Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I don't even care where he goes anymore. All I know is that the Bulls are gonna get ******.

Actually, if they get Boozer and a sharpshooter, they will have a really good team. They might feel like losers now, but if they land Boozer and Reddick they will look like this:

PG - Rose
SG - Reddick
SF - Deng
PF - Boozer
C - Noah

Taj Gibson off the bench

That team would be tough if Rose and Noah continue to develop.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even care where he goes anymore. All I know is that the Bulls are gonna get ******.
Can't say that anybody feels bad for them Jerry Krause's doozy:

Quote:
Players don't win championships; organizations win championships
Right after running the best head coach in NBA history out of town.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Actually, if they get Boozer and a sharpshooter, they will have a really good team. They might feel like losers now, but if they land Boozer and Reddick they will look like this:

PG - Rose
SG - Reddick
SF - Deng
PF - Boozer
C - Noah

Taj Gibson off the bench

That team would be tough if Rose and Noah continue to develop.
Yeah, I mean they went from being pretty sure they were gonna get some assortment of James/Bosh/Wade to getting Boozer/Lee. They will be fine, but they can't be ecstatic how it turned out.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I would be so annoyed.
ok, we get it:

-you hate Lebron
- and whenever anyone says something that could be percieved as negative against the Lakers you come a calling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean they went from being pretty sure they were gonna get some assortment of James/Bosh/Wade to getting Boozer/Lee. They will be fine, but they can't be ecstatic how it turned out.
I've been saying it for a while, but it is best for Rose's development as an elite player (which is coming faster than anybody thinks) if they get an offensive big man like Boozer and shooters on the wing (two of Korver, Reddick, Morrow, Allen, Outlaw, blah).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron/Amare vs. Wade/Bosh every year would be incredible for the NBA. I think that alone would gain so much more fans. Add into the fact that you still got big man down there in Orlando.

Then think about a grueling 7 game eastern conference finals, then you face Kobe and the Lakers.

It'd be like a video game where you build up to playing the boss.

Basketball would be entertaining for a longggg while.

If Lebron went to Miami, it would just be like putting in cheats for god mode.

The only thing is:
- I don't like D'antoni.
- It would only be a matter of time before the cavs flounder and the whole franchise would go under.

The Magic could stay relevant if they could some how find a way to trade for this guy (underrated star):

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Lebron makes this as big a deal as possible just to piss everyone off. Seriously, people have been talking about this for two years and it's a big enough story that it overshadowed the playoffs at times this year. You didn't think it was possible ESPN would do some kind of special?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, we get it:

-you hate Lebron
- and whenever anyone says something that could be percieved as negative against the Lakers you come a calling.
No, i am interested as hell to see where he goes....like i want to hear his decision just as much as anyone.

I just dont want it to be some little league like announcement where he picks a hat and the crowd goes nuts.

....and this coming from the biggest homer on the boards. Sorry i hurt your feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes my excitement has been dampened. However, if it was normal FA period and we had got Boozer and a starting sharpshooter I would be ecstatic.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that the Knicks team would be better.

I would definitely like the Heat duo more, but that Knicks squad would be scary with D'antoni running the show.
Yup losing 150-139 produces scary results in the win-loss column

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, i am interested as hell to see where he goes....like i want to hear his decision just as much as anyone.

I just dont want it to be some little league like announcement where he picks a hat and the crowd goes nuts.

....and this coming from the biggest homer on the boards. Sorry i hurt your feelings.
little league? i mean, everyone's refering to the college decisions everyone makes, and it'd be ******* hilarious and awesome.

Hurting my feelings? Clearly. It's just annoying when all you see is "I'd be soo annoyed". I really don't think anyone cares that you'd be annoyed. But if kobe did it, it'd be awesome, obviously.
and yes, me being a homer for Rutgers has so much to do with this. my lord.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing I can't stress enough is that Miami still has no shooters. Which means you would get the luxury of playing back a little and giving them a little cushion. I also have a strong feeling that mario chalmers will be a huge liability in the playoffs.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks would win more during the regular season, probably be the number 1 seed. But the fast pace run and gun thing has been tried numerous times in the playoffs and has failed over and over.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Another thing I can't stress enough is that Miami still has no shooters. Which means you would get the luxury of playing back a little and giving them a little cushion. I also have a strong feeling that mario chalmers will be a huge liability in the playoffs.
Mario Chalmers totally reminds me of Derek Fisher.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Yup losing 150-139 produces scary results in the win-loss column
honestly, I'm not sure that I have ever loved you more than I do today. You are just on fire today bigdawg.

but still, the Knicks with the money and Wilson Chandler to build around LBJ and STAT would be scarier than Wade, Bosh, Chalmers and scrubs. Unless they keep Beasley. Either way, it'd be interesting, and if LBJ leaves, Cleveland is going to be just awful
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Mario Chalmers totally reminds me of Derek Fisher.

Exactly. Derek Fisher sucks balls and the Lakers did just fine with him. The lack of depth on Miami might still be a problem though. Unless they get LBJ then it won't really matter as much.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Knicks would win more during the regular season, probably be the number 1 seed. But the fast pace run and gun thing has been tried numerous times in the playoffs and has failed over and over.
Those Suns teams easily could have made it to the Finals. It can work.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
honestly, I'm not sure that I have ever loved you more than I do today. You are just on fire today bigdawg.

but still, the Knicks with the money and Wilson Chandler to build around LBJ and STAT would be scarier than Wade, Bosh, Chalmers and scrubs. Unless they keep Beasley. Either way, it'd be interesting, and if LBJ leaves, Cleveland is going to be just awful

Just a random thought to add to this, but wow has Beasley's stock completely plummeted since being drafted. I mean this is Goldman Sachs-esque.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
little league? i mean, everyone's refering to the college decisions everyone makes, and it'd be ******* hilarious and awesome.

Hurting my feelings? Clearly. It's just annoying when all you see is "I'd be soo annoyed". I really don't think anyone cares that you'd be annoyed. But if kobe did it, it'd be awesome, obviously.
and yes, me being a homer for Rutgers has so much to do with this. my lord.
I referred to it as little league meaning it would be lame, and old, i guess its more baseball lingo....sorry. Id be the first one to say it was *** if Kobe did it too. These guys are professional athletes...they should act professional.

Its not annoying at all when all we see is some dream post of you talking about all the possibilities of Nets lineups that probably WONT happen, but none of us say a word about it.

Im not trying to pick a fight about this, didnt know that I couldnt voice my opinion on a pretty open board....damn man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Their lack of defense and oh yeah their playoff loses say otherwise....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I referred to it as little league meaning it would be lame, and old, i guess its more baseball lingo....sorry. Id be the first one to say it was *** if Kobe did it too. These guys are professional athletes...they should act professional.

Its not annoying at all when all we see is some dream post of you talking about all the possibilities of Nets lineups that probably WONT happen, but none of us say a word about it.

Im not trying to pick a fight about this, didnt know that I couldnt voice my opinion on a pretty open board....damn man.
in case you havent noticed, a good 50%+ of posts in this thread during the offseason are possibilites of posters' favorite teams with lineups that probably won't happen...
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D'Antoni's Phoenix teams were close on multiple occasions and he never had LeBron James...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Exactly. Derek Fisher sucks balls and the Lakers did just fine with him. The lack of depth on Miami might still be a problem though. Unless they get LBJ then it won't really matter as much.
yeah, well in the triangle they didnt need him to be that good just not afraid to take (and make) the big shots; which I am not yet convinced Chalmers can do, most of that is probably attributed to him not having been on the big stage yet...

Quote:
especially with Lebron.
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Michael Beasley is THAT bad. I suspect some of the teams just don't want the Heat to be able to get the three max Free Agents..
Old 07-07-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
D'Antoni's Phoenix teams were close on multiple occasions and he never had LeBron James...

The East is going to be stacked though, I'm not ruling them out but I wouldn't make them the favorite.