PG's that average 10 PPG and 5 APG are a dime a dozen. Law has the potential to be a 18 point scorer in this league.
Not to mention, Law's got that clutch abilty to knock down shots in huge situations.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftexpress
-Speaking of Indiana, there is some chatter going on between them and Atlanta as well, specifically surrounding moving Jermaine O’Neal for a package including Josh Smith, the #11 pick, Speedy Claxton and salary cap filler. In that scenario the Hawks would likely take a point guard (Mike Conley Jr.) with the 3rd pick. Indiana will also be looking at point guards if they acquire another pick as they have long ago fallen out of love with Jamal Tinsley.

Is this for real? Wow, I would hesitate to do Smith for JO straight up.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Marion said earlier he wanted no part of Boston or Minnesota?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I thought Marion said earlier he wanted no part of Boston or Minnesota?

I know he said it about Minny not sure about Boston.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come to L.A. Marion.. If we build it they will come!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...nclick_check=1

Quote:
The Warriors seriously considered giving up second-year guard Monta Ellis in order to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the Times has learned. But the Warriors never pulled the trigger.
According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move-up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian.
Yi has reportedly been the apple of the Warriors' eye for a while, and Golden State has been listed by Yi's camp as one of the few places he'd like to play because of the Bay Area's strong Asian presence.
But according to most mock drafts and expert opinions, Yi isn't expected to be around by the time the Warriors would get to use that No. 11 pick. That means the Warriors likely were working on another deal to move up even higher, using their own first-rounder (No. 18 overall) and the pick from the Hawks as trade bait.
The deal was in place and ready to go on Tuesday morning. The only hold-up was a green light from Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations. Either Mullin fell out of love with the deal, or he couldn't nail down Part II of his master plan -- using the new first-round pick to help get high enough to draft Yi.
The Hawks, according to the league source and a Seattle Post-Intelligencer report, had the same deal in place for Seattle's Luke Ridnour as a Plan B.
Yi would immediately enhance the size and skill level of the Warriors' front line, not to mention the boost at the gate he'd assuredly provide. But the Warriors would have sacrificed one of their most valuable commodities in Ellis, winner of the 2006-07 Most Improved Player Award. Ellis -- a second-round pick in 2005 who has emerged as one of the Warriors' better players -- was once untouchable. But the Warriors' desperation for inside help and the substantial contract Ellis is sure to demand next offseason, when his rookie deal runs out, is obviously enough for the Warriors to consider letting go of their young stud.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
so its not gonna happen. Who wants to go from Phoenix to Minnesota?
Huh? Marion would be going to Boston...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks' New Jerseys, and they aren't very good, very bland IMO:

http://www.nba.com/media/hawks/white...ogallery_1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/hawks/blue_...ogallery_8.jpg

WTF?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Gonzaga Much?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about you guys but the proposition the Sports Guy, Bill Simmons, proposed sounds good to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/070620

I know I'm not as knowledgeable on professional basketball as some people but the deals he proposes sound like winners.

What do you guys think?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Acie Law will be very good in the NBA.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
When did Team USA put Atlanta and Hawks on their jerseys?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why the C's would take CJr. They have Delonte and Rondo. I know they aren't the best PGs.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Rumors like that tell me all of these Hawks trades are bogus. Hawks have offers for the #11 pick for Ridnour Jack or Monta, none of which have the same value, 1 blows, 1 is good, the other is great.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
for some reason, after his visit with the Nets, Sean Williams is really growing on me. Athletic PF who can finish around the rim, something Kidd would love. Granted his marijuana problem and gettin kicked off the BC team, but last year the Nets took a guy who stole PS2's. theft, or making a dumb teenage mistake, which is more serious? if he's there, my order for the Nets would be 1: Williams, 2: Smith 3: Splitter 634378:McRoberts, and big baby LATER!!! not 17 please....
yeah i would risk for Sean Williams. We need a force on D and a big guy who can score.

i love his shot blocking. thats what we need.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ric Bucher said that Ridnour to the Hawks for #11 is a near lock...he's talking on Mike and Mike right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ric Bucher said that Ridnour to the Hawks for #11 is a near lock...he's talking on Mike and Mike right now.
interesting trade

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this Celtics/Suns/Wolves deal falls apart... The Suns are believed to be warming up to the idea of trading Stoudamire.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Pierce and number 5 for Amare or something like that
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 06-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They would trade him for KG.....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone said (Ric Bucher???) that Minnesota doesn't want Amare Stoudamire. Would another team get involved?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ric Bucher's a tool he don't know jack, he acts like he is in contact with front offices but he's not. Jonothan Givony of Draftexpress is much more respected in the drafting world, I'd trust him more than Bucher who says stuff for attention.

Quote:
If this Celtics/Suns/Wolves deal falls apart... The Suns are believed to be warming up to the idea of trading Stoudamire.
If I were Hawks I'd trade 3,11, Childress and Filler for him. It actually is reported Stoudemire is most likely to go to the Hawks. Damn JJ, Jsmoove, Stat, Marvin, etc.. whew.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Sean Williams, one of my fav players in this draft. He's basically a Ben Wallace, but a better scorer.