Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I can't blame him for being so upset. He gave LeBron everything he wanted and still wasn't good enough. It is the letter of a spurned lover. Its a two way street as well, cause he said LeBron never called or texted him back to give him any indication. That is an immature move as well if you think about it.
What did he give him? Antawn ******* Jamison? C'mon.

It was completely unprofessional and uncalled for no matter how you spin it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Come on man. LBJ explored all of his options and at the end of the day he chose Miami. If everyone is going to hate him for that, then whatever. It's just a shame that when a player doesn't come to the team that you root for, you hate him. (Im not just talking to you)
I don't root for any team that had a shot at LeBron, and I am very close to renouncing my Timberwolves fanship, so my reasons for hating LeBron are different. I LOVE LeBron, but he disappointed me so much with this choice. It is a straight cop out. I lost a lot of respect for him.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't blame him for being so upset. He gave LeBron everything he wanted and still wasn't good enough. It is the letter of a spurned lover. Its a two way street as well, cause he said LeBron never called or texted him back to give him any indication. That is an immature move as well if you think about it.
What did he give Lebron? a washed up shaq? moe williams lol?
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't have been a selfish move if he went to the Knicks, it would have been a move in which he will have to be the leader. Who is the leader of the Heat? Who is the Alpha dog and say gimme the ball, cause I'm taking the shot in the final seconds? This is the one team where Lebron wouldn't be the man cause Wade is the man in Miami. Thats what I disliked about Lebron, that he just sort of rolled over and doesn't care about his image, just wants to win a ring even if he has to ride on somebody's coattails. Like I said, now I understand why everyone hates Alex Rodriguez, got his money and then decided ok now I want my ring. It just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, cause he always seemed to me like he wanted to be the leader.
To reiterate the point I've made a dozen times now..

So taking less money, scoring less points, going to D-Wade's team, and wanting to win makes you selfish? So wanting to be a team player, getting to play with your friends and wanting to win championships make you a coward? Well **** sports then. If we can't applaud those ideals in sports then it's not even worth watching.

By the way, I think it's hilarious how LeBron is riding Bosh and Wades coattails when he's the best ******* player on the Miami Heat when its all said and done.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is so much BS in this thread I don't know what to do about it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Come on man. LBJ explored all of his options and at the end of the day he chose Miami. If everyone is going to hate him for that, then whatever. It's just a shame that when a player doesn't come to the team that you root for, you hate him. (Im not just talking to you)
Did he really explore all his options though, or was this whole thing just a facade? I've seen a couple reporters say that this has been in the works for a while.

SAS reported it a couple weeks ago that it was going to happen. Dan LeBetard reported that it's been done for two years. Our local guy said that Wade's interest in the Bulls was a bunch of garbage and it was all for show.

Ahhh, gotta love conspiracy theories.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He didn't want to end up like dan marino or charles barkley, if he stayed you guys would of ripped him saying he just wants money and doesn't want to win blah blah blah.
But it would have been like Marino joining the Cowboys or Packers or Barkley joining the Bulls so they can just say "Hooray I now won a title". Like I said, I think this generation might go down as the generation of Wade, cause if you think about it and this super team wins multiple titles, Wade will always have more then LeBron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bulls could draft, sign and trade for players, the Cavs can't....
I don't care that he didn't go home. I don't care if he goes to Chicago, New York, or even New Jersey. He went to Miami to build a super team. He didn't want a challenge. He is taking the easy route. It isn't about loyalty, it is about LeBron being a *****.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is just jealous cuz its not their team. We are gonna dominate, we are gonna have a dynasty, all of u haters and the entire state of Ohio can suck my small ass white dick. Good night.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

So taking less money, scoring less points, going to D-Wade's team, and wanting to win makes you selfish? So wanting to be a team player, getting to play with your friends and wanting to win championships make you a coward? Well **** sports then. If we can't applaud those ideals in sports then it's not even worth watching.

By the way, I think it's hilarious how LeBron is riding Bosh and Wades coattails when he's the best ******* player on the Miami Heat when its all said and done.
My question to you is, is Lebron the leader of this team?

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could respond to all the stupid things being posted in this thread but it's coming way too fast.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

QFMT

Quote:
LeBron = Batman
DWade = Robin
Bosh = Alfred
Mike Miller = Batgirl

Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't have been a selfish move if he went to the Knicks, it would have been a move in which he will have to be the leader. Who is the leader of the Heat? Who is the Alpha dog and say gimme the ball, cause I'm taking the shot in the final seconds? This is the one team where Lebron wouldn't be the man cause Wade is the man in Miami. Thats what I disliked about Lebron, that he just sort of rolled over and doesn't care about his image, just wants to win a ring even if he has to ride on somebody's coattails. Like I said, now I understand why everyone hates Alex Rodriguez, got his money and then decided ok now I want my ring. It just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, cause he always seemed to me like he wanted to be the leader.
He was the leader of Cavs and took them to the NBA finals and single-handly almost beat the Magic 2 years ago. He can't do it by himself no one can
Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no right or wrong answer here. So why not just let the people who view LeBron as a ***** go? And why not let those who applaud LeBron's decision go? It's all a matter of opinion. It's apparent that a lot of us see it differently.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
What did he give Lebron? a washed up shaq? moe williams lol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What did he give him? Antawn ******* Jamison? C'mon.

It was completely unprofessional and uncalled for no matter how you spin it.
I'm not saying every move he made was perfect, but he made every move possible to try to help Lebron win, cause it was always about putting pieces around him. Also, you got to consider that he let LeBron's family into the organization as much as he could. I want to see how this holds over in Miami.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He was the leader of Cavs and took them to the NBA finals and single-handly almost beat the Magic 2 years ago. He can't do it by himself no one can
I don't think anyone is saying he had to do it by himself.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I don't care if Dan Gilbert acquired the 1960s Celtics for LeBron to play with. There is no excuse for his performance tonight, none whatsoever. It is the most shockingly unprofessional, immature, petty spectacle I have ever seen. He makes Mark Cuban look like a choir boy.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought he could, he was superhuman and in my mind I felt he could take any team to the top, and all he needed was a very good, all star caliber number two player. Nothing else was really needed

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
But it would have been like Marino joining the Cowboys or Packers or Barkley joining the Bulls so they can just say "Hooray I now won a title". Like I said, I think this generation might go down as the generation of Wade, cause if you think about it and this super team wins multiple titles, Wade will always have more then LeBron.
Barkley tried to create a super team( the rockets) at the end of his career with Hakeem, Pippen and drexler I think( I also think steve francis was on the roster). Lebron is just smarter because he wants to win while he is young not washed up like barkley.
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say he and Wade are co-leaders. Five years from now when Wade is starting to slow down and LeBron is still dominating I think LeBron may very well be the leader of the Heat then.
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I don't think anyone is saying he had to do it by himself.
Exactly. It isn't about him doing it himself. It is about taking the easy road out.

Barry likes the Magic more than the Heat. What an idiot.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You need to stop sounding like a whiny ***** dude, Beasley may never be what people thought, ever. But your ignorant if you think it was "stupid" for the Wolves to trade a 2nd rounder for him. Sounds like your just mad at the world because you can't go buy a Lebron jersey so now everyone else does ****** moves huh? You sound like a 12 year older who couldn't get the candy they wanted at the check-out lane.
You know a giant **** You LTgiants would have covered it but ok. Sure I wanted Lebron how can I deny that but I am not mad at the Heat cause Lebron is a ***** and needs to have two of the top players in the league on his team.

I think its a stupid move for the Wolves ya they don't benefit from the deal on the court the Heat do cause they get to add a shooter that team would need to win the title they want. Beasley is not going to affect the T-Wolves win at all cause they already have a glut of 3's and 4's cause there gm is well stupid.

It's a stupid deal to take on a ****** player and his contract from a team that just added 3 best guys to give them more room to add another good player then to ask to swap picks with that team like you actually believe that you have a chance to have a better record then them. Its Dumb you don't agree Idc don't agree.
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Gilbert, ur first in line to kiss my fat white ass whenever u want. What a douchebag.........
sweetness34
Icon

Let's talk about the sexiness that is Derrick Rose. That'll surely cheer everyone up.

I just came.

Quote:
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who cares. Everybody has been knocking him because he hasn't won any rings. Now he has a great chance to win multiple rings and everybody is criticizing him for taking the easy way out. It's ridiculous.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote