Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sadly I think the Suns next year will look something like this

PG Steve Nash - Goran Dragic
SG Jason Richardson - Leandro Barbosa
SF Grant Hill - Jared Dudley
PF Earl Clark - Gani Lawal - Dwayne Collins
C Robin Lopez - Dwayne Collins

Salary: 43,068,530 + 2 2nd Rounders

and believe me if we could get rid of Barbosa, Sarver would do it(prob throw in a 1st or 2 as well)

Last edited by fenikz : 06-25-2010 at 09:57 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't recall how much the weight was, but if it was 225, i guarantee you 90% of the population can not bench that much weight.
Not to mention that Durant has a 7'5" wingspan or something like that. That is a long friggin way to push that weight.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
sadly I think the Suns next year will look something like this

PG Steve Nash - Goran Dragic
SG Jason Richardson - Leandro Barbosa
SF Grant Hill - Jared Dudley
PF Earl Clark - Gani Lawal - Dwayne Collins
C Robin Lopez - Dwayne Collins

Salary: 43,068,530 + 2 2nd Rounders

and believe me if we could get rid of Barbosa, Sarver would do it(prob throw in a 1st or 2 as well)
Villanueva for Barbosa and two firsts. Deal.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rant: the dumbest argument ever about LeBron James is as follows. That if he goes to Chicago he will never live down what Michael Jordan did. That is nonsensical at best. Did Larry Bird's accomplishments diminish what Kevin Garnett has done? What about Kobe being haunted by Lakers past? Sports writers are so stupid and they are lazy with their "analysis." I think it is Tony Kornheiser/MNF syndrome, pablum about "reputations" and "legacy."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Rant: the dumbest argument ever about LeBron James is as follows. That if he goes to Chicago he will never live down what Michael Jordan did. That is nonsensical at best. Did Larry Bird's accomplishments diminish what Kevin Garnett has done? What about Kobe being haunted by Lakers past? Sports writers are so stupid and they are lazy with their "analysis." I think it is Tony Kornheiser/MNF syndrome, pablum about "reputations" and "legacy."
Yeah, I don't think he cares about that at all. Chicago gives him the best chance of winning so I think that's where he ends up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Preach brotha.

I say we show a 5 minute clip of Derrick ******** on people and say "this is what you get to play next to for the next 6 years, and he'll get even better."

Then to rub salt in the wounds, show a video of Yi Jianlian to make scotty happy.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Don't think this has been brought up.. but there's a new Washington/Orlando rumor: Vince Carter for Kirk Hinrich, Randy Foye, and Al Thornton.

Discuss.
Horrendous. I'd take every single one of those players over Vince Carter. Geez, Arenas as the 2, and Carter at the 3, the thought of that makes me want to shoot myself. If we had that partnered with Blatche at the 4, you might as well kill John Wall's career. I like how we're building. I'd hate to trade for VC. I actually like Thornton a hell of a lot and Hinrich is one of the best backup guards in the league with his ability to play and defend both guard positions. Foye doesn't need to be re-signed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a lot different with the Bulls than the Lakers or Celtics. Michael Jordan was much bigger than the Bulls. He's the only great player in that team's history...they've got nothing to be proud about without Jordan.

The Celtics and Lakers have tons and tons of history. Winning a championship with one of those teams is bigger than winning with pretty much any other team. And stars don't have as much hanging over their heads by going to one of those teams because those teams have had tons of great players.

Chicago is Jordan's team and always will be. When the options are equal, why go to a team where he wouldn't be the icon unless it's a team with a history full of great players like LA and Boston? And the Nets with a ******** of cap space and nothing but good pieces currently on the roster is just as good as Chicago - and better in a lot of ways. Same with the Miami Heat.

Last edited by nepg : 06-26-2010 at 10:00 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're crazy if you think Jordan stuff won't come up every time anyone talks about LBJ if he goes to the Bulls. Those other players/teams are irrelevant, it's Michael ******* Jordan and the Bulls.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently pritchard isn't a candidate now. we're calling like West, Kerr, Colangelo and other random guys. meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
I don't recall how much the weight was, but if it was 225, i guarantee you 90% of the population can not bench that much weight.
It was 185.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell is Steve Kerr getting considered for another GM job?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

because he is great at cutting salary while staying competitive, the Shaq trade was D'Antoni's idea not his, not sure how he would do on a team that actually wants to spend but as the Suns GM these are the moves he made

Traded: Raja Bell and Boris Diaw for Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley

Drafted: Robin Lopez, Goran Dragic, Earl Clark, Taylor Griffin, Gani Lawal, Dwayne Collins

Signed: Grant Hill, Channing Frye, Lou Amundson

basically the whole team was created by him besides Nash, Amar'e and Barbosa

Last edited by fenikz : 06-26-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, and that's not a very good team.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

clearly being the 2nd best team in the West is just terrible

Old 06-26-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You're crazy if you think Jordan stuff won't come up every time anyone talks about LBJ if he goes to the Bulls. Those other players/teams are irrelevant, it's Michael ******* Jordan and the Bulls.

Media people, for sure. But do you think the average Bulls' fan would (negatively) compare and complain that they have LeBron James? Come on now. Besides, if they can really have a team of Rose, James, Bosh and Noah they will win a lot of titles.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
clearly being the 2nd best team in the West is just terrible
That team was 2nd in the west thanks to Nash and Amar'e. But even then, playoffs are what counts. They never got over the hump.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LBJ could win six titles with the Bulls, you know what everyone would say? He won as many as Michael. I'm not saying it's a negative thing, or how LBJ would feel about it, but no matter what he does if he goes to the Bulls, it will be compared to MJ. The Bulls are definitely the best place for LeBron to go to, but the entire time he's there he'll be the second guy because it's Jordan and because it's LeBron. If it was anyone else going to the Bulls it wouldn't matter, if it's LBJ going anywhere else it wouldn't matter, but LeBron playing for Jordan's old team, the comparisons will be there.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
That team was 2nd in the west thanks to Nash and Amar'e. But even then, playoffs are what counts. They never got over the hump.
I would say less amar'e and more the steve kerr crafted bench

Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah those were the two main guys but I mean good run for them, but what do you expect? They lost to the Lakers.. clearly the better team, though the Suns bench is much better/more capable then LAs.

The Suns were a top a top 5-6 team though, J Rich played pretty well all year and all that but that window is certainly closing depending on what Amare does. They might want to shop Nash if Amare leaves?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Suns signed Scottie Reynolds, could be a solid pick up maybe a Eddie House type of player down the line

Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suns signed Scottie Reynolds, could be a solid pick up maybe a Eddie House type of player down the line
I was just coming here to ask if you thought he'd have a decent shot to the team. Think he could be a steal too, guy works his ass off and does a great job overcoming his lack of athleticism with overall basketball skill and a great motor. His situational stats on DX were really nice too. Not an ideal athlete by any stretch of the imagination but could be a nice scorer off the bench.

Only first team AA to ever go undrafted, and the other 4 guys who were first team AA went in the top 5 I believe, at the very least the lottery. Either the voters or the NBA had it wrong, but I'm hoping it's the NBA. As long as he's around in Phoenix I'll be rooting for the Suns to an extent (at least more than any other WC team), I'd love to see him prove everybody wrong and succeed there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nash and Amare are part of the team, it isn't like many teams have balance with their contributors... If Kobe hit rim on that one last shot who knows what happens.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

If we ship off Barbosa he would certainly stand a better chance, pretty set at PG don't see any minutes for him there, so his time should come at SG but I wouldn't expect anything more than garbage time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Nash and Amare are part of the team, it isn't like many teams have balance with their contributors... If Kobe hit rim on that one last shot who knows what happens.
ugh don't even get me started, came back from like 19 down, we most certainly would of had the momentum heading into OT, then head back to Phoenix up 3-2

Old 06-26-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The real missed opportunity for the Suns was the infamous Robert Horry series against the Spurs. The greatest injustice I have ever witnessed. The Suns were no different than the Kings were when they had Webber; they were the NBA's whipping boy, for whatever reason.