Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Who cares. Everybody has been knocking him because he hasn't won any rings. Now he has a great chance to win multiple rings and everybody is criticizing him for taking the easy way out. It's ridiculous.
There is nothing ridiculous about it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very impressed with Dan Gilbert's trolling effort.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Exactly. It isn't about him doing it himself. It is about taking the easy road out.

Barry likes the Magic more than the Heat. What an idiot.
Any1 who says any1 else besides the Heat in the east is a dumbass and should not have a job commentating basketball or has a vandetta against the super team or one of the people apart of that team. We have the 2nd and 3rd best current players in the NBA on our team. And yes, Kobe is the best.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'd say he and Wade are co-leaders. Five years from now when Wade is starting to slow down and LeBron is still dominating I think LeBron may very well be the leader of the Heat then.
Well I'm sure the Heat are hoping what happened with the Lakers is what happens to them. That the two alpha dogs can co exist long enough to win a title or 3 before they are at each other's necks.

But hell hath no response if he fails to win a title in the first two years as a member of the Heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're trying to bill yourself as the 'chosen one' and the king, wouldn't it make more sense to try and prove yourself as the best player out there by beating the best instead of riding someone else to a title? I could be wrong, but that's how it looks for me.
Like I said before, I don't have a problem with them getting together to win a title, I just hate how it happened and how they did it.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I'm not saying every move he made was perfect, but he made every move possible to try to help Lebron win, cause it was always about putting pieces around him. Also, you got to consider that he let LeBron's family into the organization as much as he could. I want to see how this holds over in Miami.
So Lebron should wait until Dan Gilbert decides to sign someone who is actually a star right now and not at the end of their career. He let Lebron's family into the organization becuase Lebron is the best NBA player.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Any1 who says any1 else besides the Heat in the east is a dumbass and should not have a job commentating basketball or has a vandetta against the super team or one of the people apart of that team. We have the 2nd and 3rd best current players in the NBA on our team. And yes, Kobe is the best.
Well it takes more than 3 players to win, even though those players are ridiculously talented. So until they fill out their roster I don't mind people picking the Magic.

I don't care who you have on your roster though, if you don't have a decent bench you are screwed unless you have these guys player 40+ minutes a night. Riley will work some magic though. Hell, he's already signed Mike Miller.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Who cares. Everybody has been knocking him because he hasn't won any rings. Now he has a great chance to win multiple rings and everybody is criticizing him for taking the easy way out. It's ridiculous.
Others may have criticized him because that is how a legacy is defined, by how many titles are won. But I never criticized him cause I never saw anyone with these types of skills.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I would hate LeBron too if I was a fan of any of the 29 teams he is not on. However, he is on my team, so marry me soon to be #6, although #3 is my favorite and my leader of this team. He has a ring.....
Old 07-09-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll tell you right now...the Magic dont have **** on that team.

We have no one to guard Lebron and Wade. And no one is going to slow them down all that well either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
If you're trying to bill yourself as the 'chosen one' and the king, wouldn't it make more sense to try and prove yourself as the best player out there by beating the best instead of riding someone else to a title?
Like I said before, I don't have a problem with them getting together to win a title, I just hate how it happened and how they did it.
That is what I am thinking, how can he really keep calling himself the King when he isn't the King in his own city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He let Lebron's family into the organization becuase Lebron is the best NBA player.
Exactly, so he has a bit of a reason to be upset. He just lost the greatest player that would ever play in a Cavs uniform.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You know a giant **** You LTgiants would have covered it but ok. Sure I wanted Lebron how can I deny that but I am not mad at the Heat cause Lebron is a ***** and needs to have two of the top players in the league on his team.

I think its a stupid move for the Wolves ya they don't benefit from the deal on the court the Heat do cause they get to add a shooter that team would need to win the title they want. Beasley is not going to affect the T-Wolves win at all cause they already have a glut of 3's and 4's cause there gm is well stupid.

It's a stupid deal to take on a ****** player and his contract from a team that just added 3 best guys to give them more room to add another good player then to ask to swap picks with that team like you actually believe that you have a chance to have a better record then them. Its Dumb you don't agree Idc don't agree.

You usually bring up some good points but nothing in this entire argument makes any sense.

1. 2nd round picks are all but worthless
2. Michael Beasley is not a ****** player
3. His contract is reasonable
4. Kevin Love is our only 4 for the most part. Unless you count Jefferson who plays a lot of 5 for us.
5. We have a lot of threes but they all suck except Wes Johnson
6. We don't care whether or not the Heat go 82-0 sweep the playoffs and don't allow a point all season.
7. There is no possible way you can justify thinking this is a bad trade for us unless your a butthurt Knicks fan who is pissed the Heat are going to run **** in the East for the next 5 years.

Last edited by yo123 : 07-09-2010 at 01:46 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'll tell you right now...the Magic dont have **** on that team.
They have Dwight Howard.....u know what? Does he want to come to Miami? Now we'd have a team then.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Gilbert aside, I don't get the ignorance of the Cavs fans burning LBJ's jersey and etc. I mean, he showed so much respect to Akron and Cleveland since his AAU days it's not even funny. When he accepted all his MVP's I believe it was in his hometowm, he was always doing camps at homes, giving to charities at home, and gave it his all on the court and took that team to places it has never really been to.

Watching the backlash from the fans and Gilbert is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope T-Mac and JJ Redick sign with the heat
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
They have Dwight Howard.....u know what? Does he want to come to Miami? Now we'd have a team then.
Dwight Howard should dominate against them, that's true. He owns Bosh and Pittman isnt going to stop him. But on the other end of things, we're ****** on defense. What are we going to do? Have VC or Redick guard Wade and Pietrus shadow Lebron? PLEAAAAAAASE. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people keep saying it's Dwayne Wade's team? Lebron James is the best player on that team. Who cares if Wade's been there for longer? It's a completely new roster.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are the same Cleveland fans who booed Jim Thome when he came back in a White Sox uniform. The Albert Belle one was a lot of fun.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows, for all we know Dan Gilbert was a prick before LeBron left. Dwayne Wade sold the ownership/management as much as anything to his friends. I have a hard time imagining Gilbert all of the sudden turned into a dickhead.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Exactly. It isn't about him doing it himself. It is about taking the easy road out.

Barry likes the Magic more than the Heat. What an idiot.
I like how people think it's the easy way out. Like the rest of the NBA is just going to lie down and hand the Heat the championship. Apparently winning an NBA title is comparative to cheating on a test in your 8th grade English class. It's so easy!

I guess winning championships just isn't enough for LeBron now that people think he can actually do it with talent around him. Now he has to do it in a way that's challenging!
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and as far as "The King" token, he didn't even give himself that nickname. Blame Sports Illustrated when they put him on the cover on their magazine and starting calling him "King James" before he was even a Senior.

They ran with it, it stuck. It's not like he started calling himself that in an interview one day and people caught onto it. It's hard to really harp too much on a nickname that he didn't even start himself.

Quote:
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I hope T-Mac and JJ Redick sign with the heat
T-Mac may take the minimum to win a title. I remember him saying that if the Knicks brought in LeBron and another max free agent, he would take the veterans minimum.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-Mac off the bench would be ridiculous and it would keep him healthy. (maybe...)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Why do people keep saying it's Dwayne Wade's team? Lebron James is the best player on that team. Who cares if Wade's been there for longer? It's a completely new roster.
.......trying to come up with something........Wade was the first to say he was going to be apart of the Heat for the upcoming season.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You usually bring up some good points but nothing in this entire argument makes any sense.

1. 2nd round picks are all but worthless
2. Michael Beasley is not a ****** player
3. His contract is reasonable
4. Kevin Love is our only 4 for the most part. Unless you count Jefferson who plays a lot of 5 for us.
5. We have a lot of threes but they all suck except Wes Johnson
6. We don't care whether or not the Heat go 82-0 sweep the playoffs and don't allow a point all season.
7. There is no possible way you can justify thinking this is a bad trade for us unless your a butthurt Knicks fan who is pissed the Heat are going to run **** in the East for the next 5 years.

I didn't even bother responding because when people are arguing nonsense it's almost like their trying to convince themselves and not even worth the effort. I could come up with more reasons then you did, yet if the Knicks were the ones to pull this deal off then it would be a silver lining for them and he would be trying to explain how it was such a steal.

Quote: