Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the nets and bulls are the only teams i'd even consider signing with as a big name free agent. the bulls have rose and noah as two keys who i can join (possibly with another f.a.) and the nets have harris and bropez. sure, the heat have wade, but if they trade for bosh, their roster is bosh and wade, and a max contract's worth of cap space to fill out a roster with an additional 10 guys. same with the knicks. i wouldn't risk being in that situation.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and if you don't sign with the Nets, the Russian mob will hunt you down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said this before, but I really want Johnson on the Bulls. Yes, I'd be ecstatic to get Lebron or Bosh or both, etc., but I think Johnson is a perfect fit. Lebron would take control away from Rose and instantly replace Rose as the face of the team. Again, I would love Lebron obviously, and I want to win, but I think adding Johnson and someone like Boozer/Amare/Lee would easily make the team competitive enough. Johnson would still be the primary scorer/option, but he won't have as much pressure as he did in Atlanta, and Rose would still run the team and be the face of the franchise. Not to mention, what the Bulls severely lack is a shooter, which even though Lebron can make it rain, he isn't a consistent shooting threat that they need.

/end long rant that went much longer than I wanted.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AJC report that Hawks preparing 6-year Bird Rights deal is devastating news to potential Joe Johnson suitors. He wants to stay in Atlanta.
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol the Hawks

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Johnson I'd rather get on a team that signs one of the bigger free agents.

I have a feeling were gonna see Wade and Stoudemire in Miami, LeBron in Cleveland, and Bosh in Chicago.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is the Lebron backup plan now for teams like Chicago and NY? Rudy *** and Paul Pierce? Do not want.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Johnsons best fit IMO is Chicago. He is exactly what they need in a shoot at SG and they will likely land a PF too like Bosh/Amare/Boozer and they would have a nice line up

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ could do a lot worse than the Hawks. It's his team, he already knows the system and players. Either one or both of his big men will be allstars next year and Jordan Crawford is an added scorer that they lacked last year beyond Crawford. Still a 4 or 5 in the East but the Hawks will always be competitive if he stays, and no one can offer that extra year. I mean imagine the pressure on him if he is the biggest name New York lands. Fans there who were expecting LeBron and Bosh will be expecting JJ to lead them places and that simply won't happen. This team is built to succeed around JJ. It's up to him how far they go.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
To maximize Rose's ability the dream scenario for the Bulls should be to land Joe Johnson and Amare. That's highly unlikely though with JJ looking like a Knick or possibly a Mav and Amare likely only doing one of two things, re-signing with the Suns or going to Miami. I think Boozer lands in Miami or Chicago.
Dirk would look pretty nice next to Rose too. Johnson re-upping with the Hawks would be bad news as a Bulls fan...this is an interesting but scary next couple days. At least the team has a nice future with Rose and Noah, but it'd be nice if they can remain competitive through their primes. This is a big offseason too, because Rose and Noah are going to need to get re-signed soon too. May as well have some solid players on the books and use their Bird rights to re-sign them, otherwise they'll peddle in mediocrity for quite some time unless D-Rose hits legit superstar status.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will offer mad money at Rudy *** which the Grizz might not match.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict Boozer to the Magic.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Someone will offer mad money at Rudy *** which the Grizz might not match.
Haha the Grizz shouldn't match they had a nice draft imo and *** is a 3rd guy to me..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My predictions:

LeBron James -- Chicago Bulls
Dwayne Wade -- Miami Heat
Chris Bosh -- Chicago Bulls
Dirk Nowitzki -- Dallas Mavericks
Joe Johnson -- New York Knicks
Amare Stoudemire -- New York Knicks
Carlos Boozer -- Miami Heat
Paul Pierce -- Boston Celtics
David Lee -- Washington Wizards?
Ray Allen -- Boston Celtics
Rudy *** -- Miami Heat

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Washington can't get Lee, even a guy like Salmons for that matter. I'm fairly certain after the Hinrich and Yi deals added the first round picks we will only have 4-5 mil of cap room. Lee is a guy I thought we'd be targeting prior to these deals, though it makes sense what we are doing building for the future. I wouldn't give Lee a huge deal while still having Arenas on our books. Next summer will be our summer if we decide to make any big FA splash which I doubt unless Melo wants to come back home.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the cap number officially? Because I'm pretty sure the Wiz only have about $41 million spent, leaving them with plenty of money for a guy like Salmons.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I wasn't sure where to put Lee at all? With New York picking up Amare, he's out there and I doubt he would want a bench role/contract from Chicago since they picked up Bosh.

Where else could he land? I thought Boston for a second, but that wouldn't work out very well unless KG says this is his last season, but it still wouldn't work.

Cleveland wouldn't work, they have too much invested into JJ Hickson.

Miami wouldn't work..I don't know.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nets since Favors probably isnt ready to start off the bat

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The Nets since Favors probably isnt ready to start off the bat
I thought that too, but I kinda backed off it just because it didn't sound right...don't know though you could be right.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron James -- Cleveland Cavaliers
Dwayne Wade -- Miami Heat
Chris Bosh -- Miami Heat
Dirk Nowitzki -- Dallas Mavericks
Joe Johnson -- Atlanta Hawks
Amare Stoudemire -- Phoenix Suns
Carlos Boozer -- Chicago Bulls
Paul Pierce -- Boston Celtics
David Lee -- New Jersey Nets
Ray Allen -- Boston Celtics
Rudy *** -- LA Clippers

Knicks get Raymond Felton, John Salmons and Brad Miller. LOL.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I predict Boozer to the Magic.

How the hell would they pull that off? They have 79 million on the books this year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Suns lose Amar'e do you think they go after a FA PF, do we let Clark, Lawal, Collins, maybe Frye battle it out, or do we start Hill at PF and Dudley at the 3

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron to the Bulls= Boner + $50
LeBron to any team not named the Knickerbockers= $50
LeBron to the Knickerbockers= Things getting broken and -$50

Do the right thing LeBron

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How the hell would they pull that off? They have 79 million on the books this year.
Sign and trade with, umm, Gortat I guess.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If the Suns lose Amar'e do you think they go after a FA PF, do we let Clark, Lawal, Collins, maybe Frye battle it out, or do we start Hill at PF and Dudley at the 3
I sincerely hope that's what you guys do.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote