Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Oh...someone take Carter. Anyone see VC try to guard Wade?

Or anyone for that matter?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly he's broadcasting his decision from Connecticut. I don't see why he would announce he's staying in Cleveland and not be there to do it.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
ESPN and Lebron or so *** for eachother. It doesn't take an hour for him to say "I'm signing with _______". What could possibly be said that is important? Seriously what is this a presidential address?

I'm betting he is going to the Heat and Wade and Bosh signing today was choreographed to create more drama leading up to this. They have basically been on the same team the entire summer dominating the sports world, I doubt they break up now.
Like Stan Van Gundy said. It will take 15 seconds for him to announce where he's going. The other 59 minutes and 45 seconds is so he can promote and advertise his brand. No player has ever done anything like this before. That is not by accident. LeBron feels the need to market himself as the NBA icon. That usually is determined by the fans, but he feels the need still to push it himself. I think it's a horrible idea. Just another reason for fans of every team other than the team he's on to hate his guts.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Supposedly he's broadcasting his decision from Connecticut. I don't see why he would announce he's staying in Cleveland and not be there to do it.
Does anyone ever know what's going through his mind? :/
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Well ESPN studios are in Bristol Connecticut so it's probably for that reason. Also he doesn't want to give away where he's going. If people learn before the special where he's going than he doesn't get his 50 minutes of primetime television to advertise his brand and show clips of how amazing he is. This is a pure PR stunt. Like I said I hope to God that he doesn't announce he's going to Miami, because that would be a pretty pathetic stunt to try to convince people that he's the man in Miami. Hah I really hope he does the whole Team hates in a row and picking which one. Would make him look even dumber. I mean he's really starting to create this bigger than life character and it could come back to bite him in the ass one day with his chemistry with teammates.

It's sad I'm sure they will have cameras of fans in Miami, New York, Cleveland, and New Jersey, and they will be showing crowd reactions during his announcement.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 07-07-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope LeBron stays in Cleveland and then Wade and Miami win the East for the next 7 years.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But...but...Ochocinco already said he's going to NY...

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Like Stan Van Gundy said. It will take 15 seconds for him to announce where he's going. The other 59 minutes and 45 seconds is so he can promote and advertise his brand. No player has ever done anything like this before. That is not by accident. LeBron feels the need to market himself as the NBA icon. That usually is determined by the fans, but he feels the need still to push it himself. I think it's a horrible idea. Just another reason for fans of every team other than the team he's on to hate his guts.
After what Van Gundy said about this whole circus, I am definitely rooting for the Magic to beat the hell out of the Heat and whereever the hell LeBron ends up (unless it's Chicago).
Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in the back of our minds we all know Lebron is staying in Cleveland. Leaving Cleveland to go somewhere else, especially Miami I think would severely tarnish his legacy, especially with the way he's going about with it.

What he needs to do is become a ***** and start demanding things from the Cleveland front office (like Kobe) and force them into making a move. It's already been shown this free agency how desperate the city of Cleveland is as well as the Cavaliers franchise.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Evan Turner has struggled so far in summer league. I'm sure he'll pick it up, but he certainly doesn't seem to have the make up of an Allstar. 17+5+5 seems to be a fair career projection. Can be a very good #2 or 3. But any team that he's the best player will not be very good.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron would be a moron to stay. If the players around him weren't good enough to get out over the top before they definitely aren't now that the East is so improved.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt worry...at least he belongs in the league, unlike Daniel Orton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-07-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know people have been pretty harsh on the 1-hour special on ESPN, and to some extent I agree, but the fact he wants to use the money from the sponsorship of said special and give it all to charity is a pretty cool thing.

Honestly, I just hope he goes anywhere but Cleveland. It would be depressing to see him have to return to that horrible roster.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Lebron would be a moron to stay. If the players around him weren't good enough to get out over the top before they definitely aren't now that the East is so improved.
but it doesn't have to stay like that. He could take a firm stance and say get me the help I need or Im going to publicly demand a trade.

The fans in Cleveland probably have more loyalty to Lebron than to the Cavaliers so the Cavs would be dumb not to honor his request.

The cavs also probably value Lebron more so than the Lakers did Kobe. Luckily they got him the help he needed without wavering from their stance of not wanting to trade Bynum.

The cavs could have had Amare by now if Danny Ferry wasn't dumb enough to roll the dice of JJ Hickson.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I know people have been pretty harsh on the 1-hour special on ESPN, and to some extent I agree, but the fact he wants to use the money from the sponsorship of said special and give it all to charity is a pretty cool thing.

Honestly, I just hope he goes anywhere but Cleveland. It would be depressing to see him have to return to that horrible roster.
yeah but the opponents to said hour special never took the stance that Lebron is doing this for the money, whats a few thousand going to do for him anyways.

The argument has always been this is for attention and publicity... which, quite frankly, it is...

I don't mind it though, I mean if people tune in and this thing is a ratings blockbuster than every party involved wins; Lebron, ESPN, charity, Lebron fans etc. no harm no foul.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Boozer to the Nets never made sense after they drafted Derrick Favors. Unless they wanted Favors at center.
Like Yo said, Rose and Boozer has good pick and roll potential. This also can create more opportunities for Deng to go around screens and get open shots, since defenses will be focusing on Rose and Boozer.
actally, I'm super ******* pissed, because Boozer would've been perfect to compliment Bropez for 2-3 years and groom Favors, and when Favors is ready, Boozer takes a backseat, which would be ok because of his age and such. ****. Now what? Lee? Tell me, we're not going to get any of the following:
Boozer, ***, Wade, Bosh, Johnson
and doubtful on Lebron and Lee.

******* great. Can't wait to watch Harris-Lee-Williams-someone(i dont think we're ready to start Favors)-Bropez.

fml

Lebron, I'm freaking begging you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my real hope is that he truly is doing this for pure icon-ization and wants to go global. Prohorov=global. YES IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW!

*sob*
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Duhon to Orlando per Jalen Rose on Twitter.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Old news...and it kind of sucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-07-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're more than a little late there Hines.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

oh wait, we could make a front loaded offer to tyrus thomas if we dont get David Lee.

awesome.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does Boozer to the Bulls all but rule out the Cavs for LeBron?

That's what I would think...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Jalen tweeted it like 10 minutes ago. He must have thought he was breaking news, lol.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
So does Boozer to the Bulls all but rule out the Cavs for LeBron?

That's what I would think...
I think it may make Chicago the favorite again...

...i honestly think its NY or Chicago at this point for some reason.

The Miami dream seems too good to be true, and Cleveland is just so ****** of a situation that i cant see him making himself go through that for any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about posting late news. I didn't see it untill now.