Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh wait, we could make a front loaded offer to tyrus thomas if we dont get David Lee.

awesome.
But I thought your billionaire Russian owner was going to **** on the league and sign every known FA? Bahahaha.

Sorry Scotty, that was mean. Don't worry, Knicks won't be getting LeBron. :(
Old 07-07-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
actally, I'm super ******* pissed, because Boozer would've been perfect to compliment Bropez for 2-3 years and groom Favors, and when Favors is ready, Boozer takes a backseat, which would be ok because of his age and such.
This would be to each his own, but I would rather have Favors on a rookie contract than Boozer on a 5 year deal. Face it, the Nets aren't going far for another couple of years, even if they land LeBron. Favors will be one of the players ready to move the team forward. The reason is that I think Favors will be a better player than Boozer.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boozer 5 yr 80 Mil to Chi

per ESPN bottom line

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
But I thought your billionaire Russian owner was going to **** on the league and sign every known FA? Bahahaha.

Sorry Scotty, that was mean. Don't worry, Knicks won't be getting LeBron. :(
I hate you :(

things to be happy about: Bropez, T-Will will be awesome, Favors in the future, Avery and hopefully Pritchard.

we just need a damn star on the wing. dammit rudy, why'd you stay in memphis :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do you guys take Ochocinco's tweet to mean that LeBron's going to NY or to NJ?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Boozer 5 yr 80 Mil to Chi

per ESPN bottom line
This is getting better.......I'm going to laugh if LeBron goes back to Cleveland now. Other than being the hometown hero, he has no real reason to go back if he ever wants to win it all. Miami is going to be better, Chicago is going to be better, the Magic is still strong, the Celtics might have a year or two left of being strong, and the Knicks may even be on the right track.

I'm going to be excited to see what sort of Shaq-esque band-aid the Cavs pull out of their ass to try and give LeBron help if they get him back.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
This is getting better.......I'm going to laugh if LeBron goes back to Cleveland now. Other than being the hometown hero, he has no real reason to go back if he ever wants to win it all. Miami is going to be better, Chicago is going to be better, the Magic is still strong, the Celtics might have a year or two left of being strong, and the Knicks may even be on the right track.

I'm going to be excited to see what sort of Shaq-esque band-aid the Cavs pull out of their ass to try and give LeBron help if they get him back.
I think you'll see the Celtics sign a couple pieces that will help them out. I really don't see them re-signing Ray Allen, instead someone like J.J. Redick who is cheaper, younger, and just as good of a shooter. Also could sign either Travis Outlaw or Ryan Gomes to backup Paul Pierce and could possibly bring back Tony Allen.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think you'll see the Celtics sign a couple pieces that will help them out. I really don't see them re-signing Ray Allen, instead someone like J.J. Redick who is cheaper, younger, and just as good of a shooter. Also could sign either Travis Outlaw or Ryan Gomes to backup Paul Pierce and could possibly bring back Tony Allen.
Ray Allen is more valuable for his defense, though.

Reddick is no slouch but Ray Allen definitely made other teams 2's work for their points. Big reason why Kobe struggled so much.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOZER eff yes. woot
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS it seems the Boozer Deal is actually more like 5 years 75 million. I likey.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have sex with Noah and Boozer and Taj
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see this craziness? LeBron's mom is crazzzzzy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/07/lebron...medium=twitter

Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I would have sex with Noah and Boozer and Taj
bad standards.

anyways, this might make knicks fans happy.

Vegas new odds has the knicks as the favorite with 33 percent.

Cavs with 29 percent.

couple days ago the heat were the favorite with 38 percent but it jumped down all the way to 18.

This may seem like nothing to you guys but as they were discussing on the radio this trend in numbers is a big sign that someone on the inside knows whats up.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like David Lee could go to GS in a sign and trade for Anthony Randolph.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Marc Stein's twitter the salary cap is set at 58.044 mill. about 2 mill more than expected. Luxury tax at 70.307 mill.

Last edited by yo123 : 07-07-2010 at 06:52 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Also, fox sports radio put an interesting spin on the Lebron 1 hour special. They essentially said ESPN is tying themselves to the hip to Lebron which is going to compromise any objectivity.

They will no longer report the bad news but only good news. Why would Lebron's network air any negative news about him.

it's kind of like how Disney owned the rights to Siskel and Ebert so you rarely see them give any disney movies a bad review.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

I am currently trying to come up with a drink called the Carlos Boozer. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Anyone see this craziness? LeBron's mom is crazzzzzy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/07/lebron...medium=twitter
So whatever happened to that affair she had with Delonte West?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I am currently trying to come up with a drink called the Carlos Boozer. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Just a lot of chest hair.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm kinda starting to believe those orange Nike witness t-shirts I saw posted because I really think he wants to play in Madison Square Garden. Plus, I just cannot realistically see him going with the Cavs, doing a 1 hour special to stay home? Nah, to me that makes no sense at all, I think he was on the fence until Bosh declined. Miami is a no go, I know people are clinging to that but those 3 stars won't play together.

As good as they are I don't think Lebron wants anyone else taking too much credit for a ring. NY has a better sidekick with Amare then Cleveland can probably get for 2 years, and as they said would have room to give a max deal next year. So while it may not be Melo it would be room to be a nice upgrade.

Like someone said if they could manage Tony Parker, Lebron, Amare, and Gallinari I like that team much better then Cleveland and can at least comete with anyone in the East. They would also be able to get better the next season as well.

Plus I think the market entices him. Chicago has a shot with Boozer there now, but the NY market is much better, and he can still run the point-forward so to speak in NY. The 1 hour selection show seems fitting for a NY announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Like someone said if they could manage Tony Parker, Lebron, Amare, and Gallinari I like that team much better then Cleveland and can at least comete with anyone in the East. They would also be able to get better the next season as well.
Exactly my point. They'd be competitive this year, and next year could sign a good player for the MLE and draft a promising player. And there's always the option of a sign-and-trade with Eddie Curry's $11 million expiring contract.

NY makes a lot of sense for LeBron. As does NJ.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think I'm kinda starting to believe those orange Nike witness t-shirts I saw posted because I really think he wants to play in Madison Square Garden. Plus, I just cannot realistically see him going with the Cavs, doing a 1 hour special to stay home? Nah, to me that makes no sense at all, I think he was on the fence until Bosh declined. Miami is a no go, I know people are clinging to that but those 3 stars won't play together.

As good as they are I don't think Lebron wants anyone else taking too much credit for a ring. NY has a better sidekick with Amare then Cleveland can probably get for 2 years, and as they said would have room to give a max deal next year. So while it may not be Melo it would be room to be a nice upgrade.

Plus I think the market entices him. Chicago has a shot with Boozer there now, but the NY market is much better, and he can still run the point-forward so to speak in NY. The 1 hour selection show seems fitting for a NY announcement.

A very good point. He is at his best when the ball is in his hand and the offense flows through him. That is something that wouldn't be possible in Chicago or Miami.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow night, LeBron James will announce that he will sign with the New York Knickerbockers.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Tomorrow night, LeBron James will announce that he will sign with the New York Knickerbockers.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link or **** you.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Can someone fill me in on how the Knicks can land Parker?