Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Dan Gilbert just sounds like a crybaby. Leave these shenanigans to Mark Cuban.
Yea that was a little harsh. He didn't need to go as far as he did. Talking about Heaven and Hell? C'mon now.

Do you think the reaction would've been as bad had he went to another city like New York or Chicago? Or was it inevitable once he left Cleveland?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep talking about chemistry chemistry but the Heat could win the East and a title on talent alone. just sayin

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea that was a little harsh. He didn't need to go as far as he did. Talking about Heaven and Hell? C'mon now.

Do you think the reaction would've been as bad had he went to another city like New York or Chicago? Or was it inevitable once he left Cleveland?
I'm pretty sure this letter was happening if he left Cleveland, regardless of where he went.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Wolves and Heat, sources said, have also agreed to swap an unspecified future first-round pick.
Thank you for the specificity ESPN! Anyone know what this means?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Basically that you ripped off David Kahn in a trade.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since the Timberwolves will suck for the unforseeable future (prob like next 5-10 years), you will get a top draft pick from them and knowing the luck of the Timberwolves, that will be the year they win the lottery to get first.. =D
Old 07-08-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good article, very well laid out.

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=535

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
hahahahahahaha this actually made me LOL.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You feel bad for LeBron? The man brought him on himself with the circus he created in F/A and this "Decision" show. Then he decides to join a super team. GMAFB. I don't feel bad for the man at all. He's an awesome player with insane upside still, but I can't stand him.

I contradict myself by saying I'd welcome him in Chicago? Anyone with half a brain would welcome LeBron to their team because well, um, he'd make them a **** ton better. This isn't show friends, it's show business. I can't stand AJ Pierzynski, but I root for him because he's on my team. I could leave my loathing of LeBron at the front door if he would let us compete every year. That's not being contradicting, that's being sensible. Hell, if Noah wasn't on the Bulls I'd probably dislike him as well. I don't have to like a player to root for him on my team (****, that was me with Pargo this entire year).

What was he supposed to do? Take a ******* challenge. Go to New York with Amar'e/Gallo/Chandler. Go to New Jersey with Lopez/Harris/Williams/Harris/Outlaw. Come to Chicago with Rose/Boozer/Noah. Go to the Clippers with their nice looking roster.

Who cares if it was the easy way out? This is what you do at the end of your career when you're desperate to win a title (see Payton and Malone). This is not what you do in the prime of your career, at least IMO. I'm surely not the only one who feels this way by the comments I've seen so far in this thread. LeBron is a ***** for making this decision.

He was correct, he made his decision based on the chance to win. But Jesus Christ, at least make it somewhat difficult.
Holy hell, I can't believe this. You're asking someone to not take the better chance at winning rings (something people knock him for constantly) because it's "not difficult enough"? That's one of the most absurd arguments I've heard. I mean people have ripped LeBron for so many reasons and now that he's got an awesome chance to win a ring it's that it's "too easy". Keep in mind there are plenty of NBA experts who still say Chicago was the best fit for him.

You're right though, it's not being contradictory. It's being two-faced. Saying one thing because the situation panned out as it did, but if LeBron had come to the Bulls you would support it.

Keep in mind I'm a Knicks fan who LeBron didn't think was good enough to come play for. I don't blame him. Heat are a better team now than the Knicks.

Why should LeBron rely on his inept front office (yes they were awful) to put the talent around him when he can take his best chance at winning?

I'm not even a huge LeBron fan. He's got an ego, no doubt. Then again so do most athletes. Wade must have a huge ego too for messing with the Bulls and wearing a Miami-Wade t-shirt on ESPN yesterday. Yet they both seem like good human beings to me, so I could really give a **** less how big their egos may be.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't say the Heat and Wolves are swapping firsts round picks, just swapping a first round pick, but doesn't say who is getting said pick. Or maybe it is saying they're swapping picks I have no clue.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't say the Heat and Wolves are swapping firsts round picks, just swapping a first round pick, but doesn't say who is getting said pick. Or maybe it is saying they're swapping picks I have no clue.
Odds are its that for some crazy reason from hell that you have a better pick then then them that you will have to give up that pick for them taking Beasley.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Anyone that says Dan Gilbert didn't try to improve the team doesn't know what the **** they are talking about.

If anything, Gilbert tried to appease Lebron too much. Almost every move was done implicitly with his approval, and the Cavs were VERY active over the last 5 years trying to do anything they could do make the team a championship contender.
Its Dan Gilbert fault Lebron left, he didn't want to trade JJ Hickson for Amare Stoudmire again he didn't want to trade away the great JJ Hickson . He thought LeBron could carry the garbage Cavs to NBA Finals. Dan Gilbert must be on crack if he thinks the Cavs are gonna win a Championship before the Heat.
LeBron wants to win championships and thats what he is gonna do. Whoever said that he took the easy way out remember you play to win the game. Oh yeah he doesn't owe anything the CAvs or Cleveland( that depress city), I would have left after my rookie deal was up

Last edited by Complex : 07-09-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

funny read
Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm a Miami Heat fan now. kthxbye.
Vince Carter > Lebron James :P

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does everybody believe my theory now that Lebron James had Julius Peppers syndrome but, like, 239429034820384 times worse? Can you imagine shouldering the burden of that depressed city? Why wouldn't any sane person run as far from Cleveland as possible?

That said, I still think Chicago would have been a better fit for him, but there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be "THE guy." And that's what I think this move says more than anything - "I'm tired of being THE guy, tired of everything riding on my shoulders, tired of that much pressure and scrutiny, and the scary chance that I might not have anything to show for it at the end of my career." Like I said, is that wrong? Not necessarily. You can look at this move as either really smart, or really...chicken, I guess. Or some combination of the two. I dunno.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-09-2010 at 12:20 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wolves and Heat only swap 1st round picks if the Wolves have a better record than the Heat, soooo yeah...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Next, the Cavaliers say that they're going to move to a different city and have an announcement special live on ESPN where they choose their next location....

Oh, and the Browns all suddenly die of staph infections too.

Ohio ceases to exist.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot stand his decision solely based on the fact that they are creating a super team. I really liked the idea of having a NBA where there were a lot of really high powered matchups if he went to the Knicks. I like what Sweetness said about him taking the easy way out, idk how anyone can cheer for Lebron anymore or Miami because it's like cheering for a probowl team. Where is the fun in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Its Dan Gilbert fault Lebron left, he didn't want to trade JJ Hickson for Amare Stoudmire again he didn't want to trade away the great JJ Hickson . He thought LeBron could carry the garbage Cavs to NBA Finals. Dan Gilbert must be on crack if he thinks the Cavs are gonna win a Championship before the Heat.
LeBron wants to win championships and thats what he is gonna do. Whoever said that he took the easy way out remember you play to win the game. Oh yeah he doesn't owe anything the CAvs or Cleveland( that depress city), I would have left after my rookie deal was up
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

J.J. Hickson was part of the offer for Amare.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

J.J. Hickson was part of the offer for Amare.
no he wasn't the cavs didn't want to trade him.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert sounds like such a loser in that letter. I don't think I've ever seen anything more unprofessional out of an owner, even out of Cleveland. He needs to understand that its a business and LeBron had to do what was the best for him.

That all said, I don't like LeBron's decision. If I was him I would have gone to New York. I don't like him taking the perceived easy way out. And I really don't like the way he went about doing it. Bosh and Wade just came out and said it, why did LeBron feel the need to upstage them and have this circus? Because he's an attention *****.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets be educated here....

the proper term of what we witnessed (lol pun) by Dan Gilbert was a "diatribe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
no he wasn't the cavs didn't want to trade him.
See here:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...happen_sunday/

here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...mirecavs021309

here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ous_trade.html

here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...es15-2010feb15

I could go on.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Holy hell, I can't believe this. You're asking someone to not take the better chance at winning rings (something people knock him for constantly) because it's "not difficult enough"? That's one of the most absurd arguments I've heard. I mean people have ripped LeBron for so many reasons and now that he's got an awesome chance to win a ring it's that it's "too easy". Keep in mind there are plenty of NBA experts who still say Chicago was the best fit for him.

You're right though, it's not being contradictory. It's being two-faced. Saying one thing because the situation panned out as it did, but if LeBron had come to the Bulls you would support it.

Keep in mind I'm a Knicks fan who LeBron didn't think was good enough to come play for. I don't blame him. Heat are a better team now than the Knicks.

Why should LeBron rely on his inept front office (yes they were awful) to put the talent around him when he can take his best chance at winning?

I'm not even a huge LeBron fan. He's got an ego, no doubt. Then again so do most athletes. Wade must have a huge ego too for messing with the Bulls and wearing a Miami-Wade t-shirt on ESPN yesterday. Yet they both seem like good human beings to me, so I could really give a **** less how big their egos may be.
How is it one of the most absurd arguments ever? Winning is important, I get that. Titles are important, I get that. But why not beat your competitors instead of joining them? LeBron to me just showed that he didn't think he could beat Wade, so he had to join him to win.

It's two faced to say I would root for a guy I dislike? Yea, I'm going to root for him to fail on the Bulls. Winning cures a lot of feelings, good and bad. I never, ever root for a player on my team to fail no matter how much I like or dislike them.

He calls himself "The Chosen One." He nicknamed himself "King James" out of high school. He showed absolutely no fear of being the next global icon, and then he makes a decision like this?

Look, I get that he had to make the best decision for himself and he wanted the best chance to win. It just ruins what this league and sports are all about though IMO. Competition. Putting your best up against their best. Had they decided to do this at the end of their careers, okay. But make it interesting. Make it compelling.

I guess I just have a different opinion than you on this subject.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote