Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Next, the Cavaliers say that they're going to move to a different city and have an announcement special live on ESPN where they choose their next location....

Oh, and the Browns all suddenly die of staph infections too.

Ohio ceases to exist.
Absolutely epic.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remember that they still have to win the first of 10 championships everyone is basically acting like they've won tonight.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
So does everybody believe my theory now that Lebron James had Julius Peppers syndrome but, like, 239429034820384 times worse? Can you imagine shouldering the burden of that depressed city? Why wouldn't any sane person run as far from Cleveland as possible?

That said, I still think Chicago would have been a better fit for him, but there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be "THE guy." And that's what I think this move says more than anything - "I'm tired of being THE guy, tired of everything riding on my shoulders, tired of that much pressure and scrutiny, and the scary chance that I might not have anything to show for it at the end of my career." Like I said, is that wrong? Not necessarily. You can look at this move as either really smart, or really...chicken, I guess. Or some combination of the two. I dunno.
I guess that's what separates LeBron from the likes of Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic, etc. Yes, they all had significant help, but each of them were "the guys." The accepted the challenge and rose up to it.

Like you said, is it wrong? Not necessarily. People will have differing viewpoints on it. It's a smart decision by him, but it's not a challenging one and I think that's where people are upset. They wanted to see this man take on a challenge, not succumb to it.

I still believe his image is extremely important to him and it's taken a huge hit with this decision (and the entire F/A process). Whether or not that makes a difference in the grand scheme of things is moot.

And holy ****, they just signed Mike Miller too? What....the....****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Lebron just confirmed what i have always thought about him, that he doesn't have the mindset and mental toughness to lead a team to a championship

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs have what like $10M+ available. It will be interesting to see who they sign. They could replace Lebron with one man...

It's a wash.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we got Michael Beasley for free?

Cool.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Basically that you ripped off David Kahn in a trade.

I believe you have to give something in return in order to get ripped off.
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Miller to the Heat. 6 years/$30 million.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's pretty bat **** crazy, but hopefully he get his **** together.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mike Miller to the Heat. 6 years/$30 million.

I told you Brodeur. I TOLD YOU.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remind me to post this again in 20 years

http://in20years.com/

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I believe you have to give something in return in order to get ripped off.
No you got ripped off. Your stupid gm helped the bigger 3 get better by taking a contract they didn't want and a player who plays the same position your stupid gm keeps stacking players at.

Michael Beasley and having the option to swap a 1st rd pick with a team that you will never have a better record then for a 2nd rd pick.

I would rather the 2nd rd pick.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

By the way Dan Gilbert couldn't have looked more pathetic in that letter. Have fun losing for the next 20 years ******.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I told you Brodeur. I TOLD YOU.
Haven't seen a super legit source but...

HAHAHAHAHA this is amazing. Gonna go have Pat Riley's babies brb.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
No you got ripped off. Your stupid gm helped the bigger 3 get better by taking a contract they didn't want and a player who plays the same position your stupid gm keeps stacking players at.

Michael Beasley and having the option to swap a 1st rd pick with a team that you will never have a better record then for a 2nd rd pick.

I would rather the 2nd rd pick.

Why the **** would we care how good the Heat get? How does that affect us? We're going to play them probably 2 times this year and we're not going to the playoffs anyway. This just opens us up to trade either Love or Jefferson if we want and if we don't big ******* deal. Beasley can play either the 3 or 4. Getting the #2 overall pick for absolutely nothing (that's what a 2nd round pick is) is a good deal no matter what. Both teams won.

Seriously I have learned to hate anything that Kahn does by default but there isn't anyway you can spin this to make it look like we got "ripped off."

Last edited by yo123 : 07-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I cannot stand his decision solely based on the fact that they are creating a super team. I really liked the idea of having a NBA where there were a lot of really high powered matchups if he went to the Knicks. I like what Sweetness said about him taking the easy way out, idk how anyone can cheer for Lebron anymore or Miami because it's like cheering for a probowl team. Where is the fun in that?
The Lakers have a top 2 player in Bryant and an elite player in Gasol. They have a great supporting cast with a bunch of really good players in Odom, Bynum, Artest and Fisher is a solid role player.

The Heat have top 2 in James, elite in Wade and a great player in Bosh and no money for anyone else. People have predicted that players will want to play for little to win the championship, but that those don't take a huge pay cut and are often over the hill or very flawed.

It still should be a great rivalry until Bryant retires. Just all these talk of them being an amazing team is really premature until they fill out the roster. Unless the Heat get a few very good players to join for nothing, I still have the Lakers as slightly better. The Bulls are also much improved and still have lots of cap space.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why the **** would we care how good the Heat get? How does that affect us? We're going to play them probably 2 times this year and we're not going to the playoffs anyway. This just opens us up to trade either Love or Jefferson. Getting the #2 overall pick for absolutely nothing (that's what a 2nd round pick is) is a good deal no matter what. Both teams won.
No only the Heat win in the deal. Beasley is not going to even help you do anything on the court when you already have players that do what he does except better and he isn't a trade chip cause nobody wants him. There is a reason why they gave him away its cause he is a bust.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah what? Beasley may be insane but, they got him for what will only be a 2nd round pick. That's what you call a steal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
No only the Heat win in the deal. Beasley is not going to even help you do anything on the court when you already have players that do what he does except better and he isn't a trade chip cause nobody wants him. There is a reason why they gave him away its cause he is a bust.
He's not a bust. He hasn't lived up to his draft slot. He's a decent player at the least. We don't even have a player like Beasley on our roster. He's a 3/4 and neither one of Jefferson/Love fit that whatsoever. The only guy we had that was remotely like him last year was Ryan Gomes and he's gone.

Again. We gave up nothing. Meaning we didn't get ripped off.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Haven't seen a super legit source but...

HAHAHAHAHA this is amazing. Gonna go have Pat Riley's babies brb.
Where the **** were you during this NBA season? All the sudden you come out of the woodwork. ******* bandwagoner.

Just kidding DG.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you a Knicks fan?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasley averaged 15/6 in his 2nd year. What a scrub. >_>

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna respond but you beat me to it. Cleveland was more then willing to get Amare, the problem was that Phoenix didn't make a move or decide and the Cavs didn't want to be left out to dry without getting anyone after the trade deadline which happened last year. So they opted to go with Jamison since that could be decided immediately, Cavs were more then willing to move Hickson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Where the **** were you during this NBA season? All the sudden you come out of the woodwork. ******* bandwagoner.

Just kidding DG.
I was 5 seconds from banning you. :/

And I was too busy gouging my eyes out after watching Jermaine O'Neal trying to iso everyone and shoot turn around jumpers. And I mostly get Magic games because I live in Orlando during the season. Hooray for being on national TV all the time now though. :D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why the **** would we care how good the Heat get? How does that affect us? We're going to play them probably 2 times this year and we're not going to the playoffs anyway. This just opens us up to trade either Love or Jefferson if we want and if we don't big ******* deal. Beasley can play either the 3 or 4. Getting the #2 overall pick for absolutely nothing (that's what a 2nd round pick is) is a good deal no matter what. Both teams won.

Seriously I have learned to hate anything that Kahn does by default but there isn't anyway you can spin this to make it look like we got "ripped off."
Haha couldn't agree anymore. People are so locked into hating everything Kahn does that they blind themselves to any of the positives that may come out of any of his moves. Quite simply the Timberwolves are an AWFUL team and a trade such as this gives them a lot of talent for essentially nothing. Beasley may never really become much, but it allows us a one year trial with him to see if he does in fact have anything to offer our team. If not, we simply don't pick up his option. Also, big deal on losing the 2nd rounder, not like they couldn't buy an earlier pick back.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote