Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard from Marcin Gortat that Lebron is gonna join the And1 Mixtape Tour.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I just want everyone to know that I am going to time a fap to the EXACT MOMENT lebron announces the team and I want you to think of me when it happens.
Right after last commercial break. He will want to explain why.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Jordan didn't want to win championships WITH his rivals, he wanted to win championships so his rivals wouldn't.

He took great pride in preventing guys like Ewing and Malone from getting rings. That's how Jordan was.

Kobe wouldn't do this. Jordan wouldn't do this.

Why is LeBron doing this? This tarnishes his legacy. Winning 3 on his own would mean more than winning 6 like this.
You know the answer BBD...he is looking around at the possibilities and doesn't see a squad he can beat Wade/Bosh with.

Then again, not set in stone yet. I guess we'll find out shortly.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
If he goes to Miami:

LeBron 27/8/8
Wade 24/5/5
Bosh 19/10/2

I don't care what anyone says, if LeBron goes to Miami, he'll make it his team on the court.

Yeah, I don't understand why people think LeBron would be Pippen and Wade would be Jordan. LeBron is the more known player, the more exciting player, the better defender, passer, rebounder with scoring being a push. LeBron hasn't won the title, but Wade has done nothing without a 24/10 Shaquille O'Neal in the lineup. Wade may own Miami now, but one 30/10/10 game in the playoffs and Heat fans would be all about LeBron James.

(Shaq in '05-'06 > Chris Bosh now, easy.)

Last edited by Shiver : 07-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan didn't want to win championships WITH his rivals, he wanted to win championships so his rivals wouldn't.

He took great pride in preventing guys like Ewing and Malone from getting rings. That's how Jordan was.

Kobe wouldn't do this. Jordan wouldn't do this.

Why is LeBron doing this? This tarnishes his legacy. Winning 3 on his own would mean more than winning 6 like this.
Haha I was actually thinking about this point. Look at how much Kobe gets compared to Jordan. Even though he's won 5 now to MJ's 6, people still bring up, "Oh, he couldn't do it without Shaq. Now he can't do it without Gasol."

Imagine what is going to be said if he wins one or a couple with Wade/Bosh? Sure, he will have won his rings, and if that's all he cares about then great. But his legacy is going to forever be that he was a great player, but couldn't win without 2 other great players. That's what will be brought up every single time.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it, but this "special" is gonna get ridiculous ratings. If you're a sports fan I don't know how you can't watch this thing.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS: in an effort to emulate jordan, lebron has decided to take a leave of absence from basketball to pursue the love of another sport, football, with the cleveland browns.

during his stint with the browns, lebron is expected to be kidnapped by bugs bunny and play against the monstars, who have cleared cap space to offer five max contracts in 2011.

EDIT: another update. the leader in the clubhouse for the role of stan podelak is espn's collective staff, because they ride lebron's dick much like podelak rode jordan's.

Last edited by sbh15 : 07-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I hate it, but this "special" is gonna get ridiculous ratings. If you're a sports fan I don't know how you can't watch this thing.
Comcast wants to force everyone to get hi def boxes and we don't want to pay for that, so we don't get ESPN anymore........ :(
Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Yeah, I don't understand why people think LeBron would be Pippen and Wade would be Jordan. LeBron is the more known player, the more exciting player, the better defender, passer, rebounder with scoring being a push. LeBron hasn't won the title, but Wade has done nothing without a 24/10 Shaquille O'Neal in the lineup.

(Shaq in '05-'06 > Chris Bosh now, easy.)

I've been wondering the same thing. The only thing I can think of is their comparing them according to their playing styles? Because Lebron would actually be perfect in more of a Pippen role as a glue guy focusing more on distributing and rebounding. Not that he'd be willing to accept that role.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are some "non-game" sporting events that have had this much attention?

I imagine this will blow out everything as of late, but I can't think of anything that comes close...

O.J. Car chase?
Magic retiring from basketball?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not watching it. I'm too depressed to watch it.

For the past 2 years, the ONLY hope I've had for the Knicks was getting LeBron. I hitched my wagon onto that pipedream for 2 years.

It was the only thing keeping me sane as a Knicks fan. That happy days could possibly be in our future.

Now that its shot down, there's nothing to look forward to. And now that LeBron is going to the Heat, why even watch basketball for the next 5 years? No move your team will make will be good enough to beat this juggernaut.

So it's another 5 years minimum of pointless basketball for Knicks fans.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I imagine this will blow out everything as of late, but I can't think of anything that comes close...

O.J. Car chase?
Kobe rape?

Quote:
I'm not watching it. I'm too depressed to watch it.

For the past 2 years, the ONLY hope I've had for the Knicks was getting LeBron. I hitched my wagon onto that pipedream for 2 years.

It was the only thing keeping me sane as a Knicks fan. That happy days could possibly be in our future.

Now that its shot down, there's nothing to look forward to. And now that LeBron is going to the Heat, why even watch basketball for the next 5 years? No move your team will make will be good enough to beat this juggernaut.

So it's another 5 years minimum of pointless basketball for Knicks fans.
Amare/Paul or Parker/Melo

Just wait one more year!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

O.J. Car chase?
Tiger Woods banging every white girl in the world?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe rape?
Oh my god oh my god, YOURE ALIVE. Oh my god oh my god.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I kinda meant from a TV ratings standpoint, not just a story...

i did not specify

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What people don't understand is Lebron is NOT Jordan, or Kobe. So why say "well Jordan wouldn't do this and Kobe wouldn't"? Of course they wouldn't but why does Lebron have to be exactly the way they are?

He is a tremendous talent, but just because people go nuts over comparing him to all-time greats doesn't mean his personality has to be exactly the same as those guys. I don't know why that's hard to understand.

I would prefer a rivalry too. But I don't see the point in bringing up what some other greats wouldn't have done, he's not them, and just because his talent may be comparable he doesn't need to make a career path based exactly off of "well MJ would have done this so I need to also".

He's doing what HE wants to do and I can respect that alot more then a guy just trying to follow the footsteps and be a mirror image of what some of the all-time greats did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe rape?

Amare/Paul or Parker/Melo

Just wait one more year!
I'm hoping for an Amare/Paul/Melo trio.

But is that trio good enough though? Even if we form that trio, it's still not better than LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

So we'll witness the Knicks/Bulls of the 90s all over again. We get the pleasure of being the 2nd best team in the league constantly falling short to the juggernaut every year again.

Great.

I've been down that road before. It's painful. I don't want to relive that.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be so pissed if he chooses Cleveland for wasting my time.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm hoping for an Amare/Paul/Melo trio.

But is that trio good enough though? Even if we form that trio, it's still not better than LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

So we'll witness the Knicks/Bulls of the 90s all over again. We get the pleasure of being the 2nd best team in the league constantly falling short to the juggernaut every year again.

Great.

I've been down that road before. It's painful. I don't want to relive that.

Talent-wise it's not as good but Paul/Melo/Amare actually fit together better. Melo has proven he can play off the ball and while Lebron/Wade could work together both of them have had the ball in their hands the majority of the time their whole careers. Not to mention the CP3/Amare alleyoop combo would be deadly.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh my god oh my god, YOURE ALIVE. Oh my god oh my god.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Ill be so pissed if he chooses Cleveland for wasting my time.
Same here. And I'd honestly call him stupid too. Even in a weak conference, he hasn't been able to carry that team to a championship....with it getting stronger, his chances get far worse.

And if he goes back, who do they get to help him? Another Shaq-style band-aid won't look as good this year....
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Talent-wise it's not as good but Paul/Melo/Amare actually fit together better. Melo has proven he can play off the ball and while Lebron/Wade could work together both of them have had the ball in their hands the majority of the time their whole careers. Not to mention the CP3/Amare alleyoop combo would be deadly.
Yeah I know. But Melo leaving that 65 Mill deal is still a long shot.

I'd be thrilled if we pulled it off, but it's gonna be hard to pull off. I was hoping for an Amare/Lebron/CP3 trio.

But I guess now I just have to cross my fingers for another year :( And if that doesn't happen....:(
Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Apparently the Heat just cancelled a welcome Lebron ad order for the Miami Herald.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Apparently the Heat just cancelled a welcome Lebron ad order for the Miami Herald.
/sarcasm? or are you for real? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
/sarcasm? or are you for real? lol
Serious. Marc Stein tweeted it then like 2 minutes later said it was just because Wade and Bosh weren't signed yet.....yeah we're not going to know **** until he actually announces this.