Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broussard is never right.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Broussard is never right.

Didn't he break the Wade/Bosh thing this morning?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Didn't he break the Wade/Bosh thing this morning?
No that was me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH,
Thoughts on the Magic's offseason so far?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm going to choose to believe him because everything about New York sucks and I really want to be able to not hate Lebron next year.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard from my sources Drake is gonna perform on the 1 hour Lebron special tomorrow night. They also pulled in some trained dolphins and managed to put glitter halo's above their head so they can be more attractive when they jump through fire hoops.

CBS and NBC are both gonna be canceling whatever programs they had to show the premiere, and the DVD will be on sale this weekend for 29.99 in most electronic stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate super teams. seriously, i'd rather we have 16 good teams than have a superpower out west and 3 potentially out east. It makes it a really bad thing if one of these teams were to lose a series to a team they don't match-up well with. example would be if the Lakers got ran out of the first round by the 8 seed Warriors getting hot from deep while the Lakers are still trying to wake up from their end of season coast, or if the Miami Heat were to get outsized by Indiana or muffed up by a physical Hawks/Celtics team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I hate super teams. seriously, i'd rather we have 16 good teams than have a superpower out west and 3 potentially out east. It makes it a really bad thing if one of these teams were to lose a series to a team they don't match-up well with. example would be if the Lakers got ran out of the first round by the 8 seed Warriors getting hot from deep while the Lakers are still trying to wake up from their end of season coast, or if the Miami Heat were to get outsized by Indiana or muffed up by a physical Hawks/Celtics team.

I hate superpower teams too, but realistically I dont' see any way possible the Heat don't win a title with Lebron joining them and Riley coaching. It's about as unfair as you can get.

Sad thing is, while Lebron is gonna get his ring people are gonna say he didn't have to carry his team there. None the less, it'll be interesting if he does go, to see whose team it really is when the playoffs get here.

When there in the ECF in the 4th quarter of a close game, who takes over the game? If Wade is hot does Lebron just keep feeding him and vice versa? Where does Bosh even fit in? His numbers are gonna drop tremendously.

But, they should still be able to get something decent to help for Beasley in a trade, but I'd try and keep Chalmers. Wonder if they would have room left to try and sign Haywood.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post

hehehehehe, you said muff.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Morrow would excel with the NYK. He would even do well with the Bulls. Hell, any team that lets him do his thing which is score is going to end up with an awesome player for good value.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron will be a Knickerbocker.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the last 24 hours LeBron has been spotted in Akron, Miami, New York and the Moon. There is a reason he is the King.

As long as he doesn't go back to Cleveland I will be happy.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat Gonna Heat.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I'm trying to figure out what Vets would be lurking willing to sign and play for the mininum to get a ring. Is Michael Finley still playing lol. Reggie Miller said he's been wanting to comeback for a long time, I'm sure they'll get alot of old heads willing to strap em up for one more year.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm trying to figure out what Vets would be lurking willing to sign and play for the mininum to get a ring. Is Michael Finley still playing lol. Reggie Miller said he's been wanting to comeback for a long time, I'm sure they'll get alot of old heads willing to strap em up for one more year.
Finely was with the Celtics and hardly ever saw the court.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing turn of events I think. This is Boston of '08 x100. This is a return to the 80s style of powerhouse team. Magic-Worthy-Jabar, Bird-Parrish-McHale and now LeBron-DWade-Bosh. I wonder if they will all take a pay-cut so they can add a defensive center and a 3P specialist. That's really all they need. Even if they can only get below average talent at the other positions, no team in the league could match up with those three. It might seem tough to imagine how the ball distribution will work out, but they are pretty unselfish.

As for the argument that it will tarnish their legacies, I think it depends how many titles they win. At some point, all the naysayers in the world won't be able to deny their greatness if they get 3-5 rings. What superstar is an Island anyway? The Lakers and Celtics in the 80s had three hall of fame talents, the Bulls had Jordan and Pippen, the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and later Gasol, etc. Even Dwayne Wade hasn't accomplished much of anything without Shaq.

I wouldn't doubt that Pat Riley returns to the bench again.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-08-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Finely was with the Celtics and hardly ever saw the court.
he was slow as molasses. couldn't cover a toilet seat.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Kurt Thomas would be a good pickup at the vet min.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Kurt Thomas would be a really good pickup at the vet min.
Bingo. There are several players out there that would love to play at the vet minimum just to win a ring and get a chance to play with a big 3 of Wade, LeBron, and Bosh.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The 2011 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Lakers. I cannot wait.

Bosh vs. Gasol
James vs. Artest
Wade vs. Bryant

*Bynum, if healthy, would be tough for Miami to handle unless they trade for Brendan Haywood or something.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Finley was more of a joke anyway, just because it seems like he's played forever and he was the first name to pop into my head. I remember when he was playing 1 on 1 vs MJ with a jerry curl in what seemed like forever ago.

Kurt Thomas makes alot of sense, but yea i doubt it'd be hard to find alot of guys like that to sign. Find guys who can do 1 thing well, and just let them do that.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

This is really an incredible message sent by all of these guys. Three all-star, superstar talents, taking less money so that they can play together and win championships. Isn't that what it is all about?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The 2011 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Lakers. I cannot wait.

Bosh vs. Gasol
James vs. Artest
Wade vs. Bryant

*Bynum, if healthy, would be tough for Miami to handle unless they trade for Brendan Haywood or something.
I was going to come and say you forgot Bynum vs. Joel Anthony.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He will be knocked out with bad knees by the time they play...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This is really an incredible message sent by all of these guys. Three all-star, superstar talents, taking less money so that they can play together and win championships. Isn't that what it is all about?
I'm not all that impressed. The endorsements and other revenue streams probably are higher than their NBA contract.