Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, the cap space is done. Beasley just got sent to Minnesota for the Wolves 2011 second round pick.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think Chicago and New York were too close to Cleveland for LeBron's liking. I think he wanted to get as far away from Cleveland as possible and what better than chilling on south beach. From the sounds of his interview it also sounds like he's giving up his home in Akron and leaving the state of Ohio all together.
wouldnt you? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
BTW, the cap space is done. Beasley just got sent to Minnesota for the Wolves 2011 second round pick.
Figures the T-wolves would be the ones to help them out. LOL at the value too. Beasley must feel like crap.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

miami needs to get rid of the black jerseys, that is just gonna look too weird on lbj

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow from debated 1st overall pick to traded away after 2 years for a 2nd round pick. Pretty awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
miami needs to get rid of the black jerseys, that is just gonna look too weird on lbj
out of all the things to talk about, you talk about how they need to get rid of their black jerseys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
wouldnt you? lol
haha I would too although I wonder if anyone will buy it to begin with. Some rich person could buy it and then destroy it just like they are doing to his jerseys. There isnt going to be one person other than his family that supports his decision. I liked how he said he was going to call his mom once the interview was done. It made it seem like he didnt even tell his own family and that he just told his agent.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The hypocrisy is amazing to me. We as a society constantly bemoan how star athletes behave like divas, play for themselves, play for money instead of the game. LeBron James, putting at least 30$ Million dollars on the table so that he can team up with his friends to win a championship. We should be celebrating. Instead, most are trashing him.
How they did it is what kills it for me. Wade badmouthing the Bulls, acting during his meetings with Chicago, taking Pat Riley's weaseling lessons to heart and the whole thing being one goddamn circus. LeBron making this whole show about himself, Bosh getting a camera crew to make him an attention *****. That's what does it for me.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many god damn forwards does Minnesota have now?

Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Corey Brewer, Michael Beasley, Wes Johnson, Lazar Hayward.. I guess Darko, Nikola Pekovic.. Anyone else?

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I'm speechless. I hope he's not serious.
I hope he's right. That would be great.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I have no problem with what LeBron did. He wants to win, and the dumb-ass Cleveland higher-ups were incompetent. Then again, I was awfully pissed off when the Wolves traded the Big Ticket, so this is a different situation for me.
I have no problem with him wanting to win, but teaming up on a "super team" in order to do so is the ***** way out. To me he basically said, well I can't beat em so I'll join em instead.

I've long hated LeBron (would've taken him on the Bulls without a problem though) and this was icing on top of the cake for me. Helluva talent but he's an arrogant douche with a sense of entitlement that IMO he hasn't earned yet.

Sure, he might win multiple titles down there but no one will respect them as much as they would had he stayed or gone to a team where he was the man. But, titles are titles and this is the way he feels he can get the most and I guess that's what matters to him.

I loved what Simmons said earlier in his write-up.

"LeBron had 3 choices in my opinion. Winning (Chicago). Loyalty (Cleveland). Immortality (New York). I never thought he would've chosen "Help." Bahahahaha.

I personally think it's a joke he signed with the Heat. Had he gone elsewhere than Cleveland (like New York or New Jersey) I really wouldn't have batted an eye and would have respected him for taking a challenge. Instead he takes the easy way out by joining two of the games elite players. Plus it would've made the East a lot more interesting had he stayed away from South Beach (with the improvements of Chicago, New York along with Boston, Orlando and Atlanta).

"The Chosen One." What a load of **** that is. I have a funny feeling that this will blow up in his face. Either that or the Heat are going to dominate for the next 5 years. :D

/end rant

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone that says Dan Gilbert didn't try to improve the team doesn't know what the **** they are talking about.

If anything, Gilbert tried to appease Lebron too much. Almost every move was done implicitly with his approval, and the Cavs were VERY active over the last 5 years trying to do anything they could do make the team a championship contender.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just laughing at people who are blaming LeBron for this "future" economic disaster in downtown Cleveland. Go S a D, Cleveland.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I have no problem with him wanting to win, but teaming up on a "super team" in order to do so is the ***** way out. To me he basically said, well I can't beat em so I'll join em instead.

I've long hated LeBron (would've taken him on the Bulls without a problem though) and this was icing on top of the cake for me. Helluva talent but he's an arrogant douche with a sense of entitlement that IMO he hasn't earned yet.

Sure, he might win multiple titles down there but no one will respect them as much as they would had he stayed or gone to a team where he was the man. But, titles are titles and this is the way he feels he can get the most and I guess that's what matters to him.

I loved what Simmons said earlier in his write-up.

"LeBron had 3 choices in my opinion. Winning (Chicago). Loyalty (Cleveland). Immortality (New York). I never thought he would've chosen "Help." Bahahahaha.

I personally think it's a joke he signed with the Heat. Had he gone elsewhere than Cleveland (like New York or New Jersey) I really wouldn't have batted an eye and would have respected him for taking a challenge. Instead he takes the easy way out by joining two of the games elite players. Plus it would've made the East a lot more interesting had he stayed away from South Beach (with the improvements of Chicago, New York along with Boston, Orlando and Atlanta).

"The Chosen One." What a load of **** that is. I have a funny feeling that this will blow up in his face. Either that or the Heat are going to dominate for the next 5 years. :D

/end rant
I like how you start off your rant by completely contradicting it by saying if he went to Chicago you wouldn't have had a problem with.

I feel bad for LeBron, really. For all the talk of him being a douche people are being very two-faced about his situation. Everyone knocks him for having an ego (he's signing for less money, going to D-Wade's team, and will score less points now btw) and not having rings, and he put himself in the best situation to win multiple rings but now he's a ***** for it.

Seriously? I'm beginning to think the vast majority of people disliking LeBron's decision are bigger divas than he is.

I also dislike how I have to be The Voice of Reason for LeBron. Ah crap, I capitalized the beginning letters of it. My ego is getting too big. Forenci has to do what Forenci has to do, though.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what? I can not believe how selfish Lebron was. What a prick he was to go to a team where he felt he could win a championship and could play with people who are apparently his friends for less money than he would have gotten elsewhere.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a class act. Shows what i know.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I like how you start off your rant by completely contradicting it by saying if he went to Chicago you wouldn't have had a problem with.

I feel bad for LeBron, really. For all the talk of him being a douche people are being very two-faced about his situation. Everyone knocks him for having an ego (he's signing for less money, going to D-Wade's team, and will score less points now btw) and not having rings, and he put himself in the best situation to win multiple rings but now he's a ***** for it.

Seriously? I'm beginning to think the vast majority of people disliking LeBron's decision are bigger divas than he is.

I also dislike how I have to be The Voice of Reason for LeBron. Ah crap, I capitalized the beginning letters of it. My ego is getting too big. Forenci has to do what Forenci has to do, though.
Brofist, right now.

Hmmmmm, if there is an easy way to win, and a hard way to win, which way should I go? Should LeBron play games with one shoe or with his eyes closed, just so he is going the hard way? No, he did what it took for him to win, much like I would do. I doubt LeBron did this just to piss off Cleveland fans, and if he did, he is one crazy mother ******.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
You know what? I can not believe how selfish Lebron was. What a prick he was to go to a team where he felt he could win a championship and could play with people who are apparently his friends for less money than he would have gotten elsewhere.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a class act. Shows what i know.
He'll get more money in endorsements, plus when he gets a new contract, that money really won't be much of a difference.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who doesn't want to play with other superstars, especially friends? What was he supposed to do, go back to Cleveland and then watch as Wade and Bosh win championship after championship and wonder what could have been? LeBron chose what he thought was the best option to win a championship, sacrificing millions of dollars, sacrificing his hometown by cutting off an emotional tie he has had for 26 years. He did what was best for his career, who cares if it was the easy way out, he wants a championship.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5486404.story

Quote:
The Bulls already have talked to representatives for Mike Miller and Kyle Korver, although the former also has drawn interest from the Lakers and Knicks. New Bull Carlos Boozer endorsed both in an interview on WMVP-AM 1000, the Bulls' flagship station.

Sources said the Bulls also have targeted Ronnie Brewer, Keith Bogans and Roger Mason. Wesley Matthews, J.J. Redick and Anthony Morrow are restricted free agents, though the Bulls do have enough money for significant offers to give their current teams pause should they choose that route.
Me Likely. No Keith Bogans please.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron is obviously free to do whatever he wants, but he took the easy way out. That's not even debatable. It's just like every player that signs with the Yankees because they want to win. The fact that Lebron likes the Yankees as someone not from New York says all I've ever needed to know about him.

Would most people make the same choice? I honestly don't know. But most people also don't refer to themselves as "The Chosen One". Lebron could win multiple titles in Miami and I still think this will always tarnish his legacy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Lakers fan is SO 2 weeks ago...
Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

You feel bad for LeBron? The man brought him on himself with the circus he created in F/A and this "Decision" show. Then he decides to join a super team. GMAFB. I don't feel bad for the man at all. He's an awesome player with insane upside still, but I can't stand him.

I contradict myself by saying I'd welcome him in Chicago? Anyone with half a brain would welcome LeBron to their team because well, um, he'd make them a **** ton better. This isn't show friends, it's show business. I can't stand AJ Pierzynski, but I root for him because he's on my team. I could leave my loathing of LeBron at the front door if he would let us compete every year. That's not being contradicting, that's being sensible. Hell, if Noah wasn't on the Bulls I'd probably dislike him as well. I don't have to like a player to root for him on my team (****, that was me with Pargo this entire year).

What was he supposed to do? Take a ******* challenge. Go to New York with Amar'e/Gallo/Chandler. Go to New Jersey with Lopez/Harris/Williams/Harris/Outlaw. Come to Chicago with Rose/Boozer/Noah. Go to the Clippers with their nice looking roster.

Who cares if it was the easy way out? This is what you do at the end of your career when you're desperate to win a title (see Payton and Malone). This is not what you do in the prime of your career, at least IMO. I'm surely not the only one who feels this way by the comments I've seen so far in this thread. LeBron is a ***** for making this decision.

He was correct, he made his decision based on the chance to win. But Jesus Christ, at least make it somewhat difficult.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://worldredeye.com/2010/07/game-on/

pics of wade's reaction

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I believe he is saying, Why you mad tho?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Dan Gilbert just sounds like a crybaby. Leave these shenanigans to Mark Cuban.